Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's not easy being a girl

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My wife is much more aggressive on the road than I am. If the car in front of us hasn't started to move within a couple of seconds after the light turns greet, she's getting on their case and asking why I have honked the horn. She hates to drive and just wants everyone out of the way so she can get where she's going, RIGHT NOW, thank you very much. On the other hand, although I do get upset at some of the "stupid people" who seem to have found their driver license in someone elses wallet, I'm pretty calm when I drive, regardless of what I'm wearing. I'm probably a bit more careful when I'm en femme, just because I don't want to be forced to meet new people and/or the cops just because I wasn't patient.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    Shanan wrote:

"If you really want to see anger in traffic, get a few girls that live together and are all PMSing in a car together. (Often if you live together, your cycles sync up for some weird/awkward reason). It's kind of fun and intense and always leads to learning new words that you have never heard before. I miss these moments.

I say embrace your inner b*tchiness...if some loser is being a prick, let her ROAR!!"

Oh yes! No question about this!

I live with 3 other women. We try to "share" the house. Let me tell you, FOUR women living together can generate some sparks on occasion. My dream of a feminist utopia quickly turned out to be just that, a dream.

S

I tend to drive more carefully while dressed, simply because I really don't want to have any problems. OTOH, sometimes I'll forget myself and my wife will remind me to "drive like a girl."
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My first reaction is to someone like that is to pull out my 9mm and declare open season on stupid drivers!!! However since I have been procrastinating on getting a concealed weapons permit I just glare at them and do my best to not let them in. Then there is my wife that says "WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO" go ahead and let him in honey so I let him in. She knows how to appeal to my fem side and I let her.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Of course, I learned to drive in SoCal. I THOT I know how, until I starting driving around Europe many years ago! There, I REALLY learned how to drive! 4 lane hiways with NO speed limits! Lines in the road, stop signs, and road signs mean NOTHING there! If u didn't pull rite over after passing, that Mercedes or Porsche coming at 150+ would go THRU your car!

We have the BEST roads and WORST drivers in the world here! I'm always very attuned to surrounding vehicles. In self defense! Because I concentrate when I'm driving, I can nearly always tell what a nearby driver will do next! Turn or change lanes without signalling, cut over suddenly, texting or on their phone, etc., etc.

I've gotten SO GOOD, I can almost always GUESS THE CORRECT GENDER OF THE DRIVER! 9 out of 10 times, more aggressive drivers r male! However, that's down from the 10 out of 10 it USED to be here 25 years ago! Some of U GGs REALLY DRIVE NOW!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-08-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    In stead, Nicole took over, allowed space for him to get into my lane and let the whole incident pass without even a moment of anger, just an "oh well, it's a man, what do you expect."
    I've noticed that guys are much more laid back on the road that women are, particularly (sorry Shannon), younger women. lol. I've also been agressive on the road, although I'm mellowing out a bit as I get older.

A woman who is in conflict with a man doesn't have a chance because of their differences in physical strength. But, put her behind the wheel where there's finally a level playing field, and watch out!!!

But seriously, my driving attitudes have everything to do with how I'm feeling that day. Hurried? Laid back? Angry? It will be reflected in my driving.

Maybe it's not a question of being two different people, but more about just being so happy to not have to repress anything, that you spew forth goodwill when you are dressed!
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-10-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: clarification
    Reine

I don't see why there should be a different attitude to drive with respect to your clothing, for me it's all about whether I'm in a hurry or not. But, even I'm in a hurry, I still keep in mind safety is the most important.

Driving 'en femme' is about avoiding conflict... 'Being' femme is very different... girls have attitude!

If you can manage your way though it to the end this is a great movie... be warned.. IT IS NOT PLEASANT...

Death Proof

Women can be as violent as men when sh** happens! It isn't all about 'maids' and 'dominance'... it is mostly about getting on with life..
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

One time only I drove home totally enfemme and I wouldn't dare speed or draw any attention to myself just so I wouldn't get stopped or have any reason for a chance meeting to have to get out of the car.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    It doesn't matter to me, I basically drive the same either way. I still become annoyed with those that pull in front of me and slow down or don't go the speed limit. I'm not interested in getting in an altercation and breaking a nail or worse.
    Dana Ryan

Hi,

Hmmmm ....... no aggro here been driveing for govt dept's bus trucks heavy machinery . still drive the same way now as i did 49 years ago. light on the hammer. & let others pass ether side, now of cause i drive a heavy 4 x 4 , & no probs. . oh i for got im a woman.
    Hey i see some weird things , easyer to keep the peace & those who seem not to know how to drive & show conciderastion to others , seems like the saying is still true ( ... the nut behind the wheel ....) will come off , just not were you could be .

...noeleena...

I find this interesting. The other day I was fully dressed, bringing in some fod for my wife, who had broken her leg. She said to me" You are more caring when you are dressed". Then went on to say the next time your are acting "Bitchie" I am going to recommed you get dressed!

I have noticed a difference when I am driving dressed. I usually drive in the right lane versus the left when driving as my male self. Also notice that I use my turn signals more when en femme. I sit differently in my seat do to the shoes I am wearing that day. Lastly I listen to more female artists on the radio so I can sing along with them.

Michelle

When I am en femme I am more conscious of what my surroundings are. I am also a little more patient.
    Hugs, Carole

Silver Member
    En femme or not, it was the sensible thing to do to get out of the way. If there had been an accident, you would have had to deal with being questioned by the police while dressed, and far worse you could have been held partially responsible for it (whether you are in the right or wrong, in this day and age who knows what might happen in the legal system.)

My attitudes to driving have changed radically. This could be down to my increasing 'feminisation' or just old age... in whichever case I am a safer driver... but I am still a petrol head at heart!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I sometimes think women are more prone to being aggressive in vehicles. I have no scientific backing in this other than just being around my friends and just being myself. It seems like if I am out and about and a guy is being a real jerk, I'll only really do something about if it I JUST HAVE TO. This may be a some subconscious realization that I am (as much as it KILLS me to say this) physically "weaker" than most males. But, in my big a$$ SUV...all playing fields are equal. (Yes, I drive a big SUV. I wish that it were a huge truck...lifted and thoroughly redneck, but I'll settle with an SUV). You will always get a finger, honked at, or verbally abused if you make me mad on the road.

The ONE exception is old people. I have a soft spot for people 70+...I was nearly ran off the road by a red Kia not too long ago. I decided I would follow this person (I know, I must have been out of my mind) to their destination (which was a gas station). I was planning on telling the person that he/she nearly caused me to have a wreck and to be more careful, blah blah. I wasn't going to get out and pick a fight or anything. But, a little old lady hobbled out of the car and I just got back in my car and left without saying a word.
    In parking lots I see the drivers door open and the older person who is driving take 5 minutes to get out, shuffles to the rear door and gets their walker and then shuffles to the store. It makes me wonder what would happen if they had to swerve or stop suddenly. I'm only 57 but it scares me that that might be me someday.

Quote Originally Posted by astropaw View Post
    I'm only 57 but it scares me that that might be me someday.
    It will be all of us one day if we are lucky
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

being di lets me enjoy life so i try to let the jerks be and feel there pain

Yeah, Chevy pickups still on the job, I know. I just cannot understand why Chevrolet have to build those darn things to last forever? Why can't they build them like BMW's? (wink wink)

I drive a tow truck everyday and a few years back a guy tried to push himself into my lane on a bridge and hit my push bumper so i pushed him back and ended up with him sideways in front of my truck, so i pushed him for about 25 yards down the road and did 3000 worth of damage to his car and when he got out of his car to attack me i whipped his ass in the middle of the road. I was endrab at the time so when the police got there and heard the story the guy said it was his fault and no charges were given. I drive alot in my line of work so i see all kinds of dumb people and i will block them all i can when they act like they are the only one on the road. Have a fem day

So did you add insult to injury by getting his O.K. to tow his car away from the site of the altercation so that he could get it repaired?

Applying Makeup While Driving

Here's an interesting article that I found concerning driving. Does anyone apply makeup while driving?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...g-make-up.html

does not mater how i am dressed i am still the same inside. and 20+ years in a rig.. i say i need a louder horn. and now with all the video cam around i have one mounted on the dash of the pu and on the bars of my bike..when i get a tad more cash the bike gets a rear facing cam...and then there are the hand held units...get's the freaks and road rage creeps away very fast. even when the lens cover is still on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana7 View Post
    Here's an interesting article that I found concerning driving. Does anyone apply makeup while driving?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...g-make-up.html
    No, that's just stupid. You can wait until you are parked to fix your lipstick, or whatever. Makeup looks better on the living than it does a corpse.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck