Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whats the deal with women's pants?

I wear a size 6 and found that the petite works well. I only have a 30 inseam. I have noticed that I don't fancy boot cuts as much, they make me look shorter.

Women's pants generally fit me just about right, which only of course further confirms my suspicions that I'm meant to wear women's clothing. However I think most of the points people have made on here are pretty spot on, women's legs tend to be longer than men, I'm somewhat tall so for me it sort of evens out, but also, unless they're cut to be hip-huggers, women's pants are designed to sit higher up on the waist than men usually wear them, so if you're wearing them at the same waistline you would dockers, they're a little low-slung. Also, the heels are supposed to disappear under them a little bit if they're flared at all, thats kind of the idea.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Men have the option to buy pants by waist size and inseam. Women have the option of Petite, Misses, Women's cuts all if which will have an effect on the inseam cut. Woman do generally have longer inseams. To further complicate things, women's pants are design to fall differently on the heel line because we wear shoes that are different. Men typically only wear one type of shoe...flats, and there is a pretty well established rule on where the cuff should fall. Conclusion? I have different pants that I wear with flats, different pants that I wear with heels, and different pants that I wear with boots. Isn't being a woman fantastically complicated?
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Proportions are a funny thing. I, personally, wear women's pants all the time but have to order talls in order to have the knee in the correct spot (they fit better too!). I find what little sewing skills are actually more handy with men's clothing but they are a skill that are incredibly practical. I hope that you can get your pants to fit, there are some super cute cuts out there that are totally fem and look chic in an androgynous way with the proper boi clothes.
    Kisses,
    Sarah

Every pair of women's pants I have bought are a little different from each other. I have the length adjusted for whatever heel I am going to wear with them, so that limits me to only one or two different shoes/boots to each pair. It's not easy.

I'll say that I rarely wear women's slacks, as the shortest inseam I can find is 30", and I take a 28" in guy's jeans (which are also hard to find!). I'm 5'6", but short, so I tend to wear skirts and dresses (and leggings) more often than not. However, a seamstress isn't a bad idea - I should have thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by karanne View Post
    I'll say that I rarely wear women's slacks, as the shortest inseam I can find is 30", and I take a 28" in guy's jeans (which are also hard to find!). I'm 5'6", but short, so I tend to wear skirts and dresses (and leggings) more often than not. However, a seamstress isn't a bad idea - I should have thought of that!
    Karanne dELiA's has shorter inseams, but they're more of a teenager's store, which is one of the reasons why I personally haven't gone in there. I'm going to get a few pairs of pants hemmed though. I bought a cute orange pant at H&M as well as boy's blue pants at H&M, both of which I love.
    Last edited by calebsmithxd; 01-08-2012 at 01:52 AM.

There are jeans for shorter-legged girls. I have the opposite problem, I'm 5'10" and pretty leggy. I have a 35" inseam, so I usually search for 36" inseams. But, sometimes they need to be tailored. It's real cheap to get your jeans hemmed. I usually have a problem with sizing because I have a big a$$ and smaller waist, so all of my jeans have to be tailored because the bunching fabric looks real funny under a belt. But, now, I just buy a size smaller and wear them real tight haha. You'll find a brand and stick to them...I usually look for jeans that stretch and are designed for longer legs. But, still, most of them end up tailored anyway.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I'm 5'81/2 and wear a 32x32 in men's jeans. My women's jeans are 8 long. A little tight around the
    waist lately but the length seems to fit right with heels or flats.

Oh! And, I meant to suggest skinny jeans over boot cut. I've found that I can buy skinny jeans that are a lot shorter than boot cut. They're also Really in now...boot cut is kind of yesterday. So, look for those. They need to cover your ankle and not bunch up...other than that, they are good. Also, they are mostly a stretchy material so they handle people of different shapes better. Idk if you use padding or not, but stretch denim might be an option if you are considering it in the future. If you like boots...skinny jeans are a MUST.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

No Joke. It is FAR easier for me to find a 32"(size 10-12) waist with 34" inseam; than it is to find in men's sizes. (I'm about 6'3")

I put my wife in charge of buying mens pants for me.. I've almost given up.

I'm 6 foot and wear a size 5 in women's pants and don't usually have any length problems =p