Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuse / Reason for Shaving My Chest Hair

Excuse / Reason for Shaving My Chest Hair

Background: My wife knows I crossdress and doesn't approve, but, she doesn't know the extent of my crossdressing.

Tomorrow, I have an overnight sleep study scheduled. I've wanted to shave (at least some of) the hair on my chest so I could wear lower cut T=shirts and blouses. I was thinking that this is my opportunity. Most of my chest hair is above the nipple line. I was thinking that I could sahve what I wanted, and if my wife noticed, tell her that the technicians at the sleep clinic did it because they couldn't get the sensors to stick otherwise.

Do you think I can get away with it?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Do you have a sexy chest?

The kind of muscles the ladies want to slide their warm... slippery... ummmm... sorry. Lost my train of thought.

Shave, don't apologize. Women like sexy men, acknowledge and move on. Life is too short to go through decades of fear and regret, only to die at 53 broken and emotionally drained.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Aspiring Member
    That's probably one of the best and truest excuses for shaving your chest. Being a veteran of sleep studies (I have obstructive sleep apnea, use a CPAP machine at night), stress tests and various heart tests, I can tell you that shaving sure beats having them yank a mess of hair off when they pull the electrodes. For the sleep test, you can even get away with shaving your legs because for mine they put pads on my legs to check/monitor leg movement.

I keep my legs and chest shaved and if anyone ever asks why, I just use the had/have a dr. visit and they normally do an EKG (or is it ECG, I forget) to check the ole ticker (I've had 2 heart attacks and have a stent inside now).

All I can think of is what is going to be your excuse/reason when you continue to shave your chest hair. If it is that important to you to shave you need to be honest with your wife, otherwise its disrespectful.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Background: My wife knows I crossdress and doesn't approve, but, she doesn't know the extent of my crossdressing.

Tomorrow, I have an overnight sleep study scheduled. I've wanted to shave (at least some of) the hair on my chest so I could wear lower cut T=shirts and blouses. I was thinking that this is my opportunity. Most of my chest hair is above the nipple line. I was thinking that I could sahve what I wanted, and if my wife noticed, tell her that the technicians at the sleep clinic did it because they couldn't get the sensors to stick otherwise.
    I will caution you. Make sure if you do shave SOME of it off - that you shave that area right down to smooth. I made the mistake of taking electric clippers to my chest hair - but not down to the skin - I just shortened it to about 1/4" to make it less 'hairy', but not to get rid of it entirely. Well, let me tell you....I majorly regret doing that - it is itching like crazy when my shirt comes in contact with it. I did it on Saturday and it's been driving me nuts ever since!

It sounds like the perfect excuse! Keep it shaved by saying I like it! It's cooler! It doesen't itch anymore!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think that the best justification is "I like it that way." GGs have been using that bit of logic for decades with little argument from their SOs.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

IMO don't lie. Lies only end up hurting the ones we love. Even what you may feel is a little lie or not disclosing the complete truth can still hurt someone who loves you deeply. If you truly wish to shave it then let your wife know. If she doesn't like it then it's your choice to keep it shaved or not. But lying .. I just wouldn't go there trust me lies hurt a lot even the small ones.
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

I'm with SweetPea on this. Please don't lie.
    Reine

I'd have to agree, lying won't help. Also, having been through it before, in my case the nurse just shaved a spot big enough for the monitor on my chest. I had two bald patches but certainly not the whole lot.

lets go shopping
    my so asked me not to shave my chest she says she really likes it. then she said go ahead if you want to! I think ill let her win this one lol. for right now. im ok with that but remember it will grow back if you do shave

Banned Read only
    What do you need an excuse or a lie for? Just shave and if anyone says anything about it just tell them that is the way you like it. Period!

Please, when you shave it, continue to keep it shaved. It's itchy as anything when I snuggle with my husband and he hasn't shaved his chest that day. I personally prefer a hairy chest, and facial hair, but it's not my call. It's his body. So, when you do shave it, please KEEP it shaved.

Just my two cents worth.

Oh, and don't bother lying about it. She'll know why you've done it. Show a little respect for her. And for yourself.

I have got the same problem. She likes hairy chests and I don't although I am shaving the last months and she accepts it. Shaving excuse for an examination is good but what after? It grows faster than you think and having an examination every two weeks is not so easy...
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

a bit nutty
    Ppppplllllbh, chest hair ain't nothing. I got rid of mine a long time ago. Pits and legs, now there's trouble. Excuse? You look younger without it. Hairs on the chest (and some are grey now) make me look ooolllllllllld....Shaving it partially looks really odd. Go for the gusto and get rid of it all! It looks better, even in drab. Chest hair is so... so... so nineteen seventy something! Yech!

Ginger

Real men shave! i was in Kmart looking at hollow en stuff, and ran in to a display of mens shaver/hair trimmer, four different models, just for trimming, and shaving body hair, large attachments for the back and other large areas, and a small one for those more delicate parts, it's the big thing now, so just get in style!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I agree with most of the other comments, don't lie about it, cos in my experience lies only come back to you and often smack you in the face! I shave my chest, legs, armpits etc. It because i like it that way no other reason needed!
    Katie

Banned Read only
    For some reason my chest hair, including abdomen did not start growing until a few years ago. It must have been a hormone change. It is unsightly and I routinely shave the hairs off. The hair on my legs is not pronounced either, so I can get away with a "European" look and wear hosiery. Surviving for sixty years without hardly any body hair was great. Now it is a total annoyance.

As was said earlier just do it, your reason is short lived and what are you going to tell her when you keep shaving. If you want to shave then do it all off it chest, legs. Just do it.

dont lie.. but shave.. its gonna grow back..

Look it's your body to do with what you want, just don't lie to your SO about it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Real men shave! i was in Kmart looking at hollow en stuff, and ran in to a display of mens shaver/hair trimmer, four different models, just for trimming, and shaving body hair, large attachments for the back and other large areas, and a small one for those more delicate parts, it's the big thing now, so just get in style!
    Tina B.
    Bought a new Norelco for an elderly male relative recently, and was amazed at the number of metrosexual shaving machines on the market for men. It sure doesn't look like Kansas at Sears anymore.

Also, I agree with the "don't lie about the sleep test" line of advice. What are you going to tell the wife two or three weeks from now when it's grown-in and noticeably hairy again?

Just be honest. Getting away with it is not worth the heartache that'll happen when the truth is out. Trust me, I just went through something similar.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    I don't have much hair on chest and belly. My first time was waxing and never shave it. Just don't like the shaving feeling, specially when it begins to grow again.
    I use no excuse.
    The day I did it for the first time I told her, when we went to bed at night, that I had a surprise for her. And if she didn't like it, no problem, just a question of giving some time to re-grow.
    I took off my shirt and she immediately slide her hands over my chest and said, "wow , how nice, why did you do that"? And I "just to feel the sensation of my naked skin touching your skin".
    No more questions asked since.
    Waxing legs is less tolerated. And armpits, forget about.
    Last edited by Marcia Polari; 10-27-2011 at 04:50 PM.

I had to go for an ECG which ment I had number of bald patches where the electrodes had been attached. I also noticed it had started to go grey. I hated it so I just shaved it off. The bonus was that my wife likes to play with my nipples and it seamed to make them more sensitive and she didnt have to fight through a forrest of hair to get at them......Result all round !!!
    Fiona
    xxx