Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reincarnation and gender preference/sexual preference

reincarnation and gender preference/sexual preference

so i'm one of many mainstream christians that believe in reincarnation. the numbers of us are growing and the reasons that we believe in reincarnation are many. there was a cbs sunday morning piece not to long ago that said there were a number of mainstream christians,(such as myself) that are breaking away from their particular organized religion, becoming more spiritual and believing in things such as reincarnation and u.f.o.s.

i have several reasons for believing. i believe that a person's soul is an energy force that powers your body. once the body is worn out it dies, but the soul i believe continues to live on. i think it's like electricity that just keeps moving along a power grid. i think that soul enters a body sometime after conception. this would explain why some children are so much different than their parents or siblings. you may receive physical characteristics from your birth parents, but i believe that if you are reincarnated your soul comes from somewhere else.

i also believe in some of the writings in the bible. for example, when they say " the kingdom of heaven is at hand. well maybe what that means is that heaven is right here. maybe our reward for turmoil in a previous life is another chance at a better life.

i was talking to someone the other day, who also believes in reincarnation. he thinks that the more times you are given a life to lead, you become smarter and more talented. it makes sense. maybe people like steve jobs have been around many times while people who say work at wal mart are experiencing their first time around.

and then i thought of something else. what if you were a woman in a previous lifetime? so you're soul continues to live on and comes back in a new body. say for sake of argument that it is a male body. you are basically a woman reincarnated as a man. you may not be very masculine. you may have feminine traits and want to dress and live as a woman, because that what you are accustomed to. maybe you are a woman reincarnated as a man, but because you were a woman in a previous lifetime you are still sexually attracted to men.

this is probably an oversimplification. i suppose that if you do believe in reincarnation, then you can find all the reasons in the world to make it believable. but believe i do and the more i think about it and reasons like these, i find it more and more compelling.

what say you.
    man, i feel like a woman

If you believe in UFO's and reincarnation, I wouldn't call you a mainstream Christian. This thread is sure to be closed, as religious talk is off limits, or so I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    If you believe in UFO's and reincarnation, I wouldn't call you a mainstream Christian. This thread is sure to be closed, as religious talk is off limits, or so I thought.
    i'm not talking about religion. i am talking about reincarnation, which isn't necessarily part of religion. moreover if you read the part i wrote about the CBS Sunday morning segment or even watched it, you would know.
    man, i feel like a woman

I wanna come back as a songbird. The males get to wear all the pretty clothes.

Me? I'm lookin' at living long enough for a brain transplant into a 20 somethin' 5'7" 36-24-36 GG little white girl at about 120 lbs.... I'll pay... really.

Renne.....

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'd like to be the 5th girl rocker in the girl band "The Bangles" If one can wish, then wish big !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Semi Sane innocent angel
    A lesbian runway model dating a cute geek
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I'd like to be the 5th girl rocker in the girl band "The Bangles" If one can wish, then wish big !
    "Some have a style
    That they work hard to refine
    So they walk a crooked line
    But she won't understand
    Why anyone would have to try
    To walk a line when they could fly"

one of my favorite girl songs
    man, i feel like a woman

I had a thread similar to this, I truly beleive I was meant to be a woman from a different era or already was and that is why I like the things I do.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...rent-Era/page3

I truly beleive in reincarnation. Sometimes I have such vivid dreams they are more like memories so I just have to wonder if I was a woman in a past life and if I still carry her spirit with me.

Not that we mainstream heathens believe.... In anything.... But I want to come back as Sidney Crosby...... Before. the recent concussion!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I had a girl friend who practiced yoga, not only the physical stretching one, but also the more serious and spiritual meditation type. She believed in reincarnation as part of the being's self actualization. Doing well in one life promotes one to a higher level in the next life. As part of the process, one could come back as any type of living animal, humans being in the higher forms because of our ability to think. She explained that if one acts bad the being could come back in a lower life form, meaning that they would have to earn through living a good life that they deserve to be reincarnated in a higher form. It was complicated and I am sure that I am mis-stating some of it here. But those interested in that concept, would do well to do some research. I personally believe that just about anything is possible in this world since we know so little about anything based on how long that man has occupied this earth. We also use very little of our minds capabilities. So, I think that we have a long way to go to uncover more about what is capable of happening to, with and by man.

I believe in re-intarnation; the concept that I'm coming back as a hillbilly.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    She explained that if one acts bad the being could come back in a lower life form,
    What extremely bad thing did I do to come back as a man?

You are pretty much on the mark Cass. Once you know yourself well, you begin to realize these things. Personally my soul is female and in this, my final incarnation I was a man this time. Old habits and leanings die hard though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Im not a believer in re-incarnation, Im not saying youre wrong, Im just not convinced- having no experience of it myself.

I believe I do this because it's my genetic blueprint, that for some reason, theres a tiny part of me that is compelled to get dressed up nice and feel pretty for a little while every now and then.
    My SO believes is a coping mechanism for depression, as she knows I dress more in winter and I get depressed with the lack of sun, so I can see that as a valid theory.
    Im happy with the real, here and now reasons as I can see reason.
    If however you could prove to me that I was a leggy lesbian in a previous life with no room for doubt then I would accept that too.
    Samantha -x-

Cassandra its almost like You were reading My diary
    to expand on what You are saying. We are created in Gods image. that would be our soul or spirit. on that level we are proably sexless or lack a dominant sex. from what I have being told and experiance throu meditation this spirit has inhabited many bodys both male and female. I realize My beleifs are farther out there that most people but it works for me

I agree with you fully Cassie. You are given a choice of paths in your life, and we all have a tendency to take a wrong turn or two in our lives, so I believe you are reincarnated so that you have another opportunity to get onto the proper path. Also, I believe that your body is only a shell to contain your spirit, but your spirit lives on and outgrows that shell, kind of like a hermit crab!

Aspiring Member
    Reincarnation, afterlife, nothing at all, Christian, non Christian. Take your pick.
    With any of these choices, you're merely giving yourself some comfort for an unaswerable question.
    Now if you can only come up with the answers of who am I and where am I going, you'll have all three of life's questions figured out. You already have the where am I going one figured out.

And Karren, I'll come back as Mario Lemieux.
    You'll be centering the second line.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not that we mainstream heathens believe.... In anything.... But I want to come back as Sidney Crosby...... Before. the recent concussion!
    I'm so relieved you didn't pick Bing! I would have made achieving that femme voice so much harder!

On reincarnation: I'm not so sure about that one. There are some themes that resonate with my religious and philosophical beliefs, but until evidence presents (which I'm not expecting), it's just an interesting notion.

Lea

It's interesting to read this. I have often wondered how many of us(me included) have thought about this? I have questioned many times if we continue to return as part of an evolution whereby we begin as one gender and continue to return many times over until we are the opposite gender completely. This 'state' we are currently in is simply one location in the evolution, caught between the two distinct genders. Who knows? Seems a damn shame if it's true that we cannot recall previous lives though; we just might be better educated in life in the next one. lol

[SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][SIZE=3]f I am to be reincarnated then please let me come back as a woman.
    Not asking to be supermodel gorgeous or anything, just an average, attractive woman. As for sexual preference, in my reincarnation I would also be straight and hope I would find a husband to share my life and a family with.

While we're asking for particulars, please let me come back in the eastern U.S., preferably New Hampshire or Maine, to wealthy, politically connected parents who could afford to send me to Harvard for my law degree in preparation for my career in Washington, D.C.

I do hope that's not asking too much.
    [/SIZE]
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Paine View Post
    I'm so relieved you didn't pick Bing! I would have made achieving that femme voice so much harder!

Lea
    Plus Bing had a wussy slapshot!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I believe in the tooth fairy, fairies at the bottom of the garden, and Father Christmas.

You go on believing in reincarnation, I will go on living in the real world.
    Last edited by suzy1; 11-16-2011 at 03:16 PM.

[SIZE="3"]OMG....you mean I have to do this all over again?

I'm also afraid I might be coming back as a "lower life form"

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Reincarnation is nothing to Guf at.

Get it?

LOL

Suzy 2