Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your First Favorite Outfit?

What Was Your First Favorite Outfit?

For me it was a dress that had stretching ruffles and frilly. It was similar to the dress in Madonna's video "Borderline," if you even remember that video. Wearing that with a teddy underneath, pantyhose and high heels was the best!

My first favorite outfit was a little black dress with an above knee hem, pantyhose and black heels.

My first completed outfit was my fave. It was liquid leggings, with a black lace/velvet top, faux leather bomber jacket, and patent peep toe pumps.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My first favourite was my Mothers pink angora jumper worn with satin pencil skirt,funnily enough I have such an outfit in my wardrobe now

The first I owned was pink sparkly cowl neck top and black leather skirt,not quite sure it worked together,but hey! was early pink fog days

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Psh, this question is so obvious for me that it... Okay, I don't know.

Of all things, the first thing I wore that was feminine. My sister had a light green... Blouse/shirt thingy... And a skirt that went to my knees that was black at the top for about 2ish inches, then dark green 2 inches, then the same light green the rest of the way. Why, do you ask? Simple. It fit me better than anything I have ever worn since. Really.

Unfortunately... She was cleaning her room to go live with her husband about a year ago, and I walked by and asked my mom about it (A few months after coming out) and it was revealed to have been donated to Goodwill about a month before she started cleaning... I was pissed and depressed. If I ever find it, or something similiar to it again, I won't care how bad it messes up my credit rating, by the ancestors, I am grabbing it!

EDIT: Oh... what was your FIRST favourite outfit... Eh, it still works, because it remains at the top to this day.

My first favorite outfit was a blue floral print dress that a girlfriend gave me. I loved the way it fit/looked but I think what really was special about it was that giving it to me was her way of saying that she accepted me. Unfortunately it was lost in the great purge of '06 but that's a different story

My first fave outfit was a blue denim mini skirt and pink T shirt I bought when I was in my mid teens. I had just started working part time after school, and this was my first purchase with my first paycheck. An awsome memory

Tash

small Dec 8 GNO.jpg Ashley_and_Sally small.jpg

This was my first favorite outfit and my first "pretty" picture. It looks much nicer in person as it is very sparkly in regular lighting. Blue sequined, made out of silk, my favorite fabric! It clings to your body and looks shorter than it really is. I still have it and take it out for a spin every few years!
    Sally

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Mine was a REAL cheerleading uniform compleat with everything. (Not one of those COSTUMES you can buy.) I stil have it any many others.
    That is what started me cross dressing but I have added much more to my wardrobe. Dresses, skirts, tops, pants. I pretty much never wear men's underwear or pants any more.

My first favorite was a 50's style strapless formal, in mint green with yards and yard of Tull that held the skirt out away from you, it was worn with a hoop skirt, and lots of pretty slips. It belonged to my big sister, and when I was 8 or 9, I fell in love with that dress and a lot of the other formals she had, but that green one was my favorite. This was in about 1953 or 54. The first thing that I owned that I fell madly in love with was a bright orange dress with a full skirt, and V neck line, that my wife bought me the day I told her I was a crossdresser. The dress was not that great, but that, that's how she took the news, she was married to a crossdresser made it a favorite for a few years.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

a Catholic girls school uniform bottle green in colour with white knee high socks and Mary jane shoes

My first favorite outfit was a white blouse and a blue dress that was above the knee with black pantyhose. I loved it. It was so cute. Unfortunately i don't know what happened to it. I used to wear it when I was growing up.

Mine was my sisters jean skirt, thi hi's and her heeled boots. the top was one of those late 80's things. I loved wearing it when she was not home. Actually all her clothes were great to wear.

I started dressing early, but most of what I could get my hands on were worn out cast-offs from my sisters that didn't really fit me well (or look all that nice).

My first real outfit that was new, fit me well, and actually looked good on me I got when I was about 15 years old.

I won't go into details on how, but I managed to get my hands on everything from a nice up-scale clothing store in town. The outfit was:
    A nice green tartan skirt, knee-length, pleated with a side-zipper.
    White blouse, sheer enough that you could just see hints of the bra's lace through it
    Forest green tights that looked really nice with the skirt
    'Mary Jane' shoes
    and of course a nice matching bra/panty set.

Having an entire outfit that all fit and all went together, after years of ill-fitting things, was pure heaven. I think of that skirt often.

I see photos of myself back then and realize in retrospect that at that age I would have been very passable with minimal or even no makeup beyond a touch of lipstick, but I never went out in public.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I started dressing about 15 years ago, I bought this old, conservative house dress at Goodwill. It had a long zipper up the back and a tite, closed neck. I rigged a zipper puller using a yardstick. The dress was small and very tite. But, somehow I got the zipper all the way up!

I was first taken by the tite, trapped feeling. Very exciting! Then, I looked in the mirror! OMG! June Cleaver!
    Sherry's come a LONG WAY since then! Ha ha!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    When I was 3 or 4 years old I found a sack of hand me downs from my cousin intended for my sister. In that sack I found a little girl's nylon party dress. It was blue and had a full skirt with underskirt attached. It buttoned up the back and had a sash at the waist to be tied in the back. In the 1950s little girls wore one or two petticoats under a party dress to make the skirt stand out. I didn't have any petticoats, then, but I do now. I was in heaven wearing that dress and twirling around. My sister never saw that dress; it was mine. I wore it for several years until it wouldn't fit any more. Leanne

Oh Yes! My first farorite would have to be the beige suit, (with brown satin blouse--the blouse had some kind of straps that you tied to make a big bow at the neck). One of the reasons that it was special was that I was shopping at Salvation Army that day. I told the girls that I was in a male-model fashion show at the country club, (not really).

It so happened that some young girls were there and were being trained as retail clerks. They were so nice, and found me items that fit perfectly. Then found a blouse, shoes and accessories that matched perfectly. And of course, I had to step out of the fitting room to show them. They said I looked just so chic! Nervous, but I conquered my fears, and was treated royally. Good day. Thanks girls.

The first outfit that I had that I could definitely call a favorite was a darkish blue business suit. It had a slim skirt with the kick slit in the front. I wore a silk blouse with a large tie underneath the jacket. Wearing a full slip underneath (also with a frontal kick slit) and my best girdle and nylons was an experience that I'll never forget. At that point in time I didn't have any women's shoes and never ventured outside. Nor did I as of yet try any makeup. I desparately wanted to know what it was like to be a woman and walk around in front of other people wearing something like that. It was absolutely the most feminine outfit that I ever wore at that time. The jacket also had white piping.
    Regrettably I had to get rid of it before I went into the army.

Not my first outfit, but my first favorite outfit has to be the one I first stepped into the outside world in. A cream colored, high neck, long sleeved fitted sweater that came down to my hips, over a charcoal grey concertina pleated skirt. (Still have that skirt), Sheer black hose with black ankle-strap 2” heels. Aside from the sheer terror of walking down a city street fully dressed for the first time, came the simple joy of feeling those pleats swinging around my legs.

My first favorite was a very vary short pink and black tartan mini skirt with a black lacy top. I wore my first garters and stockings and thong with this outfit black chunky heeled shoes and an auburn wig. The only thing to survive the purges are the shoes. Oh how I miss that skirt
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

My first "favorite dress" was this one:

2 white floral dress.JPG

I love it for several reasons. It was given to me by my wife, I wore it on my first real "out in the world" outing, and it earned me two "That's a beautiful dress" compliments from GGs on that outing!
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-04-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

leotard! and pantyhose! was so long time ago... but i always feel who i real are with it! until now and 4ever...

First Favorite

Well, when I 'borrowed' clothes from my Mother, it was her dark green sweater dress that I paired with a a black stretch belt, nylons, and a pair of simple black pumps (just like she did). I am sort of excited to see the style coming back.

When I bought my own clothes my favorite was a red dress that was more on the 'office environment' side of style. It may not have been very 'sexy' or anything like that, but it was mine and I loved it.

Favorite outfit

This was from my first makeover. Too bad I had to give it back.

Attachment 167915

I goofed this up and am having trouble getting rid of the face pic so here's a full body shot.
    Leg shot.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by insearchofme; 11-04-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    Dana Fleming

Easy one! A long demim sirt with a red satin blouse held together with a wide leather belt. In retrospect it was a little "trashy" but I loved it!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda