Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: reincarnation and gender preference/sexual preference

Reincarnation is like the lottery: I don't know but it is fun to speculate. For me I am debating between a Maurice Richard or a Marie-Claude Bourbonnais.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I had a girl friend who practiced yoga, not only the physical stretching one, but also the more serious and spiritual meditation type. She believed in reincarnation as part of the being's self actualization. Doing well in one life promotes one to a higher level in the next life. As part of the process, one could come back as any type of living animal, humans being in the higher forms because of our ability to think. She explained that if one acts bad the being could come back in a lower life form, meaning that they would have to earn through living a good life that they deserve to be reincarnated in a higher form. It was complicated and I am sure that I am mis-stating some of it here. But those interested in that concept, would do well to do some research. I personally believe that just about anything is possible in this world since we know so little about anything based on how long that man has occupied this earth. We also use very little of our minds capabilities. So, I think that we have a long way to go to uncover more about what is capable of happening to, with and by man.
    i would say that this also ties in with karma if you believe in that. i believe that karma can be considered the universal law of cause and effect. some people think that if you steal an old lady's purse then karma will have a bus run over you. i think it's much more subtle than that. i think that karma is just the good or bad results you have from making either good or bad choices in life. and yes self-realization and self actualization play a major role in this. four years ago, i made a conscious decision to let my talents and abilities flourish and let them drive my life. i can say without a doubt that this has been the best period of my life. best job performance and prosperity, best results from creative endeavors and lastly best time in my life where i've accumulated material items.. i think the result of me making good choices over the last years has resulted in a better life.
    man, i feel like a woman

Yes... I feel I was a woman in another life...............
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Cassandra, I believe some in the pay it forward concept. Do something nice for someone today and don't expect any return kindness, i.e. do not do it for the thank yous and compliments that you did something nice. Just do it because it is the right and good thing to do. That being said, I always seem to have some good fortune when I least expect it, sometimes when I need it and other times when I do not. Since starting dressing just a few years ago without questioning it and just embracing it, I can say that I am at one of my happiest times in my life, free the mind and liberate the soul. The type of yoga I was referencing does not claim to be a religion though they do have some religious type customs/rituals that one is asked to practice that are very similar to the Catholic's sign of the cross. They respect all religions and consider themselves beneficial to them and even to no religious people's lives.

Aspiring Member
    The Bible is clear on this: God has appointed it for man to live once and after that he shall face the ultimate judgement for all eternity. Hebrews 9:3

Who is to say with absolute certainty, what happens after we are completely dead?
    The only recorded survivors of death were Lazarus (3 days), and Jesus (3 days).
    Jesus didn't say much, but suggested that heaven was something we couldn't even imagin.
    Lazarus may have said something, but his book wasn't included in the New Testament.
    Maybe we have a number of different options, based on how we've lived this life.

Anything beyond that belongs in the other forum.

Awesome topic!

I believe in reincarnation too, but I consider myself to be a follower of "Christ Consciouness" versus "Christian." This is due to my own personal spiritual experiences. It's relevant to this forum of cross dressing from the point of view that there seems to be something in our souls that "speaks out" when we're dressed like women. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Paulette

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Cassandra, I believe some in the pay it forward concept. Do something nice for someone today and don't expect any return kindness, i.e. do not do it for the thank yous and compliments that you did something nice. Just do it because it is the right and good thing to do. That being said, I always seem to have some good fortune when I least expect it, sometimes when I need it and other times when I do not. Since starting dressing just a few years ago without questioning it and just embracing it, I can say that I am at one of my happiest times in my life, free the mind and liberate the soul. The type of yoga I was referencing does not claim to be a religion though they do have some religious type customs/rituals that one is asked to practice that are very similar to the Catholic's sign of the cross. They respect all religions and consider themselves beneficial to them and even to no religious people's lives.
    i've always practiced that as well. doing good just for the benefit for the good. however in recent years i've learned to temper that as people tend to take kindness as a sign of weakness. i cannot tell you how empowering this is. doing good for people or situations that will just take advantage of you is not good. some might call it enabling. i think part of self-realization is knowing that sometimes you just have to say no.
    man, i feel like a woman

Cassandra, I think I understand what you are saying. I help someone when I feel that I need and want to, no pre-tempering involved. Maybe it is similar to what you do. However, for me, it is normally a spur of the moment thing without any fore thought, weeding out, nor weighing the pros and cons. I feel like I can help at that moment and so I do, whether it is paying the bridge toll for the car behind me, buying a coffee for someone in the line behind me, or just helping someone when I can. That being said, the main point is the more in depth meditation style yoga, with their different Masters and Gurus and different styles with their followings, believe in reincarnation. This is their thoughts and a few others into different styles of spiritualism, which does not necessarily have to revolve around religions, though I believe that it can with some. So yes the Bible says a lot of things and you believe what you believe literally or interpretively. I am definitely not the religion expert. As many have said here, who really knows what happens after death? Maybe the Shadow knows?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think the Eastern philosophies that incorporate reincarnation in their beliefs think that coming back in human form is the TOP of the reincarnation pyramid!

So, when u come back the next time, u must start at the bottom again! Think; ant, roach, grasshopper, bee, etc.

Personally, u can believe in fairies, Santa Claus, flying unicorns, trolls, ghosts, whatever u like! And, I'm FINE with it! Until u try to sign ME up! While I LOVE fantasies and fairy tales, I stopped believing in them a long time ago!

It saddens me when I think of all the lost souls who waste their lives waiting for; happiness, satisfaction, success, etc. to come in their next one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm not a believer in reincarnation, but I still want to comeback as a woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

i have several reasons for believing. i believe that a person's soul is an energy force that powers your body. once the body is worn out it dies, but the soul i believe continues to live on.
    As a mainstream heathen and retired science teacher I can provide you with a scientific basis for your belief:

The First Law of Thermodynamics states "ENERGY can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change form."

Sherry, that is what I thought too. But from what my girlfriend told me, once one gets to the human form is where the real work starts as one needs to work toward the self realization/self actualization with all of this worlds distractions and pressures to succeed. Have a bad life and maybe one comes back as a human but born into a tougher life with all the challenges to overcome and difficulties to become a good person, not necessarily a wealthy one. A high level is a guru who has concern for others before himself (sounds like Christianity there) and let all those material "things", attitudes and beliefs go away. I may be making some errors in these explanations because I do not practice this, but do understand a little about it. Anyway, since I have somehow become more spiritual since I started dressing and as I get older and hopefully wiser, I am starting to learn more about myself and others. So, the Eastern philosophies are starting to sound more interesting and applicable to me.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    The Bible is clear on this: God has appointed it for man to live once and after that he shall face the ultimate judgement for all eternity. Hebrews 9:3
    Well, ladies, there you are then. Only one go-round as a man! You can expect the rest of the reincarnation cycles to be female!

Lea

We believe in reincarnation. My wife regularly jokes that in next life she would like to my Hubby!!!!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I believe in re-intarnation; the concept that I'm coming back as a hillbilly.
    Oh! Oh! That's awesome sometimes_miss!! I loved that one! I'm writing that down right now....

On the thread: As an atheist, I cannot accept the idea of reincarnation. It's a lovely idea for a story, but not in reality. My own opinion, of course.

I wonder how this thread has lasted so long, as anything that really doesn't hold to the theme of the MtFCDing Forum usually gets yanked. Even although there is a notion about coming back as a woman, or even causing something gender-related - it's really not about CDing. Just my
    Last edited by Piora; 11-17-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Semi Sane innocent angel
    re-intarnation ? You mean I have to come back to this place ?
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I see a lot of dirrerent reaponses Cass but in the end it is what it is regardless of what anyone thinks or believes. I guess we find out for sure then. Until that time, let's enjoy being ourselves.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was a definitely gg in a previous life - I stepped outta line somewhere and got sent down to the minors. I'm trying my best to act like a good girl. Hopefully I'll get called back up to the majors with the rest of the women next time around

Aspiring Member
    I think this is all crap.

I can't fathom the self-proclaimed Christians who latch on to this theory (or karma) as a tenet to their faith when it is antithetical to everything delineated in that faith. It's more cherry picking and seems like it's just a way to get another go around to prove you're worthy to an afterlife of reward instead of punishment. Or for the karmic stuff, game theory explains this very well with regards to other people and does it really surprise you that make positive choices have positive outcomes? Really?

This is religion, not a specific dogma, but a tenet.

If a soul is immaterial, than it is not material, ergo it is not a measurable thing, such as energy or matter. Therefore, you can not apply scientific theory of thermodynamics to something that doesn't stand up to any other science. Even energy in a power grid disappates because it gets transformed into heat energy due to friction, but that doesnt inviolate the law. If science discovers a genetic or developmental component to gender identity, will you ignore it or simply roll that into a part of the genome where the reincarnated soul sits? Personally, i find it absurd and rude to assume we do this because of a previous life. It removes the repercussions, will, and serious issues associated with us (CD to TS) and defaults them to something undiscoverable, unprovable, and preposterous.

If you believe in reincarnation, how to reconcile sheer numbers? There are 7 billion people alive right now (high estimates of about 108 billion births since 50000 BC), while 150 years ago, there were 1 billion in the population. Are all these souls for population growth sitting in a bullpen, never gone out yet? if so, why do those going around more than once so far get that right? Or is the inviolate soul shattering in each generation becoming divisible? Or have we all gone out an equal number of times since we were first walking on the savannah? (That would be 2.5 chances in the past 52000 years, which sucks given stillbirth & infant mortality, assuming you get a soul during one trimester or another. So odds are, this is your first life actually alive and doing something.)

If being smarter is a indicator of enlightentment (and Steve Jobs' pride, a sin or sin equivalent, effectively killed him), why so more scientists, nobel prize winners, and other people of high IQ have an inverse proportion of atheists:theists than the regular population? Does having a better soul remove your belief in it?

Live this life to the fullest. It's all you get. And even if I am wrong (doubtful), you don't get to remember the other ones anyway.

Other notes from the thread:
    The concept that we only use part of our brain has been debunked.
    Anything being possible is not the same as anything being probable.
    Thats not Hebrews 9:3, that's more like Hebrews 9:27. There are also plenty of other anti reincarnation quotes from Matthew and Luke. What will you cherry pick? Job in the Old Testament has both for and against!
    Last edited by Mikaela; 11-17-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by joanna marie View Post
    As a mainstream heathen and retired science teacher I can provide you with a scientific basis for your belief:

The First Law of Thermodynamics states "ENERGY can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change form."
    actually the more i've learned about things like physics, electronics ( i have an aas in electronics and computer technology from DeVry), the unexplained and paranormal, along with not one but two visits to Chichen Itza and one to Tulum in Mexico, my belief in a higher being or creator is even more profound and real than all the years I attended Church on a regular basis.

you are right, energy can neither be created or destroyed. the human body does carry a small amount of current. it can be measured. we use AEDs to jump start a person's heart when it stops beating. could this current in our bodies be the soul? one that that is certain is that this small amount of current in our bodies never needs to be replenished. hence the human life form is perhaps perfect and the only perpetual motion machine known to exist. granted the human body dies after many, almost or more than 100 years, but think of all the constant and repetitive tasks and motions tat it performs in it's lifetime. noting we've ever created can rival the machinery that we know as the human body.

i think it is entirely possible that this current is never destroyed, just like much of the unused electricity goes back onto the power grid.

well this is certainly getting to be a very deep and philosophical thread to say the least.
    man, i feel like a woman

Aspiring Member
    Our current is due to ionic cellular processes; so everything alive from an amoeba to a zebra has this electric potential. Then again, so does jar of electrolytes. Oh wait, I just described a battery. I guess my flashlight has a soul, too.

Um yes, the current does regenerate and replace or else we'd be dead because its an offshoot of metabolism. If you don't respire and eat appropriate food, it stops. Let me clarify myself....
    If you don't ingest food (as opposed to say, inert things), an energy source, you die. You don't have a beating heart because of magic.

Stop twisting fragments of misunderstood science to fit your belief.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I think this is all crap.

I can't fathom the self-proclaimed Christians who latch on to this theory (or karma) as a tenet to their faith when it is antithetical to everything delineated in that faith. It's more cherry picking and seems like it's just a way to get another go around to prove you're worthy to an afterlife of reward instead of punishment. Or for the karmic stuff, game theory explains this very well with regards to other people and does it really surprise you that make positive choices have positive outcomes? Really?

This is religion, not a specific dogma, but a tenet.

If a soul is immaterial, than it is not material, ergo it is not a measurable thing, such as energy or matter. Therefore, you can not apply scientific theory of thermodynamics to something that doesn't stand up to any other science. Even energy in a power grid disappates because it gets transformed into heat energy due to friction, but that doesnt inviolate the law. If science discovers a genetic or developmental component to gender identity, will you ignore it or simply roll that into a part of the genome where the reincarnated soul sits? Personally, i find it absurd and rude to assume we do this because of a previous life. It removes the repercussions, will, and serious issues associated with us (CD to TS) and defaults them to something undiscoverable, unprovable, and preposterous.

If you believe in reincarnation, how to reconcile sheer numbers? There are 7 billion people alive right now (high estimates of about 108 billion births since 50000 BC), while 150 years ago, there were 1 billion in the population. Are all these souls for population growth sitting in a bullpen, never gone out yet? if so, why do those going around more than once so far get that right? Or is the inviolate soul shattering in each generation becoming divisible? Or have we all gone out an equal number of times since we were first walking on the savannah? (That would be 2.5 chances in the past 52000 years, which sucks given stillbirth & infant mortality, assuming you get a soul during one trimester or another. So odds are, this is your first life actually alive and doing something.)

If being smarter is a indicator of enlightentment (and Steve Jobs' pride, a sin or sin equivalent, effectively killed him), why so more scientists, nobel prize winners, and other people of high IQ have an inverse proportion of atheists:theists than the regular population? Does having a better soul remove your belief in it?

Live this life to the fullest. It's all you get. And even if I am wrong (doubtful), you don't get to remember the other ones anyway.

Other notes from the thread:
    The concept that we only use part of our brain has been debunked.
    Anything being possible is not the same as anything being probable.
    Thats not Hebrews 9:3, that's more like Hebrews 9:27. There are also plenty of other anti reincarnation quotes from Matthew and Luke. What will you cherry pick? Job in the Old Testament has both for and against!

well i cannot speak for any others who are very smart, enlightened as you say and who are atheists. i do know that believing in a higher power defies logic, but as for me, someone who has an i.q. higher than 130, my belief in God has not diminished, but rather has increased a great deal as i've become more enlightened and aware of more things over my years here on earth. i do not profess to know all the answers and i am just throwing a theory out there. i can trade all kind of quotes as well as you can, but in the end, no-one knows for sure.

i have a friend who responded to these kinds of discussions with the phrase, "the one thing i know is i don't know". this is true and just as it's true that we don't know that something is true or not, we cannot say that it is false.

you are right, the world population is increasing. people are living longer and i think the supply of energy in the universe is unlimited. perhaps some souls do die off, perhaps some people only live once, and there you go. more fuel for the fire

one thing that is certain is that i've enjoyed this thread.
    thanks for weighing in.
    man, i feel like a woman

Aspiring Member
    I don't like bringing in personal anecdotes into these sorts of things because then it makes it look personal, and this isn't. I don't believe in personal attacks, whether it is a forum rule or not. But for sake of argument, -you- don't count, statistically speaking.

I didn't say all smart people are atheists, but the percentages are inverse. There are plenty of articles on religiosity versus intelligence and most models have strong correlation. In March, this article made big political news: http://www.repealcreationism.com/508...te-scientists/

I didn't attack you, but I attacked your argument and your response is effectively a shrug and a response that we can't know everything. Agreed, but not knowing the absolute answer doesn't mean we can not be rational or make judgements on probability.

Not knowing an answer does not mean the odds of it being true or false are 50%. I don't have absolute proof that vampires don't exist, but the odds of them being more than a story make it pretty hard to believe otherwise. Plenty of people go to church, but not many wear garlic around their necks. I guess if their crucifix is silver, they are already covered. Replace vampires with unicorns, fairies, loch ness monster, bigfoot, jersey devil, santa claus, chernebog, odin, yahweh, easter bunny, etc as you wish.

"supply of energy in the universe is unlimited" is emphatically disproven. In fact, it is disproven by the thermodynamic laws previously quoted.

And if you take it back to Christianity, thinking that souls dying off is heresy as well.

Like I said, you can't have it both ways. Going to use science? Be rational and go all the way through your suppositions. Taking it all on faith, or mixing and matching religions? Then why bother calling it Christianity?
    —Mikaela

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I can't remember what I had for breakfast, so there's no way I'm going to figure out who or what I may have been in a previous life. Going the other direction I do keep a planner where I sometimes fill up pages with all sorts of ideas and committments and occasionally keep those committments. I figured if I was good and reincarnation was in my future, maybe I could come back as a raven flying through the red rock canyons of the Colorado Plateau or a coyote singing to the moon out in the desert some place. I've had my fun as a human thank you, don't send me back here. If I came back as a woman I'd probably end up having 12 kids, all of them difficult and voting Republican.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.