Thread: divorce and dressing

divorce and dressing

My wife just left me. totaly unrelated to my dressing. so now I'm free to dress how I want and when. I shaved my legs for the first time and I was surprised at how sore my legs were, but it was worth it, now I have to find wigs and shoes, I think shopping is in my future
    Forever in Lace

I sense the Pink Cloud about to totally envelop you. Keep us posted.

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry your marriage has failed. While I hope you enjoy the newfound freedom to dress, I'd suggest that you devote a good deal of energy into understanding why the relationship failed. It will help you bring closure emotionally speaking, and increase the likelihood of success in future relationships. By all means, take your time - often people rush from one relationship into another...and end up experiencing a series of failures.

Let me make it clear - I'm not suggesting that you were at fault. It takes two to make a divorce and I'm sure that each of you contributed to the result. Its a good time to figure out the part you played and how you might change to avoid a repitition.

Kimdl93. What a thoughtful message you offered. As an outsidered I Thany you for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm sorry your marriage has failed. While I hope you enjoy the newfound freedom to dress, I'd suggest that you devote a good deal of energy into understanding why the relationship failed. It will help you bring closure emotionally speaking, and increase the likelihood of success in future relationships. By all means, take your time - often people rush from one relationship into another...and end up experiencing a series of failures.

Let me make it clear - I'm not suggesting that you were at fault. It takes two to make a divorce and I'm sure that each of you contributed to the result. Its a good time to figure out the part you played and how you might change to avoid a repitition.
    this is a very intelligent and thoughtful post indeed. avoiding a rebound situation, which can manifest itself in many ways (ie overindulgence with shopping ), is very important. sorry to hear of your breakup, i hope you can both find ways to remain friends through it all.

thank you Kimdl93, that was really a good message and I am working through it, I totally agree that I have my share of ownership in the failling of or relationship
    Forever in Lace

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm sorry your marriage has failed. While I hope you enjoy the new found freedom to dress, I'd suggest that you devote a good deal of energy into understanding why the relationship failed. It will help you bring closure emotionally speaking, and increase the likelihood of success in future relationships. By all means, take your time - often people rush from one relationship into another...and end up experiencing a series of failures.

Let me make it clear - I'm not suggesting that you were at fault. It takes two to make a divorce and I'm sure that each of you contributed to the result. Its a good time to figure out the part you played and how you might change to avoid a repetition.
    Good advice, Kim.

Stefanie, sorry to hear about what happened with your wife. Perhaps after some time has passed, you might have a reconciliation. Often, time has healing properties. In the meantime, the plus side of it means that you are able to explore your CDing in ways that you never could before. I'm sure that you will have a great time trying different things. The Pink Fog is very similar to The Pink Sea....you just have to be careful not to swim too far from shore. Sometimes new found freedom to CD can cause unexpected results. Rein it in every so often....your finances will thank you!
    Last edited by Piora; 11-14-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I'm guessing you are pretty okay with your wife leaving you?

Very sorry to hear about the ending of your relationship.

You're in a very similar position to myself (though we weren't married), I'm 4 months into being single, and whilst loosing a relationship is extremely painful, the space to discover who you want to be can make up for it in a small way. Beware though, once you start dressing more you might not be able to stop...

/Katie
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

I find it really sad...........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie_in_Mt View Post
    My wife just left me. totaly unrelated to my dressing. so now I'm free to dress how I want and when. I shaved my legs for the first time and I was surprised at how sore my legs were, but it was worth it, now I have to find wigs and shoes, I think shopping is in my future
    Right on !!! - I think?

PS: You don't have to press that hard, the blades are sharp (and end with some moisturizer)

edit: ok maybe I should have read through the thread before posting, but hey, sh*t happens mine ended after 27yrs
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 11-14-2011 at 01:11 PM.

thanks ladies for the concern and advice.. It is a sad thing and it hurts.. so far we are being nice to each other, I am sad that it happened but I'm looking forward to exploreing my femme side too
    Forever in Lace