Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comment: My Husband/Boyfriend is "All Man".

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    First, I hear "all man" and I think of one of the mouth-breathing cavemen like some of the husbands on Housewives of New Jersey. Now THAT is something to aspire to!
    Easy there. I'm a NJ resident, though I know what you mean.
    I'm still perplexed at this current fashion trend among men to get shaped eyebrows, which I seem to see a lot around here these days.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I love people who say "wouldn't permit" their SO to do something. I wonder what the so is doing which isn't "permitted"?
    I try to avoid narrow minded controlling people; life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    I defend the CD in question and if they keep talking about it I tell them I'm CD. Then the education begins.
    I agree...and my wife or I usually have the phone ringing off the hook for days wanting sex advice! Lol

a restaurant i used to frequent had a regular social circle and most of the women there were like that, and their men made sure that everyone knew that the were 'the **** of the north' (old English phrase essentially meaning the studly male).

yet when it came round to special events, those guys would be the first to dress up in drag and their ladies were so proud of their strutting, comical peacocks. me and my ex would often talk about me dressing up for one of these events, but we knew (from subtle questioning) that my presence en femme would have somehow made it seedy and destroyed their fun. nasty bunch of hypocrites, they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara View Post
    .... some women eventually say it is okay for anybody to do whatever they want, however they would never permit their man crossdressing, some even say they would divorce him, out him to family and friends, etc.
    I have never heard such a comment but my first question to such a "lady" would be to ask if she has any of her husbands shirts, sweatshirts/pants, etc., in her closet or has she worn such recently. If the answer to this question was YES, I'd then accuse her of being a crossdresser. I would then ask why if it's okay for her to crossdress it isn't okay for her husband (or the man in question) to do so. Make her feel guilty and slightly ashamed for her behaviour and accusations.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

I think I remember once in the words of Tyler Perry. It takes a man to walk up in here and where a dress and pull it off. LOL Sorry, when I read these posts, that's just all I could think of.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    A woman I knew a long time ago told me that "her man" was a "Man's Man" and would never show compassion, or cry at movies or at other situations in life where other people would show actual feelings. I knew at the time that this "Man" regularly beat the crap out of her on an almost daily basis....but here she was being proud of this neanderthal. It always baffles me how so many women are attracted to these kinds of meathead types.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileS12 View Post
    I think I remember once in the words of Tyler Perry. It takes a man to walk up in here and wear a dress and pull it off.
    It's ok that he would wear the dress, but I'd draw the line at him "pulling it off" - that would just be wrong!
    Last edited by Piora; 10-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Anyway, how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress?
    I take it their understanding of the crossdressing is limited, just like most people out there (including the CDers themselves, before they find sites such as this one). People do become influenced by media stereotypes. I was talking to someone the other day and asked if she or her husband would think the CDing was such an issue if they had grown up in a neighborhood where half the men were crossdressers, and it was considered the norm. The answer was no.

So, when I hear people say they think it's weird, I know in my heart that if their husbands ever came out to them, and the wives took the time to read, learn, and talk to others, they'd eventually develop a more realistic attitude about it all.
    Reine

the happy camper
    Every once in a while I will be with somebody from work, social groups, etc., and meals out at a restaurant happen, and whenever a MTF CD is seen, the women seem to invariably make a comment that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would NEVER be caught dead wearing women's clothing. I have a habit of playing devil's advocate and point out that the guy in drag is "All Man", he was born a male, and regardless of what he is wearing, underneath that lovely dress, beautiful wig, and behind that impeccable make-up, he is still "All Man".

The conversation takes a variety of lanes throughout whatever time it takes place, some women eventually say it is okay for anybody to do whatever they want, however they would never permit their man crossdressing, some even say they would divorce him, out him to family and friends, etc.

Depending on the situation and the people involved, I may keep up the defense of CD'ing, or just let it drop.

There have also been times when I've been asked if I wear women's clothing, (presumably based on my defense of CD'ers), and depending on the people, I either say "NO" or I would say "...well, this one time at band camp..." (LOL... inside joke). Only until the past two or three years have I shared my CD life with a handful of friends, all female. All of them, except one, accepts that I have a side that likes soft, sexy things.

Sorry... got distracted for a moment. LOL

Anyway, how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress?

Ever have a similar conversation to what I discusses, supra?
    Only a man would find it exciting to go out dressed like a woman. :/

I have never been involved in a discussion about "real men" or even overheard one. Maybe, my hearing is going. But that's another story. I just wonder if my wife were ever involved in such a discussion prior to my outing myself to her nearly a dozen years ago. When I told her she said she never had a clue. I guess, therefore, that I am a "real man" or "man's man."
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Only an insecure woman concerned about her image in the eyes of other women would need to treat the man as an object for her glorification. These mindless superficial types are only so much cow dung and should be treated as such. In my humble opinion of course.
    So because my perception of what makes a "man a man" is somewhat different than yours that makes me some kind of insecure bitch? I think it's funny when people trot out "sterotypical" male behavior and seeminly apply it to ALL men. I am sure that there are no cross dressers who when not in gilrly mode never act in what some believe to be stereotypical of men. You are men too after all. Personally i don't have a problem with your wearing panties and bras and breast forms, discussing your make believe breasts, getting professional fitting for same, shaving off your body hair, getting your brows shaped, doing your make up, tucking your junk, learning to walk,talk, sit and pee like a girl. I don't have a problem with your sexual fantasies about being treated as a woman when dressed and being 110 percent heterosexual when you're in drab. I don't have a problem with your being a male "lesbian", or which restroom you frequent. What I do have a problem with is the fact that a lot of you feel that just becasue a woman doesn't fully embrace or maybe not even like your cross dressing even one little bit... she is to blame. She is the one who is remiss. When you keep it a secret and get caught... she's the one with the problem.. not you. She's uneducated, homo or trans phobic. While i don't have an issue with what you do, it's not something that I find even remotely appealing in any way shape or form ewwwwww! in a relationship. It in no way jibes with my own perception of how a man acts.
    I have voiced this ( my opinion) more than a few times on these boards, and people have asked me... How can you feel that way? You're a transsexual, how can you be prejudice about your fellow transgendered peers? How can I be called prejudice if I support your right to do what you do? It's just not something that I find appealing in a husband or SO. As a transsexual I know all about rejection .. I have been rejected by a lot of men, and I have come to understand that people have different opinions, likes, dislikes and perceptions. Just because they don't agree with my own personal views.. it doesn't make them heartless, uncaring, insecure people, it just makes them human. The world doesn't revolve around your cross dressing, or my trans sexuality. I find it ironic that people talk shit about people who talk shit about them. Your intolerance of them mimics their intolerance of you. I also find it a bit ironic that people who say that they are comfortable with their masculinity seem to feel the need to staunchly defend it should it be questioned.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Only an insecure woman concerned about her image in the eyes of other women would need to treat the man as an object for her glorification. These mindless superficial types are only so much cow dung and should be treated as such. In my humble opinion of course.
    WOW! Talk about the double standard here.

I find it funny, no more sad really, you think women who do what you describe above are nothing more then mindless superficial bitches

But when a MAN does the EXACT same thing it is called having a Trophy Wife and he gets nothing but praise for it.

Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Lets describe a man that's all man.

Probably a guy who likes Hunting, Shooting & fishing, drives a big fast car, has a wife and 2.1 kids and likes to put on woman's clothes at every possible opportunity but keeps it a secret from his wife and family so she can say "my husbands all man and would never do anything like that".

xxx Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    So because my perception of what makes a "man a man" is somewhat different than yours that makes me some kind of insecure bitch?
    Kelly,

IMO, I don't think that is what Kelly Jameson was saying. Nothing to do with trans at all. There are women and men whose self-image is completely wrapped around who they are dating or married to. This is the definition of insecurity. I know both types. One only has to look at the packs of losers, male and female, on these "Real Housewives" shows for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    But when a MAN does the EXACT same thing it is called having a Trophy Wife and he gets nothing but praise for it.
    Exactly(!) and equally as wrong.

In a healthy relationship both people stand on their own two feet and support each other. (I'm not a therapist but I play one on TV. . .)

I agree with what I think is Who Cares. What is all man to be honest, anymore than what is all woman. You are who you are, you become what your feel, and you do what you do either because you have to, or you really want to. So my vibe on this all man thing is just silly. I remember when I was working someone told my friend he was gay, he said, yes and I'm more woman than you'll ever be, and I'm more man than you'll ever get. We are just people. In several posts people get mad at labels, and I think labels are what cause arguments. All Man is just a label, just like Alpha male, TG/TS/MTF/FTM etc, etc, etc. My wife see's the Cardinal catcher on the field Molina, and goes crazy, etc. etc. etc. it doesn't make me mad at all. I just smile at her, because she's still sitting next to me, knowing I am like I am. Some people believe living a CD life without telling your partner is a lie. It's like in a 100 years is it going to make a difference? In two years, two months, or even 2 days, is it going to make a difference. Probably not, and if it does, you didn't have a relationship anyway! Honestly! It must have all been fake, or a need to fill a need.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Quote Originally Posted by SmileS12 View Post
    What is all man to be honest, anymore than what is all woman.
    This is true. There is such a wide variety among personality types and it's impossible to account for every difference in just one short description. So when people hear "all man" or "all woman" they mentally assign their own image and unless they have a specific person in mind, they'll simply adhere to stereotypes and generalities. But if you should ask each woman in a room to describe what are the "manly" qualities about her partner that she loves, you'd see quite a variance in all the descriptions. For example, there'd be some women who feel that a manly man has such a strong sense of himself, that he would not be apologetic about being nurturing.

I agree though, most women would not assign wearing dresses to manly qualities. But, as a SO of a CDer, I can easily see my partner's manly qualities even though he does wear dresses, just as I can see her womanly qualities. (Well, actually I tend to see them all as human qualities, just as I do my own). But this is because I've taken the time to learn about this in greater depth than I would have, had he not been a CDer, and because of this I've been able to move beyond the stereotypical image of what "all man" or "all woman" means.

So, it's a question of taking the time to think about this in greater depth.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Well, actually I tend to see them all as human qualities, just as I do my own.
    Yup. Isn't that what we should all be moving towards?

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    I think that overall, the members of trans-communities do have a broader definition than do people who've never been exposed to gender variance. As with anything, it just takes exposure to something new before people can learn about it.
    Reine

Originally Posted by Debglam
    I think that overall, the members of trans-communities do have a broader definition than do people who've never been exposed to gender variance. As with anything, it just takes exposure to something new before people can learn about it.

Just as you said here, but for many people that haven't aren't interested due to the fact that they are afraid how it might turn out, or that they might feel that it would incriminate them. I know it took me a long time to get where I am, and I feel I have a long way to go, but may never get to where I want to be due to being held back by my own SO. If people would just stop worrying about what their friend thought, they might find their real friends. Well that's a story for another forum.
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    .. how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress?
    I feel sorry for the dude as he is shutting out a life experience that he might even find enjoyable or at the very least, perhaps educational.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit
    ... Anyway, how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress? ...
    I have mixed feelings about this. I would rather hear from the person in question than hear it second hand. It borders on gossip... and misinformation. Most of the time my response is to change the subject or politely leave.

But this subject is close to my heart. I might engage the other person hoping to share my insights and experiences using myself as the subject material. When a person sees me in a skirt and other feminine attire it tends to be the catalysis for conversation.

Being a GM, genetic male, I do have some feelings on this subject. But I agree with Eryn who wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    My response would be that it takes one heck of a confident man to wear a dress.
    But instead of talking about her husband/boyfriend... or wife/girlfriend... turn the issue to him or her. What would she wear or not? Or... What would he wear or not? Why?
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve