Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mundane errands while en femme.

Mundane errands while en femme.

Lately, my latest kick has been doing grocery shopping or going to a shopping mall, or the car rental desk while en femme.
    The first observation, I have discovered, is no one gives a s***".
    Let that point be known.

However, I have found out something else very interesting while in the checkout lines, and with sales attendants. A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much. The exchanges from what I have observed are very generic for less than pretty girls.

I pride myself in looking better than Rosie O'Donnell, but I'm not exactly Giselle Bundchen. I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.

The upside to this is that the subtle brush-offs actually enhances passability. There are times when I get little eye contact. This is not because people are afraid to look at me , it's because the brain is wired to pay attention to something that is pretty.
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-04-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I agree. My first (and only) time at the mall a couple of weeks ago, I discovered that 90% of the people don't pay any attention to you. The other 10% glance and look away. The SA's were friendly & polite.
    ​Cindy

The SA were vere polite and friendly in Eureka Springs I enjoyed visiting with them I hjad a girlie talk with on SA that was fun we talked about wearing bras and panty hose she said my legs look very nice that made my day

I'm pretty sure there is some truth to that. Last year my haloween costume was less form fitting, I was Joan Jett and I wore leather pants and although I had a more masculine figure, I passed the whole night. This year, my corset gave me a great figure and I was told my makeup was awsome, yet I was read by almost everyone. I think when you are noticed, the microscope turns on and then you are studied and if anything is unusual then you loose your cover. When you look more average, you get the benefit of the doubt...maybe people think...she's not the most attractive and she has some male features, but if they look at you and see...she looks great, except her arms are large...hey wait a minute, she also is a bit tall and she's not that graceful....
    Chickie

Seems absolutely right on to me, Nathalie.

The pretty girls get nearly all the attention, so "average" tends to go by mostly unnoticed. Which can definitely work in our favor! (Even if it doesn't boost our self-esteem).

I find passing amazingly easy, and I constantly wonder if I could have passed as well when I was younger -- which makes me feel depressed about all those missed years -- but maybe I really pass because I'm simply now too old to attract attention?

Thing is though that you do have to be ready to be noticed, to be involved. Women will talk to each other spontaneously. You'll be wearing a new pair of shoes and another woman will say "I love your shoes!"

You have to smile, make eye contact, and respond. It happens all the time.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much.
    I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.
    This is true, and not only are people attracted to attractive female faces, they are also attracted to attractive male faces!

And do you know what makes a face, male or female, beautiful?

=> ................... *drum roll* ........................ => Its "average"-ness!

Yes, it is the average face that we all find most beautiful! When you think of it, we all have quirks in our features. Either our foreheads are too wide or too narrow, our noses are too wide or too thin, the distance between our lips & noses is too close or too far, our eyes are set apart too narrowly or too wide, our lips are too fat or too thin, our face shapes are too square, too triangular, too long, too squat, etc.

Here's a great interactive site that demonstrates this. They have 200+ pictures of college students, male and female, all different levels of attractiveness. They use computer graphic imaging such as in facial recognition software that plots all the points of a person's face and comes up with a mathematical equivalent. You can combine two or more (50 if you want) faces, either all women, all men, or a combination of both, and the software will prototype the average of your choices. In every instance, you will see that the average of your choices is more beautiful (or more perfect) than the individual faces, since the individual facial quirks have been averaged out, thus eliminated.

Give it a try, it's fascinating. Plus, you can combine male and female faces to come up with a perfect androgynous face.

http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average
    Reine

Just one. Think pretty Nat.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    From a male mode perspective, the figure attracts me first. Second a smile.

Kitty

I'd say that generally people notice...1. Pretty Face 2. Nice Shape 3. Cute Outfit
    Personally, I rank all 3 as number 1 ... LOL
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I agree to disagree! The uglyest' person can be beautiful with a smile! That's the way I see beauty!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

In general, most people notice very little about whats going on around them. To busy, to engrossed, or just to rude! An attractive person is always going to get noticed, and for men, I think that height is also a factor. Short guys seem to be dismissed,lol! In my observations, very attractive women seem to be dressed nice, all the time also. That may be part of it. Attractiveness is used throughout the animal world, and the funny thing, it's usually the male of the species, that tries to draw attention, with colors, and other attention getting devices! Hmmmm, we're just above the curve, evolution wise, aren't we?
    I try to "save" everyday chores, for when I get out. Just a lot more fun,that way! If anything though, I get noticed more for my outfit, than anything else! Not to many girls grocerie shopping in heels, and a mini!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Silver Member
    Lately, my latest kick has been doing grocery shopping or going to a shopping mall, or the car rental desk while en femme.
    The first observation, I have discovered, is no one gives a s***".
    Let that point be known.

However, I have found out something else very interesting while in the checkout lines, and with sales attendants. A couple of times there were attractive women and girls in line, and people, both female and male, take notice to them. For the lesser attractive women, not as much. The exchanges from what I have observed are very generic for less than pretty girls.

I pride myself in looking better than Rosie O'Donnell, but I'm not exactly Giselle Bundchen. I have discovered that people are attracted to pretty faces no matter who is wearing what.

The upside to this is that the subtle brush-offs actually enhances passability. There are times when I get little eye contact. This is not because people are afraid to look at me , it's because the brain is wired to pay attention to something that is pretty.
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Just wait till you go grey, hon. Then you'll be absolutely invisable.

It's true.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Just wait till you go grey, hon. Then you'll be absolutely invisable.
    To you and others, now I'm curious ... it sounds as if being invisible to the public at large (not getting positive attention) is an undesirable outcome? I always thought it was about expressing the inner self?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    To you and others, now I'm curious ... it sounds as if being invisible to the public at large (not getting positive attention) is an undesirable outcome? I always thought it was about expressing the inner self?
    Perhaps there is a difference between being noticed as a woman and being identified as a CD/TS?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Yeah Reine, it is a bit of a quandary, at least for me, lol! Not being noticed,and blending in with the crowd is preferable, I guess, but, I do enjoy a little attention also, lol!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Question

I work in a very blue collar, testosterone filled atmosphere with blue collar, horny, average guys. When out at lunch with them or on the street The first things they notice and comment on or look for in women are; Breasts, hips, and legs. Myself it would be the way they are dressed and then second legs and hips tied with eyes.
    I rarely hear any comments from these guys on faces, either very pretty or not pretty if attached to an average body.
    I wonder what women /GG notice first in a female or someone presenting as one?
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Perhaps there is a difference between being noticed as a woman and being identified as a CD/TS?
    Yes, I know. I did say "getting positive attention". No CD/TS wants to be stared at because they are read.

But, am I reading too much into it, or is there some wistfulness over perhaps being the type of invisible that Stephenie S speaks of, meaning not being admired for the attractive woman a CD/TS might wish to be?
    Reine

As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times, especially in high school. I don't want to blend in, I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention... How do you like me now?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times,
    apparently you weren't as big of a dork as I was then..... they noticed me. "hey 4 eyes!" "hey metal mouth!" : P

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    apparently you weren't as big of a dork as I was then..... they noticed me. "hey 4 eyes!" "hey metal mouth!" : P
    You're still a dork, but a cute one
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Wow what replys you had, Nathalie, i personal think Chickhe sum it up, and go grocery shopping i know from monday how great that was to go in a store, and feel like i should be there shopping, bad thing here in cowboy country, if you don't fit in that cookie cutter, you will not surive, but it is sure fun not having fit into it all the time, and just being my real self, if only once a year or so, be thankful can go and enjoy life to the fullest,life is too short not to dress, and enjoying yourself, and just a quick not Kelly girl, i know i wish i could look that great, stacy

I tend to agree with you, I have done grocery and mall shopping, pumped gas, gone to movies, festivals, concerts, flea markets and garage sales all while en femme and hardly got a glance from those around me. But even when I'm en femme I notice the drop dead gorgeous females. Maybe I'm hard wired that way.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As a teen and young adult I was invisible enough to last two life times, especially in high school. I don't want to blend in, I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention... How do you like me now?
    Rite on, Kelly! U ROCK!
    I spent 50 years being unnoticed, plain, and ordinary! At my best! And, maybe unattractive, at worst!
    Sherry likes looking GOOD!

I BLEND every day in drab! If I have a BETTER option, why would I want to do that when I dress, too?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    i know i wish i could look that great, stacy
    I want to be noticed! Personally i love the attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    I do enjoy a little attention also, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Sherry likes looking GOOD!
    If you don't mind me asking, why DO you want to look good or be noticed in a particular way? I guess the standard answer would be, it is natural for people to want to feel good about themselves. But, I'm asking if you would look a little deeper than that.

I'll tell you why GGs want to look good (once we get past the bit about feeling good about ourselves). Fundamentally, it's all about attraction. Just picture 4 young GGs going out together on a girl's night out. They don't dress the way they do to impress each other. GGs who hang out together at a girlfriend's home will dress entirely different than when they go out.

It's true that GGs who are older or perhaps have been in established relationships for awhile will say they dress for themselves. They're not on the market and I'm not talking about them, since it's unlikely these GGs will also want to gather the same type of attention when they go out. I'm talking about the GGs who do want to be noticed, who do want others to find them attractive. It is not the other GGs they want to impress.

So my question is, do you have similar motives for wanting notice or the attention? What type of attention do you seek, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by josee View Post
    I wonder what women /GG notice first in a female or someone presenting as one?
    Competition.

Or if you prefer, how the two of us compare along the female pecking order. I first notice the overall look or effect and then I'll make mental notes .. is she younger than me? Prettier? Does she have a nicer body? Does she look more confidant? When I notice the clothes, it is never with envy ... it's more about judging how the clothes enhance (or not) her overall look to affect her place along the pecking order.

I need to add that comparing myself to other women to determine our respective attractiveness was more frequent when I was younger, or during the times in my life when I felt insecure either in myself or in my relationships. I seldom go there anymore (and most times don't really notice the other women in the room), although my mind still goes there when I'm out with my SO and I notice him noticing them.
    Reine

Yes, I know. I did say "getting positive attention". No CD/TS wants to be stared at because they are read.

But, am I reading too much into it, or is there some wistfulness over perhaps being the type of invisible that Stephenie S speaks of, meaning not being admired for the attractive woman a CD/TS might wish to be?
    As you are aware, Reine, it's always complicated when it comes to CDs!

For example, as a FAB you were much more likely to have grown up expecting to be told you were pretty and expecting to be noticed. When you were 4 or 5 years old the first thing aunts and uncles and cousins said was, "My, but you look so pretty!"

It's probably the baseline identifier for most FABs, conditioned into them, even if, in some cases, it wasn't completely true.

Boys may be told they are "handsome," but it is far less frequent and often comes in second or third after "Oh! Look how tall you've grown!" or "Wow! You're a terrific basketball player!"

So CD boys simply aren't used to being noticed just for having cute hair nor for wearing a pretty party dress.

And when they get older they're not used to being watched because of how they walk nor how their rear end moves.

So in guy world, unless you happen to be Orlando Bloom or Brad Pitt or James Bond you grow up expecting to be invisible. Nobody glances your way when you cross the street or when you bend over to pick up a piece of paper.

When a CD crosses the line it becomes an odd feeling to realize that as a woman she is the subject of attention, that both men and women check her out. The typical CD is shocked by what, to a FAB, would simply be normal attention.

At first, panic sets in. Every glance translates to "OMG! I'm busted!"

Then it settles down to embarrassment every time she sees someone checking her out. Kinda like what an anthropomorphic deer in the headlights would probably think.

And only later can she, pretty or not, begin to take in stride what, to a FAB, would be a normal level of attention.

Hugs,
    Persephone.