Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My FFS with Dr. Spiegel...off on a sour note...

Silver Member
    OMG, dear. I would NEVER describe you as "snarly".

S

Squirrels can be snarly sometimes!

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Squirrels can be snarly sometimes!
    Oh? Really?

Especially when they get stuck in your house when they would really like to be foot loose and fancy free outside. Yes, very snarly.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 12-05-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Julie -- I hope you are feeling better by now and that your recovery continues without any problems. Just take care.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Coda...
    Right now fatigue is the major issue. Pain and nausea diminised, digestion system online. You are going to want as much post op time and care as you can arrange...

wow Julie another milestone! I dont keep up much with the forum but definitively best wishes for a healthy & speedy recovery & thanks for keeping us updated! Take care

Hey Julie, Zenith, Squirrel....................Am I missing something...oh it must be all that bone was taken out

All that pain and I bet if you had to do it again you would......such is pursuit of true self, unmistakable and real!
    Snarly or not, you gonna be a knockout babe!

LUV, Inna

Coda...
    I swear today I can feel that titanium plate...(not all surgeons do this, and the endoscopic ones never)...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I swear today I can feel that titanium plate...
    At least when aliens invade they won't be able to read your mind!
    Sally

I swear today I can feel that titanium plate...(not all surgeons do this, and the endoscopic ones never)...
    is that just an observation or is it a bad thing?

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    is that just an observation or is it a bad thing?
    I trust Spiegel with him being chief of craniofacial at Boston Medical. He feels an endoscopic technique cannot determine the thickness of the browbone and can compromise the sinus cavity. So you get a fully opened forehead and screws and plates. The pain is a bit higher but you can get rid of a lot more bone. Either or, you pick and takes your chances...

I would also add that the initial stuff that made me pissy about Spiegel is forgotten. He added a considerable amount of work to make the transition to my lower face at no extra charge. And sent me flowers!
    Last edited by Zenith; 12-07-2011 at 02:21 PM.

You definitely deserve flowers Julie! I am glad that you are back and hope all is going well for you. Now when recovered, you need a trip out west away from all that cold and misery. You will definitely have a very good tour guide and conversationalist to get you around.

OMG, Julie, you've been through a lot. I'm sure it will all be worth it though. I can't wait to see pictures when you're ready.

...You have a titanium plate in your head? That's fascinating. Will it set off metal detectors in airports? Now will you be able to mess with those annoying Transportation Security people?

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    OMG, Julie, you've been through a lot. I'm sure it will all be worth it though. I can't wait to see pictures when you're ready.

...You have a titanium plate in your head? That's fascinating. Will it set off metal detectors in airports? Now will you be able to mess with those annoying Transportation Security people?
    I don't think so since it's nonmagnetic. Will ask if it shows up on scanners. Do know if they get smug with me, they will see way fast I have a vagina. (post-op)

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Don't worry, I've been thru those scanners both as pre** and post op, they don't care either way. Of course, they really don't care about visible surgery hardware -- they see that stuff all day long

Congrats on coming thru this surgery so well

** the TSA folks treated me very politely, and as a female - there was no delay in processing even though the person reading the scan could obviously see the "difference"
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I think if they're going to scan you, they should at least give you a souvenir copy.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I trust Spiegel with him being chief of craniofacial at Boston Medical. He feels an endoscopic technique cannot determine the thickness of the browbone and can compromise the sinus cavity. So you get a fully opened forehead and screws and plates. The pain is a bit higher but you can get rid of a lot more bone. Either or, you pick and takes your chances...

I would also add that the initial stuff that made me pissy about Spiegel is forgotten. He added a considerable amount of work to make the transition to my lower face at no extra charge. And sent me flowers!
    You really sound happy about how everything turned out. I can't wait to see the end results.
    Michelle

Coda...
    Well a quick update for those who aren't on FB. I'm still thinking about posting some hospital shots that Steph took. Was a rough night a week or so ago...

Seemed like forever to get the sutures and staples out today. So nice not to have those little metal bas***ds in my skull. But some sutures pulled. So I got multiple lidocaine injections in my head. Then a bunch of new lovely self dissolving sutures. I felt the damn needle. The docs were very thrilled with the healing otherwise. Spiegel wants me to send pics, he literally said ; "...you are our cover model..." haha

The TSA was not thrilled about my cold gel pack. Even though it fit in the TSA bag. So I got the works. Twice. With body scanner. But yah, a male TSA agent unpacking my vaginal dilator from it's case, WILL drop it like a hot rock when told what it is. So funny. I guess.

Did ask for special needs on the flight. Got moved to an aisle by myself right behind first class with a ton of legroom. And got to board first. Weird getting on the plane all by myself. Glad though that I didn't have to dodge people swinging carry ons into overhead bins.

So I'm home with a sore and stinging head. Will try to update again soon...

Ugh.

So are you saying you didn't skip up and down the center aisle singing, "I Feel Pretty"?

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Welcome home Julie. Go slow, sleep well, dream of us and please feed the squirrel. Hugs and stuff.

Coda...
    Quote Originally Posted by LALady View Post
    So are you saying you didn't skip up and down the center aisle singing, "I Feel Pretty"?

Lallie
    Yeah sure, like those gals skipping down the hospital corridor at the end of the week of their SRS. I collapsed in the shower. I hate to be the reality check, but transition is a not all rainbows and lollipops (God I sound like another longtime member here).

I didn't expect to be pretty soon, or really ever. But you just get tired of looking like Frankenstein. Oh well, maybe my mood will change later. Doesn't help that my hair is a matted mess of squirrel fur.

...transition is a not all rainbows and lollipops...
    I think I'm catching on: forget lavender and moonbeams, too, 'cause these goofy trans-surgeries are more like being drawn and quartered. Mama!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Coda...
    Here I am couple days post op and 9 days post op. No makeup whatsoever, wet matted hair, eyebrows needing care...swelling going down every day...
    Last edited by Zenith; 01-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Coda...
    Two more...scar and a close up webcam...tonight (9 days)
    Last edited by Zenith; 01-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.