Thread: The Fall, My Porch, and a Classic French Pedicure

The Fall, My Porch, and a Classic French Pedicure

With the changing of the seasons, I love the myriad of brilliant colors and the crispness of the air brought on by the fall. As we progress deeper into the season, the changing colors of the trees have become more vivid, bright, and pronounced, with just the hint of a small, yet welcome, bite to the fall air. Beauty and a profusion of lively colors abound. It is indeed a wonderful time to slow down, take a seat, and just take in the moment.

Having just returned from a pedicure, the world was already a joyful place! No matter the circumstances, a nice, long, wonderful pedicure always brightens my day! Like the color of the leaves changing in the fall, my salon offers an endless variety of beautiful colors, all waiting to be sampled and appreciated.

Today, however, has been a strikingly grand fall day. Upon my return from the salon, instead of hurrying on to the next task, I decided to take a few moments, relax, sit down on my porch, and take it all in. The magnificent colors, the crisp autumn breeze, and the smells of nature were intoxicating. Simply sitting on my porch, and gazing around, I could not help but experience a strong sense of serenity, peace, and tranquility. Of course, given the heightened sense of well-being imparted through such a majestic day, the satisfaction and joy derived from the simple admiration of my newly painted, feminized toes was exquisite in and of itself, and brought a huge smile to my face. Within that moment, all was right and well within the world!

For my pedicure, I choose to back away (temporarily) from the brilliant, bold, patterned, colorful pedicures I have received the past couple of months. Today, I went with a classic French polish pedicure.

Here's some pictures I took:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (75.8 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (68.7 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (95.4 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (97.3 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (86.3 KB, 13 views)
    Last edited by Anne2345; 11-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Hi Anne,

Cute toes!!! Admit it though, those are file photos of the scenery?

After a wind storm followed by just enough rain to make a mess, my yard looks like hell!

Glad you are having a nice day!
    Debby

Nice paint job! I also like the Fall pics. We do not get much color out here as the leaves turn. Some years are better than others.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Beautiful pics Anne! Good looking toes too!

Hugs
    Trisha

Wow! Those last three pictures don't even look like toes!

I've never had a pedi. Maybe some day.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Such a lovely topic =)

And great pics! I love your storytelling.

You are absolutely right Anne, a pedi can be very relaxing. Well, except when you are running late to meet someone (like Erica at the beach). Then it becomes an exercise in patience, like "Hurry up, but please do a good job...and does this stuff dry any faster? Oh heck, I just have to go. I hope I don't totally ruin the polish". So yes, it's best to do so when you have time to smell the flowers, or take in the colors, sounds and scents of the fall season. There's something to love about every month of the year but still, there's something extra special about fall.

That said, feetie-critique time!!!

Alright, to start with, you have yourself some pretty feminine feet. As a positive trait, that's not a bad one to have. But the French pedi? IMHO, very few women can pull it off well. This just isn't a personal sentiment, I've read it elsewhere on message board sites dominated by natal females. One quote I read resonates to this day, "it makes the toes look like fingers, ewwww!!!" It just has never been my cup o' tea but when it's right, I have to admit it's a total head-turner.

So whatever percentage of natal females that can pull off this look well, take a fraction of that and that's how many in our world can do so. My feet are pretty darned cute and I wouldn't even try. Guess what? You are one of those who clearly can pull it off. Lucky girl, you are !!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Wow! Your toes look so cute I've never had a pedi but after looking at your pics I think that I have to

it's all beautiful, yes we have a gift being able to trans-cend genders and see the world for all it's beauty

Once again Anne you paint a beautiful picture!
    Now I know where the word 'whistletoe' derives from!
    Beautiful toes! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Mmmm..Anne..I've said it before..Lovely feet...smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Anne,
    Just beautiful and I say again Beautiful
    Heather1

the happy camper
    Gorgeous pics! You are quite the photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Wow! Those last three pictures don't even look like toes!
    It is amazing what one can do with nail polish these days. I mean, it is so convincing that you cannot even distinguish OPI's new line of nature polishes from real nature! And if my new nature polish toes had you fooled, then nobody will figure out the difference . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    It is amazing what one can do with nail polish these days.
    Yes! I'm amazed!

[SIZE=1](Busily Googles 'Nature polish toes'.....)[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/