Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Full Name Is....

When I chose Diane Stephanie Brooks, I tried to pick names that matched my male initials, so I could use some "unisex" monogramed items in both personas. (And to emphasize that both names belong to Me! Neither is just a disquise. And also just for the fun of it.) Ended up matching the first two letters of each name. And I have always just liked the name Diane for some reason. Stephanie I borrowed from a childhood friend, who doesn't mind, and is rather flattered. I chose to include a last name, rather than just a first name, because Diane is just as real a person, just as much as part of me as my male "side."

DameErrant was an adaptation of my screen name on another site, where I am not a member currently.
    Last edited by DameErrant; 11-16-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Realized my answer was incomplete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

My female character has a last name that just came to mind many years ago. It helps in developing her character and in interacting with others. She has her own world, mostly on the internet, and so it helps to have a last name.

I am Tammy Michelle Valentine, with the first name being derived from my given first name. The only thing I am thinking of changing is the last name. I met a gg named tammy valentine once and I lvoed the name so I borrowed it, but I want to use my real last name eventually.

I use my real last name,just not on the internet! Hotels,registration,mail,etc..it doesn't faze me a bit.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Lisa or Leslie Loveday. Loveday was one of my ancestors last name several centuries ago in Cornwall England. I almost went with the last names Docton or Arundel. I just picked the first names out of the air and have not decided which to go with yet.
    Last edited by Loveday; 11-16-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Jennifer Easton, always wanted to be called Jennifer, one day I wanted to mail order a dress and some undies and needed a last name, started saying names and Easton just fit, so 25 years later here I am. no middle name
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

My ex-wife gave me the name Dixie. I've not used a last or middle name at all before.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

My mother told me if I would have been born female my first name was going to be Juanita, I use the last name Sandoval because I have some ancestors with that name.
    I love being a girl

Not my last name, but Taylor is my male first name too. No wonder I'm confused.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Paula Gledhill;Gledhill ,old Yorkshire surname,my mothers maiden name,and who is my inspiration.....
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

On another thread here I posted awhile back, I came up with my name thinking Jack went up the hill and Jill came down. Who would have known some movie junkies would have made a movie some time later called Jack and Jill. My second name was just a rhymn musical add-on along with Jill, and Lacey was just because I love lacey things. Not a lot of thought I might add. lol

I picked my name because most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer.

ok, ok...that was an irrelevant explanation. Sorry bout' dat', but after reading all of the thought that people put into arriving at their "names", I felt obligated to provide some interesting explanation for mine.

Truth is...it took me about 10 seconds to come up with mine. It just seemed appropriate for the behavior. Pretty boring, eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tina Lynn Betterman, the first and middle names have my male initials, and the last is from a line from the movie Tootsie, Where Micheal tell his love, he was a better man as a women, than he ever was as a man. And it hit me, Me Too! so I took Betterman. Why a middle and last name, because he has one, so she wants one.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    One of the first things that we wanted for Tina was an independent e-mail address so that she and my wife could converse clearly without blurring the gender boundries. My wife picked Tina but Hotmail wanted more name . So, Tina Samantha White. The Samantha was the gender-neutral middle name and White appeared becuase we had just recently played the game of Clue and one of the female characters has that last name, and is age appropriate!

tina

My full name with this one is Abigail Lillian Evans.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    I use the exact name I would have been given had I been born a girl. If I use the male name my parents provided, why wouldn't I use the female name they would have provided?

Anna Lorree G.
    I did the same thing, my mother wanted me to be a girl and had the name Pamela Kay already picked out. I had thought about changing my last name but will probably use my real last name.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Candy because if someone called my name, it is so close to my real name, I would know there calling me.
    Kowal because the girls next door we're of the same name, and they treated me like one of them when I was a preteen.
    I feel I was adopted by them, so a fitting tribute to their feminine ways! I love those high school sisters!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I muse my real last name for all corrspondence and Jill is transposed from the male name I use, as for a middle name I chose Iris.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I did born on Latin America where you use both your parents last names, I just choose my mom's

Gold Member
    My real name is Mike Hunt.
    For some reason, when I was in school during roll call, the other students snickered when the teachers said my name.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    My real name is Mike Hunt.
    Yer such a trouble maker!
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Kristina......Holly. Kristina after a gal on the Weather Channel and Holly....ummm the next town over. I'm SO original lol

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I used the initials from my first and last name and came up with Rachael Sloane.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyjo89 View Post
    My name has the same initials (and same last name) as my male name....
    That's kinda the route I went....
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Gold Member
    Looks like I am in good company with Karren and Kimberly by taking my paternal grandmother's maiden name. So I am Sue Ann Leighton. Having a little family background is a nice touch to me.

Attachment 168753

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Why?
    I really didn't go past Sue until I went to apply for a Tri-Ess membership. Then I decided to finish the job.