Thread: Anger and depression

Anger and depression

I think I finally know why I was so angry and depressed through high school. I was not sure who I was and not happy with what I was. Man high school was tough enough without this in my mind also. it is amazing I never climbed a clock tower!

Silver Member
    I can empathize fully! I missed two full years of H.S., made up some credits to satisfy the legal minimum, and ultimately graduated at the bottom of my class. I can't say gender issues were the only driver - there were WAY too many issues going on in those years! I don't think I'll ever sort it all out.

Lea
    Last edited by LeaP; 11-07-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Clarity

I understand your feelings completely! At that age too many kids think they know it all and never take the time to learn anything! One of the most important things a person needs to learn is about themself and who they are! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

i just wrote a long post about this very subject in mental and physical well being. i am going to try to re post it here. you might get some insight.
    man, i feel like a woman

It is incredible, isn't it. You struggle through life with certain issues mainly because you never had any experience with them or no help understanding and decades later you finally get it.
    Chickie

YA I totally recognize that thought. The last thing I read that actually made sense to all this is:
    The Gender Variant Phenomenon--A Developmental Review

By Anne Vitale Ph.D.

NOTE: This is taken, in part, from a paper I wrote in 2001 entitled Implications of Being Gender Dysphoric: A Developmental Review. It was peer reviewed and published in Gender and Psychoanalysis, An Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol. 6 No. 2, Spring 2001, pp 121-141. I have updated it and post it here to make it available over the internet.

Brilliant work here's the LINK

Depression is just anger without enthusiasm.

Hey, I think it is a miracle that any kid lives past high school.

It's always something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    YA I totally recognize that thought. The last thing I read that actually made sense to all this is:
    The Gender Variant Phenomenon--A Developmental Review

By Anne Vitale Ph.D.

LINK
    What an excellent reference and article - thank you. While weighted a bit too much toward the TS, still, it describes me to a "T", almost to my dismay.

Lea