Thread: Powder Room - where, how suggestions

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar

Powder Room - where, how suggestions

We recently purchased a new home. It's only my SO and I here, so we only have 3 bedrooms now. One's an office, a spare bedroom and course the other our master bedroom.

With lots of wardrobe space I keep my fem clothes in the master.

Not fussed where my clothes etc...etc are kept, though, I would like an area, not the bathroom, where I can sit and apply make-up etc...etc and get dressed. Was thinking about doing that in the spare room by adding a dressing table of sorts. But then comes the lighting. I'm the type who if I do something then it's done properly. However, while we don't have a lot of house guests, occasionally we do.

Hence I need lighting that can be moved if needed. But I'd also like to set-up something similar is design to that used in theatres - the ones with all the lights around the outside of the mirror. I'm sooo pedantic, especially when apply make-up that I need decent lighting, not to mention my eyes, there no in their 20's anymore.

Suggests and input most welcomed.

ciao

x

Rebecca
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Gold Member
    Rebecca;
    Go to the home center (Home Depot, Lowe's) and look in the lighting department for some strip lites.
    They usual have 3 or 4 light in a row. Make sure that it is type of fixture that you can plug in the wall
    outlet, and not have it wired directly to the house power.
    Now if you have a wall mirror, hang it on the wall low enough to be just above table hight.
    You can attach the lights with double sided tape, use the thick wide type, it will work best if you
    clean the glass with denatured Alcohol, or you can use one of those little pads used by Doctors to wipe
    your arm just before getting a shot. I am sure you seen them, and can be easily gotten at a drug store.
    Use different types of light bulbs, the daylight, or soft light, what ever workers for you.
    That way you can have a make-up spot just for you, and can be moved when necessary.
    I did one for my wife, she loves it, and it has been their for about 18 years.
    Rader

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Your a gem Rader, thanks x
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips