Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Websites

Who Has Their Own CD Website?

I do a bit of website design in my spare time for personal interests and some non-profit organisations i'm associated with.

I have been wondering about whether i should make up (no pun intended!) a website for myself - you know - all pinky and girly?

I have seen a few online, but i'm not sure i can add much content to what's already out there, so perhaps it would just be about my own personal experiences as a CD'er.

Anyways, the question is, do many here in the forum have there own crossdresser website - and are you willing to let us see it?

Christine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

I want to have my own site, but I want it to be a professional view only type of thing, with decent hosting. I will get around to it eventually. Hopefully...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    I'm planning to put one up one of these days. Yeah, it's probably been said before, but doesn't mean I can't put my spin on it.

But I plan to make it stylish and womanly, not girly and frilly. No hearts and flowers, cheesy music, nor bad puns about (fe)mailing. Think CoCo Channel not Laura Ashley.

So I'd say go for it. Write about your own experiences and maybe link to the stuff others have written that you wish you had.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I have one on msn nothing at all fancy....just people I have meet over the years. There is X content be warned, the link in my profile. It is a private site per msn rules because of nudity & adult content. You have to have msn passport, and just in the note list from cd.com

I'm going to bed goodnight or goodmorning to those just waking up ....
    what a fool I use to be

GypsyKaren
    I have my own site, though I haven't figured out what i want to do with it yet. I also plan to start a blog when I find the time,

GypsyKaren

I created one like 3 years ago.. nothin much there, but much like you I wanted a site all girly and femme.. Hey, at least I have pretty cool animated buttons

http://jo_ann-cd.tripod.com

*needs to put it on a real server, not crappy tripod*

Aspiring Member
    I have my own site which isn't that flash...but I decided early on I'd want to be able to maintain it myself plus I didn't want to spend any money.

I set it up for a few of reasons - first to 'promote myself' and get more contacts - to have some 'street cred' on the 'net for example if you listed on a directory like URNA, Susana Marques or Vicki Rene's POP then a website was pretty much a must. I also wanted to try to develop it as a resource.

It has been reasonably effective at attracting hits and contacts but forums like this one, Roses and others are now a more effective means of finding those you have something in common with and exchanging information and ideas.

And so far as updating and developing - well its one of those 'when I get around to it things' that I rarely summon the enthusiasm to do. But I'm sure I will.

Fiona xx

I have had my site for a while now,,, its on the 3rd or 4th try now

It still has a long way to go,, buttons dont all match etc,, and I have over a years worth of pics to add.

I didnt start it realy as a cd help site rather just a way to show pics of friends and different looks I have tried.

Christine, advise is always welcome tho

Cindy

http://www.cindy8082002.com

I have a lame website and an internet advice column blog both of which I put out there for free thanks to Geocities and Blogspot. Have met some interesting people over the web thru them (and some not-so-desirable people too) and the advice column makes me feel good when I can help a cd'er with some fashion advice, practical tips on passing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by size7satin
    I have one on msn nothing at all fancy....just people I have meet over the years. There is X content be warned, the link in my profile. It is a private site per msn rules because of nudity & adult content. You have to have msn passport, and just in the note list from cd.com

I'm going to bed goodnight or goodmorning to those just waking up ....
    I tried to access your web site but all I got was it was either moved or spelled wrong.

Diana

Oh cindy I like your web site,you are a cutie.

I design and host websites for a number of organisations. I do have my own site but that is kept well away from these for obvious reasons!

As I wanted something simple and straight forward I opted to use geocities to host it, though occasionally it exceeds goecities hourly transfer rate.
    Sally...xx

My flickr pages

I've had my own website for several years now. Nothing fancy, just a whole lot of facts and information for the crossdresser AND for their wives/girlfriends to help those who are struggling with it learn what it is - and more importantly what it ISN'T.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Gray
    As I wanted something simple and straight forward I opted to use geocities to host it, though occasionally it exceeds goecities hourly transfer rate.
    Try a web hosting provider called "Netfirms". They have professional hosting plans and for me - i use their free advertising supported hosting service. You get 25mb capacity, a gig of data tfr per month and it's run off a fast server. I think the free service is wonderful! The ads are not too intrusive either! Here is a link to one of my websites to get an idea of the ads that are applied to the top of each screen page: http://qso-grb.netfirms.com/

Cindy? Ain't nuthin wrong with the content on your website sis! Sure, no-one has a perfect layout and design web page, but i didn't notice that since your images and stories are way too cool to ignore!

Luv Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyfydiana
    I tried to access your web site but all I got was it was either moved or spelled wrong.

Diana
    Sorry hun msn has been hicupping all day. I even had proiblems, the link does work I have approved a few people from here already. You can try again or PM me with your email addy & I will be more then happy to send an invite.
    what a fool I use to be

I love the site Cindy, beautiful pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feels Feminine
    Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    I have had my site for a while now,,, its on the 3rd or 4th try now

It still has a long way to go,, buttons dont all match etc,, and I have over a years worth of pics to add.

I didnt start it realy as a cd help site rather just a way to show pics of friends and different looks I have tried.

Christine, advise is always welcome tho

Cindy

http://www.cindy8082002.com

Enjoyed your website! Noticed you have gone to SSC. Always wanted to attend as Atlanta is not far from me. Maybe you can share some of your experiences while there. Would love to hear Thanks!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't have my own website yet but when I do I'll probably host on this site:

http://www.f2g.net/free/

They have no banner ads at all and your account includes site statistics so you know how many people have been hitting it. The best thing about all of this is it's absolutely FREE!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

come.to/mitzi

Like Cindy, I wanted to be able to post my pics in a chatroom I used to frequent.

I started with Geocities' free webhosting site, using their software to create my site, but got frustrated and wound up learning just enough HTML to design really simple webpages.

That was back in 1999, and viewing the site now, I'm amazed at how young I looked...better get that camera back!!

Mitzi (come.to/mitzi)

Websites

It is interesting to see websites created by other girls... I am a curious one and always enjoy reading the bios of other girls.
    The internet is great...
    How many of you manage a website?
    I just begun so I am not so saby at it yet...
    but would like to share...
    www.angelfire.com/amiga2/cdaleli

would you share yours?

website

I have made my website a record of my dressmaking collection. I usually give my dresses away after 4 outings, so it is a good way to remember my past work. In the introduction I am quite honest in stating that I am a transvestite
    Last edited by jackie66; 01-17-2006 at 05:18 AM.

All Girl Deep Down Inside GiniGirl's Avatar
    I have a small web site. Hope to add some new photo pages after I return from my NY trip and FemmeFever later this month.
    Gini MacRae
    "A Lifelong Lover Of Femininity!"

I have a website with my own domain. You can find it at http://www.joycediane.com. I noticed my photos take forever to come up but other than that I am pretty happy with my website

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi
    Like Cindy, I wanted to be able to post my pics in a chatroom I used to frequent.

I started with Geocities' free webhosting site, using their software to create my site, but got frustrated and wound up learning just enough HTML to design really simple webpages.

That was back in 1999, and viewing the site now, I'm amazed at how young I looked...better get that camera back!!

Mitzi (come.to/mitzi)
    Mitzi
    Quite a wonderfull clothing collection you have!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycediane
    I have a website with my own domain. You can find it at http://www.joycediane.com. I noticed my photos take forever to come up but other than that I am pretty happy with my website
    Looks good, but part of the reason for the slow load (do not know about bandwidth with your host) but several of you pics are actually quite large ~625kb~ and while yes they are "thumbnails" you are actually having to download the large image that is then thumbnailed.

Nice collection you have there..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

I myself don't have a website, but I'll share two of my faves:

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/oomelanie/homepage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/xoxcdstephiexox/

Not bad eh?