Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you been recognized?

I did an internet search for "JosieCD" and, if you turn off "safe search", I get this...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/....-Edgar-Hoover

Why this would require safe search being turned off I have no idea...

(first make sure it's "JosieCD" so you don't get "Josie and the Pussycats" CDs )

I used to get my flikr photos....
    Last edited by Josie M; 11-07-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Never and I hope it stays that way. I got a little carried away with my profile picture so who knows.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Wasn't recognized last night when I went shopping with some best buds! Of course, I was about 100 miles from home lol
    I see you and your friends know the first rule of passing in everyday situations: don't wear a cocktail dress and stilettos to the mall. The flossier and blingier you are, the more likely you are to stick out and prompt unwanted curiosity. Very nice everyday casual looks, all three of you!

Hi Audreyanne,
    I confess that I also have this fear, I started posting pictures of me recently and still not have the courage to show my face, but I'm a little more confidence knowing that many CDs have never been recognized.

Yes I have been recognized; but it was by another CD so no big deal.
    The giveaway was that I had too much detail in the profile.
    Enough things added up that they asked me if I was on here.
    It wasn't that they looked at the pic and knew right away.
    I have since made my profile and pics a bit vague and haven't been spotted since.

At the time I was active with a local chapter of tri ess and getting out regularly.
    That left lots to post and some pictures with unique backgrounds ect.
    Last edited by Cari; 11-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    I see you and your friends know the first rule of passing in everyday situations: don't wear a cocktail dress and stilettos to the mall. The flossier and blingier you are, the more likely you are to stick out and prompt unwanted curiosity. Very nice everyday casual looks, all three of you!
    Thanks! Even though we heard/saw some looks....after a bit I didn't give it a second thought.

On the flip side I have read a few folks and had some friends read
    here were some of the clues.

1: Dont pose next to your car; never show a license plate.
    2: If you have distinct art or furniture don't pose in front of it.
    3: If you live in a small town just post your state in the profile.
    4: Take a long hard look at your pics if you have distinct features or tatoos don't show them off in the pic.
    5: Don't pose with a pet, unless its a real common pet like a goldfish
    6: Watch your backgrounds how specific are they.

If you are worried ask a friend on here to check your profile and see how close they come. In every case I know of: people are a little suspicious but don't really believe it or want to believe it. Then they start watching and putting little things together. Eventually they have enough to ask or worse yet start showing friends and asking what they think.

I dont date photos anymore or post them quickly - when I was active friends started wondering why I was never around on the third weekend every month it had become a pattern. If they suspected the profile it would be really easy to note that pics got added when I wasn't around. {this may hold for folks who can only dress when family is away ect}

BTW I don't regret posting pics at all - I have been recognized but only by other CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Wasn't recognized last night when I went shopping with some best buds! Of course, I was about 100 miles from home lol
    I reckognize some faces in this photo. We may have met.
    i do know that girl in the middle.

However Ive already made it known to some friends about this side of me, even though I told them midway through life. That eliminates the lies and the closeting. This is a side of me that I must live.

However, let's say someone from work or someone that knows me peruses crossdressing sites, and finds someone that looks like me.....well, what are they doing here?.....savvy?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-07-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    In all the years that I have been CD'ing I have had a lot of pictures taken. But I have never posted any on the Internet myself. So I don't know if anybody has ever recognised me or not. For the past 6 years I have gone out in public in the Atlanta, Ga area dressed completely enfemme many times! But I did not wear any makeup or a wig, so I looked just like the man that I am. Except of course for the fact that I was wearing feminine clothing!! Still haven't heard from anybody about that!! I am at the point in life where I really don't care if someone does recognise me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

[QUOTE=NathalieX66;2649359]I reckognize some faces in this photo. We may have met.
    i do know that girl in the middle.

Yup Nathalie.....we met at the last Raven

I sent a pic of me holding "myself dressed" to a friend and told her that the girl was my girlfriend but she easily recognized. What a bummer

A few people in this thread correctly mentioned that if you don't want to be noticed, don't wear stilettos and a cocktail dress. That being said, the chances that somebody YOU know will recognize you in that attire is pretty slim, just because they cannot connect the dots. I can now attest to this having walked out of a very nice hotel at a major corporate function, dressed exactly that way. I had cased the the hotel with great care, looking at exit routes so Christine could enjoy her evening without getting recognized and fired as she left the event. l walked down 9 flights of stairs, exited into a side lobby and DROPPED INTO A HALLWAY WITH 5 PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME VERY WELL IN DRAB. I nearly died on the spot. I put my Imperial Christine look on, threw my shoulders back and thrust my chest out, fluffed down my evening gown so the garters did not show and strutted past in 3 1/2 heels. They did not have a chance, I blew right by them to my car. And I had the best time that night I have ever had. So life is a risk, take it and be glad you are alive to be recognized.

Best, Christine

I suppose I will out myself if I let it be known that I may go to San Fransisco on Tuesday.
    Too much detail can be a problem, but if you jump into the deep end, COME UP SWIMMING.