Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A question of rank among Veteran Dressers?

Currently serving! E-4 in the Navy, stationed on CVN-75!

I thought I was the only one!! Hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by *Alexia View Post
    Currently serving! E-4 in the Navy, stationed on CVN-75!

I thought I was the only one!! Hehehe!
    Hardly shipmate! After reading through this thread and one last year I've been going through my cruise books with a magnifying glass!

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    I've seen through the posts words like "lowly" or "embarassed". Folks, sorry to say but these words don't fit here. No matter how you served, but the fact that you did, makes all the difference in the world. It is thanks to your service, big or small, that the rest of us can sleep at night and not worry. I think the word of order is more like PRIDE, as I certainly am proud of you all. A big thank you!
    Spot on, Gabi!!! And I second that emotion!!
    Love

Lynne

I wonder how many are on my ship? We currently have close to 4,000 personnel onboard.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Retired O-5, USAF

Proud to serve with you all, sisters!
    Love

Lynne

E-5 Shipfitter, 3yrs 2 months 20 days and a few hrs, hated like every minute. Served most of it on USS Orion AS-18 in Norfolk, VA. After all these years though I'm glad I did it, time must dull memories lol.

I used to decorate my face with camo paint - now it's Dermablend. (sing to "Pop-goes the Weasel")... I don't go out with girls anymore, I live a life of danger, I swing through the trees and play with my gun, weeee I'm a .... You get it. OoooRaaahh......

Michelle

Sgt with the US Marines.still on inactive reserve...ohhhrahh xoxoxoxo Becca
    Be who you are and be happy. Without self satisfaction you will never be truly happy

Becca xoxo
    [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/81239084@N03/[/Urlacher
    My kik is beccacd24

Are Brits allowed? RAF Sgt (E5 I think)... Still active, nearly 20 years now!

Still serving

I served from 82 to 95 in the Army, left the Army in 95 as a Sergeant First Class. In 06 I accepted a direct Commission and currently serving as a senior Captain. I'll make Major in the next year. Sisters, thank you for your service. Brooke.

E-4 US Army, Served for 2 years, 11 months, 22 days, 13 hours and 27 minutes. Except for basic and advanced training I spent all my time in Stuttgart Germany and had a blast. Told the career conselor that I would re-enlist for 6 if the army would put it in writing that the last 3 years of the six, I would be stationed in Bergesgarten, Germany. The army said no way so I said Good Bye.

I ain't even in yet! But considering I'm in the Navy for 6 years as a nuke, I should get pretty high up there. I'm automatically E-3 and guaranteed another promotion after graduating nuke school.

Quote Originally Posted by astropaw View Post
    And your point is? Hooo-Yaaah!
    "In the Navy..." etc., etc.

USAF & USAFR 1989-2011. Retired out at E-7. I know of another USAF member here on the forum that didn't post up yet that got the glory of doing what my wrench turning did to get her there.
    Last edited by Ashlee; 11-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Banned Read only
    Spent two years with a 26 day drop at the end of the tour. I made E-4. I had orders to make E-5 which were effective eight days after my 26 day drop. I felt I did not need to stay around just to make E-5 soft stripe. Infantry in Nam with Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster.

Captain, Combat Engineer, Canadian Army. 8 years in and still many more to go.

Chimo
    Last edited by savvy_fudge; 11-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.

With respect...
    Unfortunately I was 4F...couldn't pass the physical...so to all those who served...for any nation...
    Thank you for your service!
    No closet is big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    Are Brits allowed? RAF Sgt (E5 I think)... Still active, nearly 20 years now!
    Absolutely, thank you for your service across the pond, Canada and all the rest!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMarie View Post
    With respect...
    Unfortunately I was 4F...couldn't pass the physical...so to all those who served...for any nation...
    Thank you for your service!
    That's fine by me, SusanM! I wanted this thread NOT to be a shout out about the services, but to be all about the WONDERFUL men and "women" that have and are serving! That it is still running brings a tear my eye! Because SO MANY of u have checked in. Yet, I KNOW there r many more who r not able to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry I missed this earlier. I hope I'm not too late. I retired as Lt. Col (O-5) from the USAF. I am always pleased to see so many other veterans on the forum. It doesn't matter what your rank/rate was, what mattered was that you were there.

Jaydee

USCG, E-4 from 1964-1968

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Long View Post
    Captain USAF, plot two trips to Vietnam, 13 trips over Cuba 1962
    RF101C pilot?

I left the Air Force after one hitch as an A1C (E4) in 1966, about as high as you could rise in the Air Force as an enlisted man in 4 years until Vietnam. My job was working on aircraft comm/nav gear for our Century Series fighters in Germany and France. A great experience that made a lot that followed in my life possible.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    After reading through this thread and one last year I've been going through my cruise books with a magnifying glass!
    I was cruising through the Karen Serenety website and came across a shipmate from Ranger (CV-61) who has now fully transitioned. I checked my cruisebook and she was on the Airwing Staff. Makes me wonder how many people I have known but never realized were sisters.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by CapHill Kelly View Post
    Makes me wonder how many people I have known but never realized were sisters.
    Me too! From a purely statistical view, there was probably at least one other sister per squadron. As crazy as some of the people I served with were, including some certifiably insane commanding officers, I'm looking at some of the more "normal" shipmates for possible sisters!

Debby

Signalman first class U.S. NAVY. 20yrs. Thanks to all who have and are still serving.