Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My FFS with Dr. Spiegel...off on a sour note...

Good luck, heal well and have the best time you can. Looking forward to the after pictures (which should be wonderful!).

Hey babe, I wish you all that comes with feeling of finality approaching near. I can not express the beauty I feel (and I am not talking skin deep stuff) the serenity of being ME, the feeling of rightfulness surrounding my every effort.
    You will be fine, in the hands of skilled surgeons, "everything for a reason hon"!
    And looking at your pics, even though I fully understand that only combination of profile with frontal image make for a real presentation, you already have a superb foundation for beauty to be sculpted further from within.
    Good luck babe from your sis who knows what "having your head run over with the truck" means

Love, Inna.

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    ...Good luck babe from your sis who knows what "having your head run over with the truck" means

Love, Inna.
    I may not know what it feels like to "having your head run over with the truck" (yet). Got a wee bit of that with my Chondrolaryngeoplasty and Rhinoplasty. But remember I have had SRS. I know what it feels like to be having an alligator going down on you...and other best unmentioned joys...

I'm glad your level of accommodations and post op care were so good. That is unheard of in the US unfortunately.

I did the reverse of most transitions. (SRS, then FFS) Be interesting topic as to which is more life affirming. Probably highly dependent on the individual.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I did the reverse of most transitions. (SRS, then FFS) Be interesting topic as to which is more life affirming. Probably highly dependent on the individual.
    From my personal experience, I would say FFS is more life affirming. I selected FFS first and feel it impacted the way others see me way more than SRS did.

Coda...
    Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. I just have to say I am amazed at the warmness of the people in the area. Looks like I will get to meet several sisters. One from the forum is helping me during early recovery. Another from the forum is opening up her home for a few days. I don't know how to say thanks...
    Last edited by Zenith; 11-28-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Coda...
    Here with Stephanie S, (lovies...lol). Seriously though she has put up with my freaking out with great calm. Had a great final day in Boston. Dr. Spiegel and 2 fellows will be doing my surgery, and he added a couple of procedures. Temporal dermal fat graft and some bone work at the nose transition to open my eyes...almost like a blehoplasty. Should be interesting...*gulp*

You have my very best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I can't wait to see if it was actually possible for you to be even prettier.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Good luck and be calm. You are with some of the best people in their field.
    Sally

Silver Member
    Best wishes to you

Coda...
    Son of a bitch...owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

You're alive! Hooray!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Wow, feel better soon!!!

Don't try to be the tough chic. Use any painkillers they give you! Glad to hear from you even though.....
    Sally

get well soon sis upload some pictures huggs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just be careful, when you get up to pee, make sure your legs can support you. I remember the feeling.......whoooooly S@#@$!%^ I got no legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And every time I would look down I would have a feeling of my brain sliding out.............oooops.....what's that thing on the floor

Ask for Morphine, there is always a chance you may get it

LUV YA!

Yeah, you hurt like hell and you're ugly, ugly, ugly!

Of course, before long, the pain will be gone and you will be even more gorgeous than you already were.

I'm hoping that "before long" happens real soon, Julie.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Well Julie, the pain could have been worse if you actually paid to have your face hit with a baseball bat. OH YOU DID PAY....holy crap. What are those people called that "love" pain...the more the better?

Seriously though, I am sure the end result will be worth every moment of discomfort you had to endure. Where's the final pic?

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Just be careful, when you get up to pee, make sure your legs can support you. I remember the feeling.......whoooooly S@#@$!%^ I got no legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And every time I would look down I would have a feeling of my brain sliding out.............oooops.....what's that thing on the floor

Ask for Morphine, there is always a chance you may get it

LUV YA!
    I did get IV Morphine and well...it made me so naseous they had to follow it with a chaser. I nearly got addicted to the stuff in Trinidad. I sure don't recommend it...

Julie, hey babe, hope your recovery is swift!! you'll definitely be one of the cuties here, hell you were hot before!! I know how long and hard you've worked at this, your almost there, a couple more weeks to heal and the person thats been in your heart all these years will finally be looking back through the mirror love ya sis, take care! always your friend Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Coda...
    Stephanie S told me the first 24 hours or so are hell, and every day after is a gift. That's accurate. Looking in the mirror is freaking me out. One thing between the incisions in the scalp line, the staples, and the matting/tangling, you do lose a lot of hair. Will prolly need a cut, but hoping most will grow back.

It will..but it takes some time...i lost my natural widow's peak..

I hope you feel better and better

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    .i lost my natural widow's peak..
    Really? Hmm! something to look forward to.

which reminds me when i was a kid my sisters told me I had a widows peak. I thought that because it had the word "widow" in it that meant it was a female trait. I was excited about that until i explained my reasoning to my sisters and they said "no dumbass only boys have widows peaks" I was devastated! LOL

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    It will..but it takes some time...i lost my natural widow's peak..

I hope you feel better and better
    That's the goal, you want a nice round female scalpline. Though the temporary loss of hair is considerable. Things are waking up and I feel like scratching my face off...o_O. Still cannot thank Stephanie S enough for everything, even waiting with me presurgery at 6 am. And Angel for opening her home. It's so nice here. There are some truly awesome members on the forums...
    Last edited by Zenith; 12-04-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Silver Member
    So I am home again after a fun (for me) few days in Boston with Julie. Julie is a lovely young woman with GORGEOUS hair that she loves to flip and fling about like a fashion model. I am SO jealous.

We both visited Dr Spiegel that first afternoon at his new digs in Chestnut Hill. The girls in the office gave us a certificate good for a nice discount at a beautiful spa nearby so I got a pedicure while Julie got a shampoo and blow dry. Ahh, luxury.

We had a wonderful pre-op dinner at the Union Oyster House. How does someone from the midwest (Julie) know anything about restaurants in Boston? Well she did. It was great and we sat right across from President Kennedy's reserved booth.

Then off to BUMC in the early morning for check-in. They told me to come back at 11AM. Well I did, but Julie was in NO condition to visit. I decided to go down to Quincy Market to walk around. On the way I passed the Boston OWS tent city so I parked the car and walked back to see it. I felt so touristy that I asked a gentleman who was washing dishes if I could help. So my new friend Bill and I washed dishes for almost two hours. I had a ball.

Then back to BUMC to find Julie out of PACU and up in her room on the 8th floor. All Dr S's patients end up on the 8th floor. She was still kinda out of it. She couldn't really talk but she did get up to pee which was really good for her. John, her nurse, was very considerate and I could tell he was trying hard to care for her. That evening I took off to visit my friend Maureen. She was not home so I came back to Boston for the night.

The guys at the front desk told me on the phone that I could not visit until 12 noon. By that time Julie was recovered enough to be ready and anxious to leave. Check out was easy and we made it back to the motel. Poor Julie was skating that thin line between pain relief and nausea. The more pain meds she took, the more nauseous she became. No fun at all.

By noon the next day, Julie's friend Angel arrived to take Julie to her home in western Mass. I beat it back to Vermont.

Julie is (was) really cute to begin with. Dr Spiegel's work was obvious and shone through the swelling. She is gonna be absolutely gorgeous. I could see the results clearly when she took the bandages off to clean the incision. Throughout the whole ordeal Julie met each new challenge with grace and (mostly) good humor. She is a lovely young woman.

Stephie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 12-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Coda...
    Lol Steph...yeah I was pretty scared, naseous, and sleep deprived and did get a little snarly. But I am so thankful you came up and helped. Hope we can do some purely fun stuff again soon.

"Lovies". *wink* *wink* :")