Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you been recognized?

Would much rather be recognized on this site then have somebody say they saw me on "Canada's 10 Most Wanted" site. )

the happy camper
    I have a couple of people friended on both of my facebook profiles, which means there are some mutual friends who will occasionally see my profile picture, as well as my femme name. They've never mentioned having recognized me, but I suspect that's just them minding their own business.

I haven't posted a picture lately, but use to have one up a lot, never heard anyone mention it, but then I don't know if I know any cross dressers so I'm not sure the people that know me would ever find me here. My oldest son got a quick glimpse of a photo of me dressed one day while looking for something on my computer, but at a glance ( I changed folders quickly) he asked if it was someone from a club the wife and I belong to, thats dad never entered his head. I don't lose where pictures are anymore, they are on a external drive that is only turned on when I want in there, so no one stumbles on to anything again.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Not that I know of. The prospect of it happening is somewhat scary. Like Kaz says, my pics too tend not to have any clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    Not locally perhaps but don't kid yourself. The FBI, CIA and NSA all know exactly who we all are.
    Now I know why it took less than a week to get my TSA security clearance for my Haz Mat license and another guy at work it took over a month.
    The cross dresser data base, must be the one started by J Edgar, John to his friends.

I do have some of my pics on Flickr, and a couple other places. I was worried for a while, but not anymore. Like Vikki said, I look very different in male mode.

Thank you all for the thoughtful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    Not locally perhaps but don't kid yourself. The FBI, CIA and NSA all know exactly who we all are.
    Right.

I've come to the conclusion that there's little they can do with the information, however.

(more of concern to me is the possibility of being profiled as a domestic-terrorist based on my browsing history)

You look great, nice legs and dress!

I just put my profile picture on a day or two ago as well. I went with the body shot only since I haven't got all the accessories and makeup skills yet. I thought about it for a few weeks before I did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Satinpeta View Post
    Well thanks to this thread I have now shown my profile photo..................hope its OK,
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Not to my knowledge. Keep in mind that anyone viewing this site is probably a CD or the SO of a CD. The chances of your family, friends or acquaintances stumbling on this site and then seeing a photo of you and recognizing you is incredibly low.

The first time I had a photo of me available for the world to see was back in the pre-Internet days, had a few photos of me published in Virginia Prince's old Transvestia magazine and in Cathy Slavik's Empathy Press magazines back in the late 1970's, and have been posting photos of me in various places on the Internet since about 1997, and so far, no family members or friends have found my photos, as far as I can tell.

Most of us look way different when crossdressed, and that makes it even less likely that we'll be recognized even if someone who knows us sees a photo of us.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Audrey,

I met a couple of my girlfriends in drab. Until they told me who the were I wouldn't have guessed! Seriously, and these are people I know! One in particular is on the tall side, and for some reason, she looked much taller in drab then when dressed. (So much for reliable witnesses!) In fact, I really had to look at their faces to picture them as the girls I know. Really weird but I think the mind just doesn't make the translation.

Anyway, that and the fact that I just don't care. . .
    Deb

If they have they haven't told me.
    I seriously doubt that anyone would recognize me and I don't really care at this stage.
    Besides, what would my "straight laced" friends be doing searching the web for CD pics anyway. How would they ever admit that???
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Audrey,

I met a couple of my girlfriends in drab. Until they told me who the were I wouldn't have guessed! Seriously, and these are people I know! One in particular is on the tall side, and for some reason, she looked much taller in drab then when dressed. (So much for reliable witnesses!) In fact, I really had to look at their faces to picture them as the girls I know. Really weird but I think the mind just doesn't make the translation.

Anyway, that and the fact that I just don't care. . .
    Deb

I think it is partly because we know someone as a male or a female and the brain rules out looking for them as a different gender. I have never looked at a woman to see if she is one of my male family or friends because I have never seen or thought of them that way, so my mind has already ruled out looking for them in a different gender appearance.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    If anyone who knows me found my internet photos, then what are they doing there? .....catch my drift?
    not so much if they notice you from this site.
    i have two pics here, that could have come from here, but found on a funny pic site. one of is one of us in a wedding dress and the other is of a split guy/girl pic. now they could have come from here or from someone they sent the pics to.
    maybe we could create a "found" section here. if you find a pic of ""one of us" out on the www you couldpost it here. that way if the person in the pic didnt want it posted this would help them stop itbeing posted again. just an idea.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Audreyanne View Post
    A question for those of you that have posted photos of yourself dressed either here or elsewhere on the internet - - has anyone that you know in boy mode ever recognized you?

The possibility of being recognized quite frankly is one factor that keeps me from posting photos. Any comments?
    No I've been posting for years, both here and in flickr and some other sites and have never been recognized
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I am a firm believer in the fact that (except for the CIA or NSA) you can easily hide in plain sight. Flickr must have millions of accounts and hundreds of millions of photos. Unless you are one of those people seeking millions of views, the chances that anybody ever recognizes you is near zero. The only exceptions are (a) you run for Congress or President (I would love to be the first crossdresser president, but I don't think America is there yet) or (b) you are in a divorce proceeding, in which case all of your internet history is up for display in the courtroom.
    Best, Christine

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Hundreds of times, but then again, I live openly and don't wear wigs!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Never been found out on the Net.was my Wallpaper on my mobile phone that gave me away lol ( colleague saw it by accident) all turned out ok though

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Wasn't recognized last night when I went shopping with some best buds! Of course, I was about 100 miles from home lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

I never say never, but most people don't even notice others when they look the same unless they are within about 10 feet looking right at each other. Change everything about your appearance and your're going to look maybe like a relative or sister and if you don't react to the person looking at you, you would probably not be discovered.
    Chickie

Posting pics here shouldn't be a problem. First off most of us don't look like our drab selves. Secondly, should someone actually put two and two together and figure out who we are, then what were they doing here in the first place!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

This is a little reversed from being recognized while dressed fem. I used to go to monthly parties for those into D/s and other BDSM related activities. All were very welcome. Over about 3=4 years I got to know many of the regulars. I had always gone dressed fem. But one night I showed up in drab. Not one person knew who I was even after confronting them. They had only seen me in female mode and to some it was a shock to see me as a male. If you are any good with makeup and wear a complimenting wig, I don't know how anyone would recognise most of us. That is until you oppen your mouth to speak. So I have no fear of anyone recognizing me from pictures posted on the net. And as others have said, if they saw me on this site, I'd have questions of my own as to what they were doing here to begin with.

Nope and I'm pretty confident that I am not recognizable. I've run into friends and co workers while out dressed and they had absolutely no clue it was me. I even saw one of my friends the following day and asked him about his evening. He said he ran into a woman who was very interesting and he studied her for quite some time before realizing she was actually a male. I can't hide my hands. But to this day he doesn't know it was me. From those that do know me in both modes I'm told I look anywhere from 15 to 20 years younger than what I am.

I had one sister in-law recognize me from my Sally MySpace page. Most people would not recognize me.
    Sally

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    No one has ever told me they found a photo of Sarah and figured out it was really Dave. If they've been to this site it would be easiest if they go to one of the boy/girl photo threads we have running. Then they'd know for sure. In fact I wish they would and let me know they've been talking about my crossdressing for years so I could get out a little more often around home.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.