Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we like this so much???

I do it because I enjoy wearing femmine clothing. I can not think of a better way than geting dressed, it is such a lovely way to start a day, nice makeup, lovely clothes that feel good and a feeling of accomplishment. Is there a better way to start a day?

Okay, I know I'm probably going to take some hits on this but... what's the difference between an actor/actress and crossdressing? Aren't both very passoniate about what they are doing? Aren't both a little untrue? That is, I know I'm not a woman and I know that taking a role in a play is not really me but something about both examples brings out something creative in me. At the end of the day though I'm still just me. But the enjoyment factor of that "role" is outstanding.

I know it just fills a void in my soul and makes me happy. cant explain it anymore other than I feel more...... whole??

My SO was wondering if it is just a sexual thing, but I feel it is more than that. It makes me happy? What do you think?
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-10-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

There is a part of me that’s really feminine. Part of who I am.
    So wearing female clothes helps the women in me to feel like she should. To feel comfortable and natural.

Aspiring Member
    Some questions are best answered with a single word: because. I don't know why, just because it touches things deep down where the primal feelings live. To me, much of my life as a male is like having a job you really don't like and get little satisfaction from, but it pays the bills, in this case reducing social stress.

In fact, I once coined the term "innerface" to complement the concept of interface; sort of an internal interface between our everyday lives and deeper feelings within. Social interface pretty much forces a lot of sad compromises upon people like us. I lived full-time for nearly eight years, and there was an undercurrent of anxiety that never really left, so I decided on a different compromise; that experiment compromised interface to respect my innerface feelings.

So much of what I do is because I have to or it's expected of me, not because I feel it. In fact, I don't really consider what I do to be the traditional hetero-hobby crossdressing. I'm as femme as my instincts and experience tell me I can be at any time, because that's a lot closer to who and what I really am (even if that defies definition), whether it's around-the-house casual or dolled up to the nines.

That's why.

You'll get a lot of different answers on this one! For me, it's the hand I was dealt. It took way too long for me to accept it, but it's who I am. Tired of fighting it. I'm now embracing it.

I don't think it's so much a question of "like to" as it is "need to"... I just feel more like myself when dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Like everyone else, I can't give a definitive answer to this question. I now realize that it is something I wanted to do for a very long time without even being able to admit it to myself.

My feelings are more of the relief of not having to chafe mentally in drab as the women around me enjoy expressing themselves in ways that I cannot. It's a calm that comes with knowing that I can be immersed in being Eryn and that for a short time at least I'm freed from the responsibilities inherent in being male.
    You pretty much said it all for me Eryn.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

it seems like we all do it because it feels really good being dressed and look like a woman. I wonder why males and females were divided so much in our modern society? why pink for girls and blue for boys??? why smooth hairless for females and hairy for man?? why high heels for females and flat shoes for man?? and the list goes on... So if none of these typical stereo types were forced on us from the time we came to this earth, i wonder if we will still be having any of these discussions.

I think people make this question way too complicated…

My first urge to CD hit me when I was about 28 years old. I had gone back to college to get a couple more useless degrees while waiting out a bad slump in the economy. I had a huge garden behind my rented house. It was a hot summer day and I was out picking zucchinis in the garden instead of doing my psychology homework.

When I opened the trash can to toss in some weeds I had just picked, I discovered some clothes discarded by my SO at the time. Ten minutes later I was in the barn(garage) trying them on. (FYI, the sundress did fit, lol). I have been CDing for over 20 years now.

So, using common logic…CDing is obviously a direct result of picking zucchinis.

Think Less, Act More...Life is Short

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This question comes up on a semi-regular basis, and that makes perfect sense. At the moment, anyway, I understand my drive perfectly at one level: Six years ago we finally understood (we=my wife and I) that a part of my mind is wired in a way that would classically be defined as feminine (and that's completely a biology situation over which I have no control). In order to find out how this feminine part of me plays a role in my life, we need to know who she (Tina) is. Thus, we've allowed Tina to grow and evolve as naturally as possible, and that does mean taking on the physical outer trappings of her feminine self, as that seemed completely natural to do!

As my bi-line says, we are making a life for Tina. She has her own books, movies, projects, opinions, and roles. As time goes on it all becomes clearer and more comfortable, and we like her role. Just last weekend my wife asked when Tina was going to visit since a joint project they have is not being finished!

So, that's why. How can I ignor this large part of my being. I need to know who Tina is to understand the whole of me!

It's not a question of liking it so much as a question of why I have to do it, which frankly, I don't care to attempt to answer other than it allows me to feel normal. That's good enough for me, now, where did I put my eyeliner this time....

Thank you that hits the nail on the head of what I have been trying to put in to words.

after coming out to my so I beleive my desire for it and my embrace of who is inside is growing stronger. I feel like that girl hiding in this shell is starting to find a way to peek out. I really appreciate everyones opinion.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-16-2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Merged 2 posts. Multiposting not allowed, please use the Edit button.

I just really enjoy it, it relaxes me and I fell great enfemme
    Forever in Lace

Just 'because' and it just feels like the right thing to do.
    Keely

One of the Reds

It's FUN! There is also a sense of accomplishment when I get my make-up just right, or find that perfect skirt or blouse and IT FITS! Sigh... now I want to go shopping...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Because at my age, it seems to be the most FUN THING I can do!

Which begets the question, "Why is it so much fun?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Find something she likes doing and ask her why she likes doing it, I bet she can't give you an answer, or she will say "That's Different", no it's not!
    Sophie Mosley

i love it cause it is me.

what more is needed?

For so many years being an undesired, lonely male. Now, as a lady, I am wanted. Sadly, just for quick sex, so far, which i have refused. I can't really say why. It just is thrilling, exciting, part of me.

A lot of people say on their death bed, I wish it did this or I wish I did that when I was young, Isn't crossdressing the same, if you don't do it, you will regret not doing it on your death bed
    Sophie Mosley

My ex-wife used to ask me why I wanted to wear nail polish and skirts. I answered that question in so many ways, knowing that she wanted me to say that I didn't really want to, that all of the answers stopped making sense because they all led to arguments and WAY too much conversation. Now all I can say is that I wear what I want, when I want, without any thought as to why. I pressed for an answer, I would say, "because I like it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The reason can be different for everyone here. I was lucky (well, after decades of reading psych books, maybe luck didn't have anything to do with it) that I figured out why I enjoy dressing as a girl. But the bottom line is, does it make you happy? If so, stop worrying about the 'whys'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think Reine hit a lot of the common reasons on the head. For me, I feel I almost as if I have two personalities and that of jenny comes out so differently then my male persona. Regardless, I so enjoy my female persona, free of stress. Perhaps that is the real reason we dress, as a stress release mechanism.

No matter what the reason, I enjoy who I am and am happy.

You know as a man I dont really care what I wear or how I look half the time but I love looking through the diffrent options for women and thinking that would look nice, or maybe I should get it in a couple colors?