Thread: fulltime or part-time?

fulltime or part-time?

hey everyone ,

i ask myself what i want to be, or better to say, need to be.
    this whole crossdressing is a lot of fun, but at the same time it is very wearing, because i don't know what i want as to crossdressing.
    i know that i don't belong in the category "typical guy" (not only because of crossdressing), but i ask myself, if i wanna be full time or part time. and i don't mean fulltime women. i just mean wearing female clothes fulltime, but still presenting as a guy, because i am cool with that
    or do i wanna wear "normal" guy clothes and from time to time the whole package with wig and make up, dress and so on .

how do you know what you are? how do you deal with it? and was there a time where you didn't know either, if you are full time or part time?

I could never mix the two that way.
    Wearing a full outfit while presenting as a male would be out of the question. These are two parts of me that cannot intermingle that way. While I do wear panties 24/7 and have for 8 years under my female jeans and slacks and shorts, I just could not wear a skirt or dress and not have my hair done and my makeup complete.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm a full time crossdresser.... Irregardless the clothing I wear. And I deal with it by just accepting that its something that's not going away.... And even though I sometimes I wish it to... I embrace it and move forward... For me to do anything else would plunge me into a tormented place.... Where I will never ever go... Again!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm with Karren, I'm full-time no matter how I'm dressed. However, a GG can go male dress easier and it is more acceptable or perhaps not noticeable and not the other way around. Look at the menswear fashon designs for example. Or am I way off base?
    joank
    Southern California

Platinum Member
    I'm close to full time. I didn't start with the hope/aspiration of being full time - just kinda grew into it, and I find enjoy living as a woman...even one that is clearly not to a careful observer.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I am full time at home and, being retired, that is most of the time now. I always fully dress including wigs, makeup, breast forms, painted nails etc. I do not desire implants, mones or SRS but I love living at a female. I am very happy this way.

To a great extend that entirely depends on how you feel. I underdress all of the time, have done for the last 3 years, but only full dress at home and I don't do wigs and make-up, works fine for me. If you are going to present yourself "out" then I think it best to go all the way because a man in a dress is bound to attract derogatory comment.
    It's all down to how you feel in yourself.

[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;2658535]I'm a full time crossdresser.... Irregardless the clothing I wear.QUOTE]
    Karren, trust you to come up with something profound.
    [SIZE="3"]Marcella
    [/SIZE]

Star sign Taurus
    Bull on the outside Belle on the inside

It's been a subtle change for me..As I posted on another thread, I wear mostly female garb at all times...but it's not blatantly feminine... Like the Jeans I'm wearing right now..Which I just got from Woman Within in size 20W...I need this size to accommodate my 38-40 inch waist..They are satisfyingly large in the hips and thighs...makes me feel fat & girly...I love it!.. I'm wearing a snug fitting T-shirt type top in a pale green, fem color...and women's moccasin-style slippers But I still present as a male...I enjoy being a girl..
    Hehe smooches Jackie
    Jackie

There are a lot things you can wear that are female clothing but you do not nessesarily project female when wearing them. For instance, white or black tennis shoes in women's sizes are the only such shoes I wear anytime, no matter how I am presenting. Also, many ladies jeans can be worn and no one will know the difference. If you want to wear a dress or skirt when presenting male that is another matter. I admire people that have the courage to do that, and I consider myself full time tg definately but because of circumstances I have to present male or female at different times. The more time goes by the more I merge the two and probably the only advantage to me in wearing androgynous looking female clothes when presenting male is that it makes Me feel better.

i already wear pretty androgynous clothes. when i go to a public restroom the cleaner always say "oh young lady, that is the wrong door".

most of my clothes are from the female section. i don't wear dresses or skirts. everything i wear is very androgynous.

two years ago this was different. but there was a point in my life, where i said to myself "this is the way i am and i am going to embrace it. so i started to grow my hair out, stopped with the workout, and dressed very androgynous.

but now i ask myself "is this what i want? maybe i interpreted my feelings wrong?!"

maybe i feel better, when i dress more male in my daily routine and then crossdress from time to time.
    so now i ask myself... part time or "full time"

I am very much part time. I do it when I want to escape or just be someone else. When I do dress, I dress all the way.

It is all in how you accept who you are. There are times that I want to dress all the time, or as much as I possibly can. There are otjer times that I am too busy with the other aspect of my life to be bothered. I balance it with the acceptance that I do love to dress, but can't do so all the time. I keppt my legs and body shaved, qwear panties 7/24 and have my toe nails painted. For me that often has to suffice and I might not dress for 2-3 weeks or more, knowing that my dressing time will come.

alice b

would you dress 24/7 if you could?

i don't know if i would and this inner conflict drives me insane!!!!

i never liked the concept of being a part time crossdresser. because i thought... this is me, i shouldn't hide myself 80% of my time to please others. no i should where whatever i want, whenever i want.
    but now, where i almost reached this point, i don't know if this is the right thing for me.
    maybe i need the balance between my male side and my female side and not being in between all the time

Think of yourself as a snowflake. No two are alike ever. Now ask a question and you will get a million answers. So what is your correct answer? It's a mix of a million answers. A bit of this and a bit of that. Additionally, as you age your desire/need to express your gender self may or may not evolve to somewhere unknown to you beforehand. It is a futile effort trying to figure out what 'label' to tag to yourself, allowing you to feel you have a definition of who you are. Now think of yourself as a leaf floating down a river. There will be high's and low's, fast and slow moments. The key is to know it is an ever changing moment and where that river goes is of no consequence, only the journey itself is. Enjoy your journey, embrace it, and love every moment for all too soon, it will all be gone.

I would say I'm full time, either dressed or under dressed almost 24/7 But that is being who I am. I'm a guy that needs to dress up as often as I can, but then at times, I'm all guy if you don't look at my panties. I think you are over thinking it, do it as much as you want, either way, mixed or pure female, as you feel you want to, in time you will know just who and what you are, but of course for some of us, it takes years and years to be sure.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am a part timer who most of the time I dress like a guy.
    Being in the closet and a wife that doesn't know about Candy, makes for the thrill of a lifetime when I can dress as Candy!
    I use to be feminine most of the time before I met my wife, over 15+ years ago.
    I remember the empty feeling of being single, just Candy looking for another GG to be with.
    Whenever I told a girlfriend of Candy, those GG's were all negative about Cding.
    My current wife, I decided not to tell back then, and would never do anything to hurt my best friend and wife.
    During our marrage, I have only been Candy about 10 or so times, more reciently because she is getting more confident going out without me. So, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life, having a best friend for life, and being Candy, when I can, makes it sooo thrilling.
    We each have our own circumstances we deal with, knowing, or not, if to tell a SO or not, that no one could dictate to you if you should tell or not...it's a decision we all live with. I choose to have the "best" of both worlds!!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Tough question to answer, panties all the time, jeans, some pants and tops that I wear and most of my shoes and sneaks are woman's clothes although not noticable and yet otherwise I present as male at work. Off work, depending on what I'm doing maybe a little make-up. If I do dress all out, skirt or dress make up and wig.
    So am I full time since I am always wearing some thing fem or part time since I dress up fully only at times.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess that I am a part-time dresser because I don't dress totally enfemme every day. I do wear panties and a bra every day, but not always other feminine things! However, when I do dress completely enfemme there is still a major difference between me and most other CD's!! I never wear makeup or a wig when I am dressed!My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig, and when she passed away I just quit doing it!! I am a man who crossdresses, and that is what I look like when I am out in public as Stephanie!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    Very simply Luca...I don't analyze it....anymore. I just go with the flow and enjoy both aspects of my personality (male and female). Just have fun with it.

Even when I dress endrab mentally I'm still Arlene.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

In my opinion crossdressing is an act of self discovery and self evolution,one part nature and one part nurture, a dance between you and your femininity and there are countless influences that will push you between the opposite poles of masculinity and femininity, some are fate other happenstance. Enjoy the ride, learn what you are able and try to master your fears to give full expression to your life, you only get one.

""He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Silver Member
    You can't know the answer to your question until you try. If you want to find out something about yourself presenting in mixed-gender mode, try it. Ditto full-time - try it for a few weeks.

My balance, which I'm not entirely happy with, is full-time underdressing, and part-time full dressing as I can. I would dress more often in casual clothes if I felt more socially comfortable doing so, and be out, but presenting female. Some find relief in simply adding female clothing that blends well with male clothing, e.g., substituting women's jeans for men's.

Lea