Thread: Looking for Friends in Chicago

Red face Looking for Friends in Chicago

Hello Ladies,
    My Name is Catherine and I'm looking for buddies in the Chicago area. I'm still new to this although I have been working with a therapist for years, but now it is time to strut my heels. I'm looking to learn the ropes, learn makeup, fashion and etiquette. I am also looking for a safe place to dress and begin public appearances. I realize that there are groups that I can join, but given my work schedule, it is hard to mak the meetings. Well I hope to hear from you all soon. Drop me a line and let me know.
    CATHY

lets go shopping
    hi I agree I think having buddies that cd to talk and hang out with is good suport. i talk with my wife but sometimes you just want to have a friend of same sex to talk with. my wife has her friends that are close to her and im sure she talks to them about stuff. so glad your here hope you make lots of friends

Thank you so much for your support. I just hope that there are more who agree with you and are willing to spend time with me. Thank you again.
    CATHY

I think it would be good to have a cding friend, someone to hang out with and support eachother.

I agree - it would be nice having a friend going through the same things you are
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

Hi Cathy! Have you ever heard of Rori's, in Arlington Heights? It's a great little shop, where you can get a makeover, and change into your best outfit! They have a T-Party, the 3rd Tuesday of every month, at a restaurant near the shop. It's a fantastic way to get started! Check out the site, transformationsbyrori.com and you will find a ton of info! Good luck!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I used to live in Chicago (Rogers Park).

There's Skyscraper Heels on W. Belmont between Western & Damen, which is a CD-friendly shop (the owner himself is a DQ).
    The Payless on N. Broadway shares a lot with a dry-cleaners service and a Walgreens. I shopped there often with no issues.
    The entire Edgewater district, as well as N. Halsted between Addison & Fullerton (maybe a bit more south) also has plenty of places to hang out. In particular check out Beatnix (another CD-friendly store).

I'm sure there are other options for stuff to do. Chicago is huge. If not where I am, it's a place I'd definitely like to be.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde