Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My FFS with Dr. Spiegel...off on a sour note...

Banned Read only
    I wasn't even involved in this thread but you had to go and show my before picture!!!!

Look on the bright side, you've got that lovely smile!
    Sally

And a face only a mother could love!

Gold Member
    Yes, it doesn't look very squirrel-ish.

Fyi...

i found this on speigel's site for those of you freaked out by the monster looking pic julie found..i'm pretty sure its the same person after 2 months

I don't have a before pic...but especially noticeable to me is how female her brow looks...i would speculate that she started in a good place (same as Julie)

In the end, speigel is an excellent surgeon with a great rep for aesthetically good results for people that don't need the whole DR O face crushing experience..

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    FYI, often the residents and fellows are often better at the surgery than the faculty member. Basically because they do it more often. I know that was definitely true when I worked for OB-Gyn at U of Iowa Hospital. You wanted the resident for your vaginal hist or the like.... the famous faculty member may not have done a full surgery in a few years.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    FYI, often the residents and fellows are often better at the surgery than the faculty member. Basically because they do it more often...
    I'm paying Spiegel prices and I damn well better be getting Spiegel...lol

I sure miss my Rhino doc. He gave me the surgery recovery regimen of Arnica Montana for free. It starts the night before surgery and goes for four days. The only clinically proven supplement to reduce bruising and swelling. Spiegel recommends it too, but I had to order it on my own this time...

http://www.alpinepharm.com/

Coda...
    Ughhhh, had to go off hormones...two weeks before...this is torture...so depressed and tired...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ughhhh, had to go off hormones...two weeks before...this is torture...so depressed and tired...
    I am SOOOOO NOT looking forward to that!

I will be going under the knife with Dr Zukowski next March and I can hardly wait. One thing I really don't understand is why we have to stop hormones before surgery? Is this just some blanket over cautious rule or is there a legitimate reason for it?
    Cara

Semi Sane innocent angel
    This my latest pic of Julie. I would get close to her.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    I will be going under the knife with Dr Zukowski next March and I can hardly wait. One thing I really don't understand is why we have to stop hormones before surgery? Is this just some blanket over cautious rule or is there a legitimate reason for it?
    Cara
    I'm guessing the big risk is dvt (deep vein thrombosis) of exogenous hormones. Dr. Bowers and Dr. Spiegel (trans patients) required/require cessation of hormones. Dr. Moncure and Dr. Kriet (mostly cis gendered patients) did not. In all cases so far though, I got put in compression stockings and got a nice shot of heparin in my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    This my latest pic of Julie. I would get close to her.
    only problem is that is a machine gun not a sniper rifle......just sayin!

Coda...
    What a flippin' hassle. The Doctor's office is in Brookline. The Hospital is in South Boston. The Intern office is in a THIRD place...Moakley Building. Have to go back and forth between all these places. I don't know how much walking I can do and getting on and off and transferring train lines. A fortune if I use cabs or rent a car. Very, very patient unfriendly so far...

Happy Thanksgiving to a pretty squirrel who appears will miss Turkey Day. I think that your other animal kingdom friends will really miss you. I know that I will. Good luck again and start thinking positively. Hugs and stuff.

Coda...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    only problem is that is a machine gun not a sniper rifle......just sayin!
    OK April, after seeing your new avatar and hearing you say you are going for major, major work as a public service announcement I have to say...ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???!!! Your chin and cheeks and lip and browbone are perfect. All you would benefit from is a scalp advance and a rhinoplasty. My friend Suzanne went to Spiegel and that is exactly what she had (well and a lip lift too). Only soft tissue work. And she is gorgeous...again it is a public domain photo on Spiegel's site.

YOU...DON'T...NEED...BONE...WORK...OR...IMPLANTS.. .

Tough love...

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to a pretty squirrel who appears will miss Turkey Day. I think that your other animal kingdom friends will really miss you. I know that I will. Good luck again and start thinking positively. Hugs and stuff.
    Thanks that brought a smile to my face...
    Last edited by Zenith; 01-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    Cara
    There is a legit reason.

Due to the nature of artificial hormones (HRT), MTF's are at a greater risk for all types of blood clots. Hence the request to stop them prior to surgery. Doc's who do not request this either don't know the patient is TS or are being less careful than they should. Smoking is also a similar risk by the by, you should stop prior to any major surgery. Many of the SRS docs will not do the surgery if you are a regular smoker (and they know that).
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

OK April, after seeing your new avatar and hearing you say you are going for major, major work as a public service announcement I have to say...ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???!!! Your chin and cheeks and lip and browbone are perfect. All you would benefit from is a scalp advance and a rhinoplasty)
    well I will take that as a compliment, thank you. However I did see Spiegel in person and felt confident in his assessment. Maybe I need to post a profile pic taken with a better camera and then you will see the brow bone. He said the chin was optional but that I would be pleased with the results. I have decided against fat implants and He didn't feel I needed a lip lift.
    To answer your question, am I out of my mind? Only for the last 35 years ; )

Maybe I need to post a profile pic taken with a better camera and then you will see the brow bone.
    Let me throw something in here. Zenith and I have chatted on FB and each of us has told the other that FFS may not even be necessary. (I sincerely think she has a great face) I have also chatted with April a few times on webcam and I will attest that she is indeed very cute and could also probably get by without FFS. (though she seems to think I could use some work)

None of this matters.

When I look in the mirror I see a dude and that's why I'm getting FFS as soon as I can. (April 17th in fact) Zenith and April are pretty, but my opinion will not deter them from what they feel they need to do, just as nothing will deter me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I hope the best and a speedy recovery for you...praying that all goes well and you heal quickly...

Coda...
    well I will take that as a compliment, thank you...
    Did you think it was an insult?

Good points Melissa. I guess I'm not a big fan of scorched earth FFS, unless one really needs it. That's why I'm doing just a few major procedures and then stepping back and re-evaluating. Gals, don't ruin your good features in the quest for ideal female, you end up looking artificial and samey.

...end up looking artificial and samey.
    Yes, please only do as much as preserves your youness. Because you are so effing cute already, all of you. I might even include myself, after a well-mixed Manhattan or three. Some radical FFS jobs make young gals resemble those wealthy matrons with too much money and time who have their faces done again whenever they get bored.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Coda...
    A bit glib, but thought this was an appropriate quote about moderation in FFS...(sorry about the size)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's easy to remember when your confidence slips.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Coda...
    I had planned on doing a full account with pics, but there is another FFS thread in Special Events. So it seems terribly redundant. Thanks for all the well wishes. The highlight of the trip is I will get to meet several gals up in the New England area. And a couple of them are being spectacular in their offers of time and help. Not really sure how I can thank them, but I'll try. I really do see us helping one another on a regular basis, and that is pretty neat.