Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever shopped in drab and then left the store dressed as a woman?

Have you ever shopped in drab and then left the store dressed as a woman?

I was wondering if anyone has entered the store dressed in drab "male type" clothes and then purchased a feminine wardrobe and then wore it out of the store. I have put the clothes on after I have purchased them and then I put my drab clothes back over them. I keep dreaming of the day that I can walk into a store, purchase my new clothes and then ask to use the dressing room to change into them and leave wearing them. What have been you experiences on this?

I never have, but this very scenario used to be a fantasy of mine. Except I was picking up an article of clothing with each passing store that I went to. Now I am just content to shop try things on. Maybe one day I will do this, but its not a burning desire like it used to be with me.

I have never done that. I do on occasion go into a convenient store in drab with my backpack. Go to the restroom and come out dressed as a female. Most I have ever gotten was a funny look for the store clerk.

I've never done that. Mostly because at the time I was in hiding I never had the finances to purchase an entire wardrobe at one time, and also because I would have been scared to death of walking out in public.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes! Went to the MAC store at Caeser's Palace in Las Vegas in drab. Got my makeover, and they were kind enough to let me go in back and change. Emerged all dolled up to the oohs and aahs of the staff. It was quite a rush! Hugs, Michelle

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Yes a few years ago with my girlfriend purchased a full wardrobe and then went to the makeup counter for a makeover and the saleslady dollied me up that she and my girlfriend couldnt believe it was me and that day was so special to me.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Yes, many years ago (I'm thinking 2005-ish). I used to shop at this semi-upscale boutique called Ames which had stores in several malls around SoCal. After being a customer there for a while, the manager offered me the chance to use one of their dressing rooms to "put the girl on" after shopping. I did this a couple times but then figured I was better off putting on the girl before I even arrived at the mall, even if it involved me getting ready in the car.

So yes, I've done this. Thank you for kindling a blast-from-the-past memory!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

No. When in drab, I have stayed in drab, but most of my 'girlie' shopping has been done 'enfemme' for the last 6 years.
    joank
    Southern California

no but that on my hit list. i think i would it just because it sounds fun.

Yes. I have done it many times. In fact when I shop en drab the s/a always encourages me to change into an outfit I purchased. I have been also told by the managers and s/a that I look better in a dress.

Banned Read only
    ugh i can't even drive the car dressed en fem let alone shop for clothes. I shop only on line and return on line when I have to. Last time I returned something to a store after buying something on line, the return girl asked what was wrong with the 2 pair glittery 5" stillettos and i said heel was too narrow....she said back, "well they are made for a womans foot"....sigh

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have never done what the OP suggested, but I have done the opposite!! I went into a store dressed completely enfemme, bought some drab clothes, changed, and left the store dressed as a man who was underdressed enfemme! Nobody said anything to me other than thanking me for my purchases!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sure did.....and it was fun too

Went in dressed and went out of the store wearing my new dress. It would take too long to get the make up done and look presentable

I shop en drab, and I shop en femme.....nothing in between.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Oh Boy..... Is this another one of those things that needs to go on the bucket list.......My list is gettiing longer than time left I fear....

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Never have, but I'm thinking that would love to try it.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Do all my shopping en drab not out of the closet yet but would love too someday might have to put on bucket list. maybe someday when

Went to a black Friday sale in Seattle. Bought a long black coat and a pair of fur lined boots to go with my skinny jeans.
    Put them on and with my longish hair it was er! "Thank you ma'am" with a quizzical look. and I was off, Miss Androgynous.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have done it several times. It is a lot of fun and a real rush. Liberating too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Marie P. View Post
    Yes a few years ago with my girlfriend purchased a full wardrobe and then went to the makeup counter for a makeover and the saleslady dollied me up that she and my girlfriend couldnt believe it was me and that day was so special to me.
    Ooh do I envy you! If I ever had the slightest remotest chance of passing I would long to try this. What I would really enjoy would be being forced to accomplish this.
    Lisa

Very nervous, but so exhilarating! Once for Halloween at my local thrift store, I had a wig and lipstick in a bag. I had the girls help me pick out a whole outfit, shoes and some accessories. Changed in the fitting room and after I paid, the girls put my boy clothes in a big bag for me. Said I looked great in my gray skirt suit as I walked out. Another time I went to a support group meeting.

Of course...then I had to sneak home. Drove down a side street and around the block twice to avoid neighbors who were out in their yards. They would recognize my pickup.

I haven't tried this yet and I would only do it if I went in to a store, bought some stuff then got totally transformed in a nearby salon. Other than that I would not want to go half way.

Funny u should ask

Had interesting event. I have shopped at "soma' and found very helpful women, I ended up buying quiet a bit. Few days later went to Macy's and brought someof my make up to the counter and asked for help. The girls sat with me and showed me how to do each area then had me do the other half. Best time is usually just as the store open around 10am.
    After all was done I walked out through the mall and back to Soma's with barley a look.

My first suggestion:
    buy under things somewhere cheap so u have something to where, second
    find some maybe jeans and a blouse and wig, now u r set.

Reading on line Macys has fired people for being rude to cd/tg. Now go shopping, Macys is expensive but worth it, staff will help, good quality cothes.
    Shoes, usually 1 to 2 sizes larger and in a wide many times, me 9 1/2 wide is a 11-12 wide. I hate to say it but sketchers has a section of wide women shoes in the back u can make it painless.

I spent the entire afternoon driving and walking around. That nite went to a Drag Show. I am straight so meeting women is slow, Playing pool with breasts and heels was new.

good luck

Aspiring Member
    I often think about it, may have try it sometime.