Hi everyone,

This afternoon I went out for the first time shopping en femme. It was an amazing experience, I encourage any of you other girls who dream about going out dressed to give it a shot! I hope to take some pictures and post them soon, but I wore a silky, fall-colored top, black knee-length skirt, black tights and flats.

The first thing I did was stop at the gas station and fill up. It was my first time in daylight dressed. I pretty much just filled up the tank and didn't look around much. There were a lot of people around, but they just were minding their own business.

From there, I drove my gf who had tagged along to a couple stores she needed things from, I just waited in the car for her. Finally it was time for me to do it- I pulled into the Goodwill parking lot which was packed. I touched up my makeup and hair, and off I went for my maiden voyage while my gf waited for me in the car.

Just walking to the store felt amazing. Being out in the open, walking from my hips was exhilarating. It was such a great feeling walking in the store, I reminded myself to slow down and browse like a woman might do. (I get annoyed at my girlfriend for doing this- with me it's in and out!) I was looking at a cute pair of peep toe heels in size 11 when a young boy ran past me through the isle and said, "excuse me ma'am" That made me smile

I slipped my foot out of my flats and tried on the heel, it fit well so I decided to buy them. From there I started looking for what I originally came to find: a coat. I found them across the store, remembering to slow down and walk feminine, and browsed until I found something that was alright for what I'm looking for. I'd like to alter it a bit to fit more snugly around my waist... but you can't beat $10.

The cash register was the last thing now, and I'm sure the girls at the counter noticed I was dressed, but they didn't say anything, stare, or give me any kind of hassle. I actually felt more comfortable shopping for female clothes dressed then when I'm dressed as a male. Walking out of the store, I felt amazing that I had done it.

So, if there's any of you girls who always wanted to do this like me, I strongly urge you to just do it! I've been doing my homework learning how to do makeup, hide the beard, walk etc. and it was the right time to go out as my female alter ego (still haven't decided on a name yet...) Take those baby steps and make it happen!

Also, a quick question:

-Do you girls have any suggestions for making heels stay on your foot? When I wear tights or hose my heel slips out when I walk. I've heard hairspray or a special shoe insert... any other ideas?