Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we do it? One possible explantion.

Never abused sexually. I was abused by other boys when I was growing up, but mostly because I liked looking, acting, & dressing like a girl! They could never stop me though, no matter how much they beat on me.

Aspiring Member
    You may be comparing apples and oranges there.
    If a person is dressing because they were sexually abused, they may not be true transgendered. But that would be for a medical professional to determine on a case by case basis. Right now, there is just not enough data on this. In fact, there is no data on this presently.

I didn' have any sexual abuse. As a teen I sexually abused my self when I dressed by self gratification. Billie Jean

Sexual abuse and Cross-Dressing have zero correlation.

Sexual abuse and the abuse of alcohol and/or drugs... documented.

Sexual abuse and a guy in his 40s throwing on a pair of sling backs and skirt - yeah... not related.

That's like saying a woman that was sexually abused and/or molested, raped, as a teen deciding in her 40s to decide it would be nice to buy a sawzall and remodel a 1940's cape cod.

Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara View Post

Sexual abuse and the abuse of alcohol and/or drugs... documented.

Sexual abuse and a guy in his 40s throwing on a pair of sling backs and skirt - yeah... not related.

That's like saying a woman that was sexually abused and/or molested, raped, as a teen deciding in her 40s to decide it would be nice to buy a sawzall and remodel a 1940's cape cod.

Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree.
    We know there is a strong corelation between abuse of drugs and sexual abuse, but you will be hard pressed to get a police department to admit to this out of fear of being labeled racist. The current conventional wisdom is that drug use has nothing to do with sexual abuse of children. But when they did the actual studies, they found that everyone who had sexually abused a child, in their study, had smoked too much marijuana, or ingested too much LSD, ecstasy, etc. On the converse side, they also found that not everyone who used drugs had abused a child. The conclusion you would get from that, scientifically, is that drug use does not mandate that you will abuse children but it does it make it strongly more likely that you will.
    My recommendation is that the law should require adults addicted to drugs to avoid contact with minors. Especially when they are high because they are not in control of their faculties and could wake up to find their faces plastered on the Megan's Law websites.

Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    We know there is a strong corelation between abuse of drugs and sexual abuse, but you will be hard pressed to get a police department to admit to this out of fear of being labeled racist. The current conventional wisdom is that drug use has nothing to do with sexual abuse of children. But when they did the actual studies, they found that everyone who had sexually abused a child, in their study, had smoked too much marijuana, or ingested too much LSD, ecstasy, etc. On the converse side, they also found that not everyone who used drugs had abused a child. The conclusion you would get from that, scientifically, is that drug use does not mandate that you will abuse children but it does it make it strongly more likely that you will.
    My recommendation is that the law should require adults addicted to drugs to avoid contact with minors. Especially when they are high because they are not in control of their faculties and could wake up to find their faces plastered on the Megan's Law websites.
    This is one of the dumbest things I have read on this forum. ^^

On topic: Never abused, or molested or even touched in a way I don't like. Been whatever flavor of trans that I am as long as I can remember. I LOVE cannabis and have never abused anyone, and surprisingly, am in control of my faculties before, during and after I partake.
    Last edited by SabrinaDubh; 11-20-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    Correlation does not prove, or even suggest, causation. The simple fact that people who use mind altering substances are more likely to have other severe psychological problems would kind of indicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara
    Uh, nope. Now you've got at least one. I had zero sexual identitiy issues before the abuse, despite the few odd things going on, at six I saw myself as just a normal boy and behaved as one.

How many others out there, we'll never actually know. But it wouldn't surprise me to find some.

On other fronts, the huge number of people responding to this question who were never sexually abused simply amazes me, as they could not be expected to provide any useful information towards the topic. Oh well, I tried.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.