Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you been recognized?

Have you been recognized?

A question for those of you that have posted photos of yourself dressed either here or elsewhere on the internet - - has anyone that you know in boy mode ever recognized you?

The possibility of being recognized quite frankly is one factor that keeps me from posting photos. Any comments?

No, not that I know of. I've had pictures posted since 1997 or so.

I have never knowingly been recognised - i.e. if I have I am not aware of it. However, I do look very different in boy mode... as many of us do in fact (check out the picture thread on male/female modes!).

Mind you, I tend to not post pictures with clues in (like my front room, or car, or house front). I guess if someone really wanted to hunt me down it would be possible, but you have to ask why... If they are on this site to begin with and admit that they found you here it begs questions of them?
    Last edited by Kaz; 11-05-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hmmm....well I was at DC's own high-heel drag race event a few weeks ago and am 100% sure a female co-worker of mine saw me and recognized me despite my being dressed to the nines as a girl (wig, dress, heels, full make up, jewelry, purse, hose). I was a bit flustered when I saw ran into her, and managed to melt into the crowd. She didn't say anything to me about it at work the next day or later on (we rarely interact much anyway). In hindsight, I wish I had just introduced myself there since I'm sure she knows now anyway.

Banned Read only
    My wife says it would be impossible to recognize me. I believe her.

I've got pics of me here, there, and everywhere, and, no one has recognized me,yet! And if they do, I'm not all that concerned about it. I do look WAY different, in my pics,though!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Danni,

That's way too funny! I thought about going to the same event but could not make it. Were there many 'girls' there besides those racing?

Susan

Silver Member
    I post no photos.

However, years ago I was recognized by another member on this forum just from reading my posts, no photos needed.

S

Nope, not a one.....and I don't really care at this point either.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I posted one picture without my face and I was still nervous. Now, maybe, I will have the courage to post some real pictures. I want to see what people think if Connie but ...
    So anyway Audreyanne, thanks for starting this thread,
    Connie

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Sure. When you become part of the community, going to places in both modes, and especially if you wander on to Facebook or the like, you might well end up in a situation where someone knows of you and has seen you around, but hasn't happened to see you dressed up yet, and ends up learning to associate the femme name and the boy-mode face by seeing pictures of you dressed.

If the question is really "Are people going to be able to recognize the boy-mode you by seeing the girl-mode you either live or in pictures", then that depends a lot on the individual. There are a lot of people around here that pretty much dismiss the possibility (except for "people that barely make an effort"), but some of us are easy to recognize and some of us are not. I happen to fall in to the category of "rarely not recognized".

My gender therapist says that the only real "tell" on me is my facial hair, and that getting it permanently removed would make a big difference. That's her story, and she's sticking too it It isn't the right story for me, though: there have been far far too many times when I've been recognized from a distance in bad light when I was shaved and wearing good foundation -- cases where people would have been much too far away for my light facial hair to be noticeable.

I mention this about facial hair just in the context of saying that no-one has ever managed to come up with more than a half-hearted hypothesis about why it is that people recognize me so easily. (And it goes the other way too -- people that have only seen me dressed easily recognize me in "boy mode"). My looks are not striking, I don't have any distinguishing scars, I am not especially tall (6' compared to 5' 10 1/2" average), my nose isn't especially big or sharp, my chin isn't either, and so on. I'm the middle-of-the-road looker that people happen to recognize easily. Not much happens to disguise me.

A lot of people get the breaks, but some people don't.

It is common, in this kind of thread, for people to say, "But people are never going to expect to see you dressed up!". Well, in my case, there have been very few people indeed who have expressed surprise as seeing me dressed up, even if they have never seen me dressed up before. Never once has anyone said to me anything close to, "I never would have expected..."

I seem to be an outlier, and my experiences are not the common experience, but It Happens To Some People.

The countering benefit is that, me being recognized so easily, and people not being surprised, neither are people upset.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Most people won't be able to put it together. I used to go out with some of the Seattle girls after an Emerald City meeting. Most of the time we would go to the same tavern and got to know the owner fairly well. He knew me well enough that we would talk all of the time. One night I was in the area, in guy mode and stopped by the tavern and the owner was there. I ordered the normal beer that I drank as a girl, and he realized that he knew me, but I didn't let on and questioned some of his comments. He then backed away and realized he had made a mistake; which I didn't help him out of. I realized then that most people don't recognize us when we are out. The exception might be if you are dressed and out with your wife, friends would recognize her and then figure out who you are. YMMV
    Dana Ryan

If anyone recognizes me from the photos I have posted here, then I really, really need to revisit my makeup skills . . . . I think I would be more disappointed that they recognized me in spite of my makeup, rather than the mere fact that I was actually recognized . . . .

This is a good question to ask because I am hesitant to post photos here but I want to. I'm not so worried about myself being outed, I'm more worried that my CDing would become my families problem. I do wonder though with the technology they have if some meathead can take your photo from here or facebook and with computer enhancements find a way to show the world what you look like as a man and post the dam thing on the net or FB so it becomes a big problem. I'm probably paranoid...

Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Girl View Post
    This is a good question to ask because I am hesitant to post photos here but I want to. I'm not so worried about myself being outed, I'm more worried that my CDing would become my families problem.
    This was one of my fears as well. But I really don't think that most people would be able to recognize us, and if they did you could deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Girl View Post
    I do wonder though with the technology they have if some meathead can take your photo from here or facebook and with computer enhancements find a way to show the world what you look like as a man and post the dam thing on the net or FB so it becomes a big problem. I'm probably paranoid...
    I don't think that this could ever happen. With makeup you create highlights and shadows, to create illusions. If someone were to take a (female) photo of you, I suppose they could change it to make it look like your neighbor.
    Dana Ryan

Didn't even need pictures. Someone at work added all the information available and figured out it was me. I simply denied everything, as long as there was no picture, they had no proof. But it was enough to get me to change a few 'details' so that I wouldn't be 'spotted' again.
    Got to be careful.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If anyone who knows me found my internet photos, then what are they doing there? .....catch my drift?

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    If anyone who knows me found my internet photos, then what are they doing there? .....catch my drift?
    Well said Nathalie! If anyone is so keen to find out who I am and they do, I will say well done... welcome to the the club and I am glad you are here! Now if there are people trawling these pages trying to expose people and you have no legitimate right to be here (other than, of course, your legitimate right to be here)... what I mean is that you are not part of our community but someone wishing to dig up a story... go ahead...it will be an interesting thing to observe and respond to...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Didn't even need pictures. Someone at work added all the information available and figured out it was me. I simply denied everything, as long as there was no picture, they had no proof. But it was enough to get me to change a few 'details' so that I wouldn't be 'spotted' again.
    Got to be careful.
    So what were they doing there? Wow, it would seem like a coincidence to me.
    Dana Ryan

Not locally perhaps but don't kid yourself. The FBI, CIA and NSA all know exactly who we all are.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    No, In fact a former boss saw me in girl mode and thought the photo was of an aunt! I have been posting photos of me for almost 10 years, plus if they are finding photos of yo in girl mode it opens doors to ask them questions.

In 3 words Facial Recognition Software. It's everywhere. Have you ever uploaded your male pic to see who yo might look like or for a makeover? How about that Facebook anyone?

Well thanks to this thread I have now shown my profile photo..................hope its OK,
    Lover of all things Satin
    Luv Satinpeta

Hi,

I spos that applys more for you who dress , & may not be able to be seen .
    So a bit different for me . i was not going to hide away & make up storys & when i do some thing i do it all out so reguardless of what might come my way.

i.v shown my profile story & pics around the world, so no where to hide.
    & being well known it had to come out , most of our details are there for people to see & read, & thats out side of the trans community as well.

Im allso on many forums in different countys & thats so lovely because i can have chats with many lovely people of cause they get to know about who i am & why. try the net use my name,

I belive iv been given a fantastic opportunity in being able to show & let others know we can be accepted in to socity like any one can , yes i know theres more to it than just what iv said here yet its a start,

...noeleena...

That was a worry for me as well, so it took me awhile to post a picture. If anyone has recognized me, they haven't made it known to me. I love the fact that there is a face to go with my name.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]