Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
Well, I guess that based on the experience of being "forced" to CD in men's clothes, you'll agree that women's clothes are so much more fun!
It is just kind of a shock to go to such a different state. I've always have been a little "high maintenance"...I don't recognize my nails without polish on them, I always wear gobs of eye makeup, and I don't think I've ever worn clogs a day in my life. So, going to "minimal makeup," no polish, hair slicked back, and somewhat androgynous fashion is more than a little strange. But, as my mom has said, it's time for me to get over it. I see a lot on this forum that women can get away with wearing anything, but I think this is only true if you are a housewife (or, you are self-employed maybe). If you are in a profession, you are expected to look like part of that profession. And, when you spend 12-14 hours in this uniform, it leaves only enough time to fall into your bed clothes when you get home. Luckily, I'm still only looking a mess on Mondays...but, when February rolls around I'll be pulling 12-14 hour days in pretty much an androgynous look. Will I immediately go home, paint my nails, roll my hair and slip into something frilly? No, I'll be going to bed an waiting for the next day to begin.

I know it's probably not people commenting on this thread who aggregate me with how easy GGs have it...how we can "wear what we want" and "get away with anything." But, I see it a lot on this forum.

I tend to consider myself a feminist and surround myself with intellectual people, so I feel like I get pressured from a lot of ends. The feminists I know stand for women having equality, but the way that I choose to dress an behave is sometimes not good enough for them. I'll always be pretty girlie...I'll always be high maintenance...it's how I am and how I choose to be. But, I'm told from them that society makes me think I should look a certain way. Where is my right to look how I want? And, then, if I turn the other way and say that I'm going to be purely intellectual and be judged by only what I say and do, I get burned again. I see on here that GGs don't take the time to look good anymore. It really grinds on my nerves because I feel like telling these people to speak for themselves. I'd say 99% of the GGs I know constantly are obsessed with their looks. In a way, the feminists are right in that it is what society tells us...we "need" to look a certain way. To top it off, you enter a profession and your are assigned to wear what that profession has deemed appropriate to wear. And, I agree with this...my job is to save lives and not look like I am attending a fashion show. But, a part of me is bothered because I still have that pressure building from how I should look, how I want to look, what society says, and what the good strong women say that I desperately want to be accepted by. It isn't a whole lot of fun.

I would tell the CDs that hate on women and say that we have it so easy to take a walk in my shoes...and, I bet they would because they look nice...but, they will find that they sometimes get heavy and blister your feet when you least expect it. Then, maybe they would learn the it isn't always so easy.