Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taking the plunge (long post)

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Fantastic story Lori, I really enjoyed it. The pool analogy is a good one !

Lori

Lovely story. I am not surprised that you found people who were nice and enjoyed your company. You are a person with a true and open heart and I think this shows through however you are dressed.

Great story and you tell it so well I liked reading it so much.

AnitaH

Wow! you are a wonderful writer. I definitelt could picture what you were feeling. Heck I experience that myself and I usually go out alone.... boo Hoo.

Silver Member
    once you start doing it, you wonder why you didn't start sooner--like 15 years ago
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I came to NJ/NYC several years ago, but Denver had some wonderful clubs that were CD friendly. One of my favorites was XTCs, over by 6th Avenue, a great girl bar. The first gay bar I ever went to was BJs, it's still there, that was where I met my first drag queen too. I was 18 years old. Charlies is another classic. Those were some wonderful places. There are some new ones I'd like to visit next time I'm in town. The Denver Detour looks interesting. I remember when the Compound first opened. Back then it was a very friendly place.

Denver has one of the largest GLBT communities in the country, ranging from Broadway to Colorado Blvd and from Alameda to at least Colfax. It looks like it has extended to 17th street.

I really admire your courage. I would have been a nervous wreck and my heels would have wobbled without the alcohol but from the adrenaline coursing through my veins and that is on the walk to the bar. It is the attention from the men that would freak me out because I want it but I don't. Your story is simultaneously my dream and my nightmare, beautifully written. I could see the story unfolding in my minds eye as I read it and became nervous for you, hoping nothing bad was going to happen. A scary story with a happy ending, the best kind. Thank you for sharing it.

So awesome, Lorileah! Super!

Thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Great night and I guess I'm waiting for the time I'll be taking these kind of steps, way to go.

Lori

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Like you I go out alone but only during the day time to the mall or a Kohl's, Walmart etc. Your story and the rich analogies made me feel like I was sitting front row watching your night unfold right before me. Bravo!

Hugs
    Jill

Gold Member
    Good for you Sis...it's about time you got out and had some positive experiences and had people tell you how beautiful you really are. I'm happy to see that you were also treated with respect, and hey, who doesn't like to be flirted with!! Next time, take a few photos so we can see just how gorgeous you looked!!

Enjoyed reading your story. I like the little details.. the feeling of it. Gee... I never would have thought you had never been out alone before as much as you get out. I imagine it is a good thing
    because now it is giving you a new thing to experience and discover. And it sounds like it could not have gone better.

You are smarter than me. I have jumped on the dance floor when asked and made a total fool of myself. I am just too stiff to dance like a girl should. It is one skill
    I would really love to acquire.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

That was such a wonderful story Lorileah! Thank you for sharing your experience, it gives the rest of us hope and a little more courage and confidence. Yes you are beautiful too by the way!
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelia View Post

You are smarter than me. I have jumped on the dance floor when asked and made a total fool of myself. I am just too stiff to dance like a girl should. It is one skill
    I would really love to acquire.

I know! I am going to start practicing at least walking backwards I just don't have the attention span to repeat steps over and over again.

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I have been procrastinating on this for a long time. The original plan 2 1/2 years ago was to get out at least once a month. But things happened. My GF loved me as Lori and she often commented about not having seen Lori for a long time but it was just easier to go as we were. So now I am trying to catch up.

It is so great to have so many friends here. If I can just get two messages out to the members here: Be who you are, enjoy who you are, love yourself and tomorrow isn't a guarantee so grab life while you can. Love conquers all, if you truly love someone little things may be an annoyance but they are just little things in the big picture
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Great story girl. Love the details and the level of acceptance that you have acquired. Now that you've let go of the pool edge (I love the metafor) and have gone swimming, just keep swimming. The hard part is going to be with all this snow. But who cares, just a reason to go out shopping... I've wandered away from the edge of the pool and have found a few other swimmers that want to hand you an andvel. But then there are those that just like to go swimmin' on their own and don't bother the other swimmers....

Now if I can just fit into that bikinni I'm sure to fit into the beach scene...

Renne.....