Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SO is special

Aspiring Member

My SO is special

After reading numerous posts about others and their SOs, how their relationships have either flourished or faltered after the revelation of their crossdressing, I have came to the conclusion yesterday that I am one real lucky person. My wife had accepted me for who I am, she holds no grudge for not knowing my secret for our first 18 years together, she fully understands why I felt that I had to keep it a secret.

Realizing that she is one special person, I felt I needed to let her know just what she means to me.......

So, yesterday on the way home, I picked up a dozen red long stem roses and a card. For once I actually wrote something in the card, not just "Love R", to let her know exactly what she meant to me. Needless to say, she was really touched by my out ot the blue gift.

Those of us who have one of those special SOs, we need to remember that our SOs have extra baggage to carry compared to others. We need to say thank you every once in a while, let them know they are special and mean the world to us.

I am not so far yet but buying some flowers for her is a good idea. I should do too.
    I am more of a CROSSDREAMER than anything else.

Amen to that! A Ilove you can carry a lot of weight, but those little extras are priceless! Thanks for the reminder of somthing so important! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Silver Member
    Everyday tell her you love her. Say it when you wake up and say it when you go to sleep at night.

For those of us that have accepting SO's, we not only need to tell them that we love them, but we need to tell them and show them how sincerely appreciated they are for loving us enough to accept this part of who we are. By their accepting us, supporting us in something they may not have signed up.
    I am among those that has a very supportive SO. I am constantly letting her know how happy she makes me. But more important, I do my best to show her how much I appreciater her. love every day. Cards and flowers for no special occassionare great ways to do it.
    Bravo to the OP!

Renee. what a great idea. I am headed to the florest today!

Platinum Member
    Great point Renee. I try to remain mindful of the remarkable gift of understanding and support that my SO gives me every day.

That's so sweet.

Sometimes the spur of the moment gifts, that are given with no prompting and with deep meaning are the best gifts of all. I bet she was very happy!
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

I'm so happy for you. Everyone should take the time to count their blessings.

Awwwwww, how sweet! Of course, you are absolutely correct - your wife is special. But so are you! It is really nice, however, to be reminded of this occasionally! Very well done, and great post!

Very sweet of u. But also remember those with SOs who may not be fully accepting yet trying so very hard for their husband whom they love so much. They battle within themselves every Dayton overcome what they found out They are just as amazing as those who are 100% supportive because even though they are hurting and trying to be educated. They are still around.
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Aspiring Member
    Renee, you are so right. Makes a regular day a special day. I will keep your suggestion in mind for when the time is right.

Kitty

I'd just like to mention that I frequently buy flowers for my wife even though she's not accepting. There are plenty of reasons to get gifts for the one you love that have nothing to do with crossdressing

You got to hold her squeeze her never leave her....

I didn't do that enough. I don't know what is enough. Flowers are nice, Candy is good but just showing her how much you love her, everyday, like it is the last, goes a lot further. (that and I cooked dinner alot )
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nothing like the emotional rollercoaster that I stay afloat on, I do so much at the price of my not being able to dress, when I want to dress, sometimes I forget I guess. But I never forget to tell her I Love her about a zillion times a day. Maybe a plant would be nice to help her understand how important things are to me that she cares, considering she doesn't like flowers too much. So essentially I came here to say;
    Aww! what a sweet gesture, and hope you two continuing to have fun, and enjoy each other many many years to come.

Toodles,
    Eve
    Trudy Evonne Monroe

I can promise you this: beauty - comes from the inside not the exterior surface. Beauty is not something you put-on...it's something you bring out. Many sisters get so caught up in trying to improve their appearance that they fail to enjoy the pleasure of becoming beautiful. ¨Renee Reyes¨

Lovely sentiments all around, and very sound advice when it comes to nurturing a loving relationship.

Of course, the downside to all this is if one is not in the habit of giving one's wife or SO gifts or flowers for no apparent reason except as a random act of kindness, she may just look at you suspiciously and ask "That's nice, but now I'm worried. What do you feel guilty about, or what have you been trying to hide?" For those of us in a DADT relationship - usually not of our choosing - that level of skepticism often doesn't lie too deeply beneath the surface.

Platinum Member
    Leslie, I have never encountered a downside to a random act of kindness.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    While I am not out to my wife, I will share this thought; Flowers are always a great gift! I found that if I went to the florist it would cost me over forty dollars for nice bouquet of flowers which I could only afford to do once very couple of months. Then I found Trader Joe's and they have the nicest flowers for about 10 dollars, now I can give flowers more often without breaking the bank and I am sure i am building some good karma with the wife. Happy wife , Happy life!

How lovely, and lucky you are, Renee... a very nice thing to do for her......
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Renee, that was a very nice thing to do for your SO!! A random act of kindness is rarely ever taken the wrong way!! Just remember that those kind of acts need to repeated often, along with always letting her know that you are still the MAN in her life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    While I am not out to my wife, I will share this thought; Flowers are always a great gift! I found that if I went to the florist it would cost me over forty dollars for nice bouquet of flowers which I could only afford to do once very couple of months. Then I found Trader Joe's and they have the nicest flowers for about 10 dollars, now I can give flowers more often without breaking the bank and I am sure i am building some good karma with the wife. Happy wife , Happy life!
    They are a great gift. And to me at least its never been the price that matters to me. Heck my favorite flowers are daisys and they arnt as expensive as roses. Even if he brought home a flower he picked himself to me that would be just as special if not more then a big bouquet of roses. Its the little things that make me love him even more. Not the expensive things.. (although yes they are nice too lmao) And yes Paulette Happy wife = happy life.. lmao ive been telling my husband that for ages =P
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Flowers can be so much of a cop out. Pay attention to what she REALLY wants ! For my wife, power tools gain me the big points.

Quote Originally Posted by ChacTzul View Post
    ... Pay attention to what she REALLY wants ! For my wife, power tools gain me the big points.
    Ha! If I gave my wife a power tool she would think I really got it for myself. But paying attention to your SO is most important.

Renee, you are so right... keep it up. Your SO is your best friend too. Remind her everyday how special she to you, not just by giving her gifts but how you interact with her, doing things for her, and just talking to her. Make it a habit. And every once in a while just stop, hold her lovingly, stare into her eyes and tell her something special, even a simple "I love you so". They still need to hear it.

- D

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    First thing out of my wife mouth if I brought flower home for no special reason, would be what did you buy this time!!! She knows me too well, nothing for nothing.. But she knows I love her, both of us!!!

Tanya

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    My wife had accepted me for who I am, she holds no grudge for not knowing my secret for our first 18 years together, she fully understands why I felt that I had to keep it a secret.
    You are married to a rare, wonderful and special woman ..... but then you already knew that!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!