Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once You Transition, This is How You Should Act & What You Have to Look Forward To:

Once You Transition, This is How You Should Act & What You Have to Look Forward To:

For all of you who have transitioned, here is how you need to act:

[IMG][/IMG]

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Silver Member
    hehehehehehehehehehehehe

This article is one of the many reasons that I am very happy that life moves on, people and cultures change and personal liberties and rights are further clarified and enforced. It does make for a good humorous read though.

You mean I'm not supposed to be June Cleaver?

I wonder if I can get my job back - I'm sure he'll understand ...

I am not so sure this a laughing matter at all. When you get to completion you might find that much of what is part of this 1955 article is still part of the social structures that we live in. Just ask women born woman, and women down the road from surgery.

This is why the hard work begins after surgery. And hardly anyone ever thinks about that. Because if you don't you might end up living forever in the ghetto of gender limbo.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    I am not so sure this a laughing matter at all. When you get to completion you might find that much of what is part of this 1955 article is still part of the social structures that we live in. Just ask women born woman, and women down the road from surgery.

This is why the hard work begins after surgery. And hardly anyone ever thinks about that. Because if you don't you might end up living forever in the ghetto of gender limbo.
    I find it's good to find humor in as much as possible, including our own misfortune. I have enough sad shit in my life, I need to laugh when I can. I've only hit the tip of the iceberg and I have already seen the difference in how men treat me. I'm not oblivious to how women are still treated today.

Coda...
    Oh HELL NO...(Jimmy Fallon voice)...I'm much more like Laura Croft or Sigourney Weaver...lol

Oh good lord. A GG posted this a while back and we all had a good laugh.

Still, it's almost exactly the advice my mother gave me a few years after I was married. She had been a young housewife in the 50s. I said, "Yes, Mom", and then rolled my eyes. This was in the 70s when I was earning almost as much as my husband, which enabled us to be mortgage free before I was 30.

Edit ... OK, I've got to be honest and finish the story. After there was no mortgage, we had our kids and I stayed home. And slowly, very slowly, almost imperceptibly, over the years I became overly dependent on him financially and emotionally as I buried myself in the wife and mother identity and lost my own sense of self. This little tidbit encapsulates what I mean: I did get to the point after the divorce and the kids were gone, where I had no clue what I wanted to eat when I went to the grocery store, since I had spent my life cooking for them and their tastes. I was devastated when I found myself alone.

A loss of identity is rather common for stay-at-home women. But I didn't bring the ex slippers and drinks when he came home from work. He helped with the kids, the dinners, and cleaning up afterwards.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-31-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    For all of you who have transitioned, here is how you need to act:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Even though I have not transitioned, with my being unemployed and my wife working, that article hits a bit too close to home! My wife expects me to have a meal prepared when she comes home.

Last statement as it applies to me: A good boywife always knows his place.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Bear in mind that this was over 50 years ago and that many if not most of the women reading this were housewives. It was their job to do the cooking, and cleaning. Catering to the husband was a good thing too. Being subservient though and not interacting as an equal was a big weakness in the culture of the time. In the late 50's there were already the beginnings of change by many of the women who had worked during the wars and didn't want to go back to depending on men for their money and careers.

It is amusing to watch some of the infomercials (read propaganda) of the times showing the housewives beaming as they cleaned while in their high heels and house dresses. While things were different then, they weren't that different! LOL
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    I find it's good to find humor in as much as possible, including our own misfortune. I have enough sad shit in my life, I need to laugh when I can.
    Amen sister, amen!

IMHO, if you can maintain your sense of humor you are way ahead of the curve!

Debby

Be free - overcome fear!
    I find it's good to find humor in as much as possible, including our own misfortune.
    Ok then, quit nagging about it, just know your place and just be a good housewife, it
    is quite serious business you know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Wife%27s_Guide

"Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

I remember my grandmother being like that, the backbone of the family.
    Pause...... awaiting the feminists. Yooo Hooo, calling the feminists?

wow that is some seriously f#$%@$ up shit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I agree with April. Thats really messed up , too real; I was a kid in the 50s and yes it really was messed up. Some things haven't changed all that much, too bad.

Be free - overcome fear!
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    i take it bree is just a hint sassier than that...lol

Hi,

I can in some ways laugh at this tho in the real world it did not happen from 1947 on for us, pure hell would be more like it, two husbands down two of us kids 1 / 2 kids at that & 19 years difference. & add another one as well 22 years older,

My Mum had to work with out a husband , home life was sure not like that, for one of my brothers, the other iv no idear or ever will. & to be very honist im glad i never had a father, to me its a propargander dream that never worked,

That clip is about the man & the woman pandering to his wonts & ....needs...yeap no wonder we stand on our own feet to day. we can have a life purpose & not be a slave or be walked over , tho many men dont accept that, the same victorin attatude,
    we as woman are nothing more than chattels or things to be used, at a will.

Im not a feminist yet i dont subscribe to that, marrage is a two way give & take not a one way take all.

This is how you should act, after transition .......not on your life.......he he ........,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    Seriously, it's disturbingly awful.

The year I was born....figures! That guide is TOOOO funny , but scary as well

I posted the article to add some humor in our lives but I know that was both of my grandmother's and my mom's reality.

Even today most men expect some version of this submission. After all, what was one of James Brown's most popular songs which he also sung with Luciano Pavarotti...."It's A Man's World!"

Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 11-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Pavarotti & James Brown, two great talents!

We all know what James Brown is singing, but if anyone's interested here's a translation of the Pavarotti lyrics:

L’uomo rincorre il potere ma

Lui non sa

Che il grande limiti ad essere come si parrÃ* 

Nel palmo stringe un’idea che non vive

Che nella sua fantasia

Volle…

Se non si accorge che poi

Nulla ha più senso te 

Si vive solo per sè

Translation:
    Man runs after power but

He doesn’t know

The great limitations he places upon himself

In his fist (selfishly) he holds onto an idea

An idea that is alive

Only in his fantasy;

(still) he runs…

And he doesn’t see that

All this makes no sense

If he lives only for himself
    Reine

Women have come so far since 1955. How far have men really come?

I think most men have gotten a lot better.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Women have come so far since 1955. How far have men really come?
    I guess we now know our place. Not all of us are content to stay in that place so we crossdress.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]