Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long did you visit before joining

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Oh, I waited all right - for an entire seventeen seconds!

Once I looked around, I realized that I was home.

Kathi

I viewed the site for about a year before I joined. I too am quite shy and didn't want to intrude - how silly.
    Joining also meant, to me, formally admitting I am a crossdresser - strange though that sounds!
    I sat at my computer, wearing a skirt, decided I am a crossdresser (doh!) and decided to join the forum
    I am glad I did, as I feel less alone in my feelings as there are others like myself on the forum.

Nicola

I lurked for at least a year because I couldn't get the courage to sign up. Glad I finally did!

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    Not long at all, about 30 minutes. I have wanted to find a place for unbiased advice and support for a long time.

Nicola, I think we followed the same path to join. It was at least a year for me also, maybe more. I tend to be shy as well. And yes to the formally admitting to oneself, as though joining is like crossing yet another bridge on our journey.

I came across this site when I was surfing the web, It took me about half an hour to make up my mind. After I sent my introduction post I sat back and read the replies with tears in my eyes, I feel as though I am amongst friends at last and people who understand me and accept me for what I am.

xxx Jenny

not long at all, hit the DOT com and I knew I needed to be here that instant.

I didn't hesitate to sign up after I see the activity on here, and this forum is the actual reason why I make a separate Gmail account, I don't want these stuff to show up on my primary email, no one around me knows I have such behavior and habit.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I lurked for about a year, during which time, I was still in the "you are not a crossdresser phase, and if you join this site you failed, your family and friends will disown you, and you lost your life long battle with your fem side." Luckily those issues are long gone.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I joined within 2 days of finding the forums

Hi,
    I signed up as soon as I found the site. I was nervous about privacy but, I needed to be with others to share so I took the plunge. No regrets.
    Connie

I'm pretty sure I jumped right in.....can't really remember for sure since it was over 4 years ago. Now, where are my keys?? Oh, and welcome to the forum Grace!

I was straight here... what I read was like I had just found where I needed to be... never regretted it or looked back! Met loads of fabulous people, learned loads, and am a whole lot better person as a result!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I visited the site for a couple of years before finally recently joining and I am so glad I did. By reading the comments and stories and viewing the beautiful pictures it has opened a whole new world for me. I recently posted a story that has been a tremendous emotional release and I don't know where else I could have express myself besides here. Support has been great. Thank you.

I read a couple of threads and i have never joined anything as a male, and for some reason i felt comfortable here. This site has changed me and was the time i spoke as Maria.

Without a doubt after the first time I read some of the threads. I felt at home immediately and still do.

I forgot to say God Bless whoever came up with this Forum. To me you are a hero of the first degree.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I joined right away.

A few months; I realized there was too much of a 'feel good' attitude here, and a lack of reality focused discussion. I still get censored from time to time, but occasionally the concepts get discussed as they should. I completely understand the need to feel free to express our feminine feelings and desires; but I think it's important, at least for some, to discover where all the feminine desires come from. Ignoring that is a great disservice to us. Ignorance may be bliss, but not understanding why we feel the way we do usually causes great discomfort.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I visited the site quite a bit before joining up. So scared. Don't know why though, I guess just afraid of being found out which might not be so bad in the long run. Also, I don't feel I communicate my feelings very well in writing. So enjoy the sight though and hope to get pictures up.

it took me about 2 days before i joined, i created a new email account just for this site cause a couple of people know my other email passwords so it took me a while to figure out what i could do to hid this site

I visited here for a few weeks before I finally decided this would be a good place to join. After my account was approved I lurked for a few more weeks before I finally had the confidence to start posting.
    ~~Melissa~~

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I signed up during my first visit. After living in a vacuum for so long, or constantly being on guard or being offended by what I was finding elsewhere I couldn't wait to jump in and make contact with other crossdressers.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I browsed the forums for about a year. I'm a big chicken. Once I signed up I had an anxiety attack waiting to be approved.

I'm glad I'm here now, I found a new home.

I stumbled upon this wonderful site while googling about hormones.

I ended up spending the night on here just reading threads. I felt I had to join when I realized I had jotted down about 6 pages of notes made by other posters.

It was a smart move on my part.

I visited the site for several weeks before I joined and the moment I signed up it was admitting that I am a crossdresser and gave me a liberating feeling.