Thread: Went out shopping en femme for the first time today!

Smile Went out shopping en femme for the first time today!

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I went out for the first time shopping en femme. It was an amazing experience, I encourage any of you other girls who dream about going out dressed to give it a shot! I hope to take some pictures and post them soon, but I wore a silky, fall-colored top, black knee-length skirt, black tights and flats.

The first thing I did was stop at the gas station and fill up. It was my first time in daylight dressed. I pretty much just filled up the tank and didn't look around much. There were a lot of people around, but they just were minding their own business.

From there, I drove my gf who had tagged along to a couple stores she needed things from, I just waited in the car for her. Finally it was time for me to do it- I pulled into the Goodwill parking lot which was packed. I touched up my makeup and hair, and off I went for my maiden voyage while my gf waited for me in the car.

Just walking to the store felt amazing. Being out in the open, walking from my hips was exhilarating. It was such a great feeling walking in the store, I reminded myself to slow down and browse like a woman might do. (I get annoyed at my girlfriend for doing this- with me it's in and out!) I was looking at a cute pair of peep toe heels in size 11 when a young boy ran past me through the isle and said, "excuse me ma'am" That made me smile

I slipped my foot out of my flats and tried on the heel, it fit well so I decided to buy them. From there I started looking for what I originally came to find: a coat. I found them across the store, remembering to slow down and walk feminine, and browsed until I found something that was alright for what I'm looking for. I'd like to alter it a bit to fit more snugly around my waist... but you can't beat $10.

The cash register was the last thing now, and I'm sure the girls at the counter noticed I was dressed, but they didn't say anything, stare, or give me any kind of hassle. I actually felt more comfortable shopping for female clothes dressed then when I'm dressed as a male. Walking out of the store, I felt amazing that I had done it.

So, if there's any of you girls who always wanted to do this like me, I strongly urge you to just do it! I've been doing my homework learning how to do makeup, hide the beard, walk etc. and it was the right time to go out as my female alter ego (still haven't decided on a name yet...) Take those baby steps and make it happen!

Also, a quick question:

-Do you girls have any suggestions for making heels stay on your foot? When I wear tights or hose my heel slips out when I walk. I've heard hairspray or a special shoe insert... any other ideas?

HEEL GRIPS, thats what you need, i got some off ebay quite cheap,you stick them on the shoe and they work fine abit like Party feet that you put inside the shoe ,like a cusion sole,

Hugs

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Ashley...way to go...Someday for me...Still working a lot of things out...Anyhow...a few days ago i was in Payless trying on some flats...I also take an 11...Depends..sometimes 10, sometimes 12...But I also find that if they fit well, they flop on my heels..I think they make pads or heel thingamajiggees to prevent this...I should have asked the SA for advice..They are very accommodating in that store.I love it there... While I was barefoot between try-ons a guy walked by and saw my red toe nails..he jerked in surprise for a moment, but continued on his way without comment...I love my girliness...One of these days, I hope to write a post like the one you just wrote...In the meantime smooches and be well....Oops..I see someone posted what they are called..Heel grips....Okay. Thanks
    Jackie
    Jackie

Very encouraging story Ms. Ashely :-) Made me feel good reading it. I dream to come out into the world dressed up, but I just can't risk running into people that know me as a "normal" guy. My only chance is halloween but I'll dress too perfect and people will start to wonder about me.. :-(

Way to go. Great going. I went out fully dressed in the daytime for the first time just a couple of months ago. Everything went well and I completely enjoyed myself as I'm sure you did.

AnitaH

Good job Ashley,

Last evening, I went through a drive-in fast food rest. for a drink. That was a bit of a rush for me. I haven't the courage to walk into a store yet. Too much light - to much potential for my ego to be bruised if clocked - especially if someone I know or work with. I find it easier to go into a club than a store but would much rather go into a store. But first, I have to cage the butterflies in my stomach.

Again, good job. I admire anyone who can go out in the light. :-)
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

I just recently spent some time in public as Linda. It was a great feeling but still scary as I haven't really developed a feminine voice. Twice, as I walked past a woman, she greeted me with "good morning" I did manage a more or less female "thank you" back. I probably sounded more like Michael Jackson than a female, though.

I don't know how I would do actually talking to someone in a store or a cashier. I suppose I could have pulled off the drive through at a fast food restaurant if I had tried.

Why didn't your GG friend go in the store with you? And why didn't you go with her?

I seems to me, having a GG along would make it much easier and make you much less apt to be read.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Linda,

She stayed in the car because she was feeling tired. Also, I was a little more dressed up than her, so being out together felt a bit incongruent to me. In the past it was nice having her around when we first ventured out with car rides and night time trips, but being by myself really allowed me to rebuild my identity from scratch.

I didn't go into the stores she went to because they were bigger, like Wal-Mart. Plus, even though the chances are super slim, I felt like I might possibly run into someone I know there. Besides, Goodwill is just a much more peaceful kind of environment (like Joanne Fabrics or something) and Wal-Mart is just a madhouse. Even in drab I get antsy in there sometimes, so I just sat in the car and built up my courage.

Platinum Member
    Congratulations, Ashley. All that practice and preparation paid off, didn't it? Next time, don't avoid the larger stores...I think you'll be surprised to find that you'll feel less conspicuous in a crowd than you do in a quiet store. Still, small shops can be fun because your encounters with staff are so much more personal. And next time, see if you and your GF might get your outfits in synch. It would be great fun to shop together!

If my wife knew, and if she was willing, we would be out in public as often as possible. Not where people would know us (or her), but in another town or city. Let her drive, let her do most of the talking, etc. Few people would question a good looking female with a less good looking one taging along.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda