Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
Short answer, it is possible to be a CD without being a TS. Absolutely.

But the definition of transgender is ANY behavior traditionally associated exclusively to the opposite sex. It's a spectrum, much like Kinsey's scale, from 1 to 6, with 1's being 100% gender conformant at all times. Wearing women's underwear, because they are women's underwear, would at least make you a 2.

If your wore spandex men's briefs or your satin men's boxers, you would be "normal", a 1, but if you wore spandex women's briefs you would fit the definition of being transgendered. If that's ALL you wore, that would be a fetish.

However, there are some who cross-dress for professional reasons. Drag Queens and Female Impersonators dress up and sing or lip-sync for money, usually tips, to entertain others. But as soon as the show is over, they rush to the dressing room to get back into their boy-clothes. Even many of these run the range from just putting on a show to pre-op transsexuals.

So if you're one of those who got cast as Charley in Charley's Aunt, or Grandma Burnsides in Mame, then you're just an entertainer, unless, like me, you campaigned for the roles, hoping you would get them, and got upset when you didn't get it. Ironically, I didn't get it because I was too believable as a woman.

If you see a beautiful woman in a beautiful dress and
1 - you want to see what she looks like without the dress, then your "All man".
2 - You wander what the dress would feel like, but don't care if it fits or if you look good, you have a fetish.
3 - You want to wear the dress look at yourself in a mirror - your a casual cross-dresser.
4 - You want to wear the dress, in your size and pass in public - your a cross dresser and somewhat transgendered..
5 - If you want to wear the dress and look as beautiful in it as she does, you're transgendered.
6 - If you want to BE that woman, in the dress, then you're transsexual.
It's amazing how relevant that answer is to me and how it's helped me... thank you!