Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the deal with women's pants?

My last shopping trip for jeans, I ended up with denim stretch jeans in size 8-9. I'm also 5'10". I always try them on first.
    Womens jeans are cut much higher in the crotch (no package). For me they will fit perfect only when I tuck and pull those jeans on high and snug.
    I also use a belt to keep them up.
    Form fitting jeans are my favorite but I also wear relaxed fit ones.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Don't forget that women's waists are at or above the navel, thus when pants are worn there, the length will be more to your liking. I buy longer slacks or jeans because the hint of a high heel peeking out from under the slacks looks nice, and if you observe many GG's, that is the style.

I think they are made longer to take into account that they may wear heals with them. I know that my wife complains all the time that she can't find the longer inseams because they are always sold out, she is 6 ft, because women who are average height or short even are buying tall to accommodate the heal.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Its not that the pants are too long - your legs are too short! Just get them hemmed.

Allie GG is right - relative to height women have more inseam. I'm 6'2" and wear 34/35 inseams.
    The other secret to getting them to fit properly is get yourself some hips, you know, those things women don't want and we don't have. The hips draw the pants up on women and not us. I wear womens pants/jeans primarily because they just feel better, particularly the stretch type jeans. Remember, unless they are hipsters, pull them up to where they should be worn on a woman and be sure to add a belt that matches the shoes/purse/accessories.

The key here is to know your inseam and take a cloth tape measure with you when you shop so you can buy the right length.
    It varies quite a lot from brand to brand and even style to style within the same brand. I am 5'12" and wear a 33" inseam I can get away with 34" if I'm wearing heels.

I'm not against slacks or jeans either and actually have 5 pair of jeans and 6 pair of slacks. I don't find them unfeminine at all and actually can be quite sexy with the right blouse and shoes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me it's just a bit more complex. I'm 5'10" as well but since my waist is not yet 10" less than my hip measurment, I can't buy "regular" pants. But, I buy low-rise size 8 pants (37.5 inch hip measurement) with a 33" or 34" inseam, and everything fits terrifically in either gender!

tina

I think that the women's pants are longer to accommodate the wearing of high heels.
    There we go, we have a winner.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Gotta love girls yoga pants ( lululemon) the way they fit and the feel is amazing

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm so small in height I always have to take my trousers up, or buy them from the petite section. Damn short legs!
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Yes, it's about both inseam length and waist length. Soem women are long-waisted, some short-waisted, some are short legged, some are long legged. Like everything else about women's clothes -- sizing is mysterious! Bottom line -- I try it on first. BTW, I prefer higher waisted slacks -- then seem to de-emphasize my shoulders.

And Karren and I will never agree -- I LOVE women's slacks (and jeans, and shorts, and skirts, and dresses, and... and...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It is pure hell sometimes getting it all to work where its supossed to work and fit...wish I could afford a tailor! LOL

I absolutely love women's pants, slacks, jeans, and every other article of women's clothing. I find that if you understand how women's sizing got started, you may find it easier to correctly judge your own size. Without padding in the hip and buttocks, unless you are already built just like a GG, you will never completely fit women's jeans or slacks properly. My advice, find a GOOD gaff (to add some empty space to the bottom of your crotch area so you can pull the pants up to the natural waist instead of the top of the hips), and invest in a few pair of GOOD hip and buttocks padded undergarments.

Women's sizes used to be measured exactly the same as men's. 34x36, 32x28 and so on...but the sizing difference came to be when women wanted to feel less self-conscious about their measurement numbers. Petite, Average, Tall, and Long were used in place of the second number, but thrown into non-standard ranges. The waist measurement was changed to the distance in inches between one side of the waist and the other when the pants are laying flat. This is why a male who wears a 38 waist in jeans usually wears a 16 or 18 waist in women's. The best thing you can do to get the proper fit is to buy the slacks or jeans with the slimming panels inside to get that extra hug in certain places, and find a good seamstress or alterations shop to hem them up those extra few inches.

A cheaper alternative that can be used on every pair of jeans, slacks, pants, and other legged garments is the "As seen on TV" style snaps. These things attach to the inside of the leg of any pants and allows you to customize the amount of hem from one pair to another. You can also let the hem out for higher heels and take them in more for flats.

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Women pants for real women - I go with skirts and tights ^^.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    9 reg in Jrs fits perfectly or 8 Misses short.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieGG View Post
    Its not a matter of height - generally women have longer legs than men. I take a 34" inseam at 5'9".
    I dare you to have longer legs than me! : P just kidding, damn girl your leggy!

I am so happy woman's pants are long because I'm long!

Banned Read only
    Women have longer legs and men longer torsos. So, while my wife and I are the same height, her legs are much longer than mine, probably mor Ethan 3 inches. The fix for this is to buy petite sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieGG View Post
    Its not a matter of height - generally women have longer legs than men. I take a 34" inseam at 5'9".
    Hey Allie, you and I are the same height and inseam length!

Audrey, I agree, given the same height, maybe men's torsos are generally longer and their legs are shorter than women's.
    Reine

Hmmmm, I wear the 8 longs and love the fit and length. MY thing is to find the at waist with guy pocket depth. Womens jeans are popular with a low rise waist and the pocket depth is only 1/4 of guy jeans. Rider used to have pockets, but not now! The stretch fabric of womens jeans is great and feels smooth. I have way too many pair.

I must be an exception to the rule, I'm 5' 8" with a 29 inseam, a woman's size 8-10 petite fits me fine with flats or heels. Also I'll never buy anything I can't try on first because I know how womens sizes and styles can vary between manufacturers.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Silver Member
    I like the fit of women's pants, in my case because I have the hips (and, unfortunately the thighs) so they look correct. My waist could be smaller and higher, but you work with what you have! A bit of extra inseam looks good with a lowish heel to add an impression of longer leg length - at 5'10" I'm never going for high heels.

Lea

THats what great about skirts, no inseam to worry about

Christi Sparks
    I noticed the same and simply wear little higher heels :-)

I've seen some gadgets at Walmart that will allow you to affix first one side of your pants and then below that affix another thingy below that and then fold the cuff up to where you want it. They're reusable and works both on skirts and pants.I don't use them myself and I've also seen them advertized on TV.

I'm 5'10" and weigh in at a 160. I wear 32x34 Levi in drab. I love my Gap and JCP stretch jeans in 8-long. Women's pants run in Petite (short28-30"), regular (30-33") Long (34-35") XLong and Tall are usually 36+ inch inseams. I wear Gap Perfect trouser in 6-long and the hem falls around 1/2 of my 4" heels with no platform. I love the look of just a little toe box showing and 1/2 the heel. I think it is sexy! Besides, it makes my size 10 or 11 look smaller I like being able to throw a nice pair of stretch jeans or slacks on and not have to get all dolled up. Stretch jeans and slacks feel wonderful while wearing silky panties or thongs. Either way, I suggest trying them on before buying them. That will save you time and money.

Usually the deal I get on womens pants is, 'buy one, get the second pair for half off!' So I do. Don't you just hate the length of them though!!!! he he he Actually they always seem to fit me perfectly lengthwise, but I always wear heels also.