Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are not competing with GG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans
    I could be b*tchy and say go ahead and compete with me and we'll see who would win...
    LOL....I'd be the one-legged lady in an ass-kicking contest!

Seriously, I'm not competing with anyone, especially my wife or any real woman. I'm just happy that I get my girl-time to enjoy, and if I manage to be pretty once in a while, it's a huge bonus.

But I do cook better than my wife, and she likes it that way. It means I do most of the cooking, and she doesn't have to.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Except at the clearance racks

Having played football as a defensive tackle and probably having at least 60 pounds on most women I can bust through and sack that skirt or dress. No mercy.

I don't think most CDs are here to compete. There's no reason to compete. It's really stupid...what are we going to compete over? Looks? Clothing style? Isn't that all subjective anyway?

I think that people who say really stupid stuff are people that haven't really been on this forum that long. It gets annoying when some people say how terribly GGs dress and I literally leave the forum wondering what rock these people live under. But, I just say, "Oh, those people are so silly..." Then, I step out the door looking fabulous (except when I am wearing my school uniform). It also gets annoying when CDs say how much more feminine they are than GGs...because, y'alls concept of femininity is vastly different than what GGs call femininity. Femininity is very wrapped up in clothing for most of y'all (not all) and it's something innate for us. We're all different, but the majority of the people that I talk to here are wonderful people.

But, for the people who are being b*tches...my offer still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    LOL....I'd be the one-legged lady in an ass-kicking contest!.
    Bwhahaha I haven't heard this expression in so long that I literally laughed out loud.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I agree, beauty, breast size preference, and other preferences such as hair length or curliness, leg length or shape, etc, are not things to be measured and compared, even between GGs or between CDs. We are who we are, we all have our own cachet, it is the whole rather than the sum of the parts that count, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ... and all that.

I think it's OK to compare the things we do though, like cooking, how neat we choose to be, or other activities we engage in such as strength training, since none of these things are gendered. They are preferences or non-gendered personality traits. It is perfectly OK for a man to say that he enjoys cooking more than his wife does, and for a woman to say she enjoys running long distances more than her husband does for example, or one partner pays more attention to details, while the other tends to look at the larger picture, or one is more analytical than the other, since these are just activities and personality traits that do not predict femininity and masculinity, nor is anyone saying one is 'better' than the other. It stands to reason that if one person is more talented at an activity than another, it is because they have a greater interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey-D View Post
    On the contrary, some girls compete with and act bitchy towards each other anyway.
    That's an outdated stereotype. Girls can be competitive just as guys can be. The only difference is the term used to describe it.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Reine

At first my wife thought that my desire to dress this way or that way was an attempt to "compete" with her.
    I don't compete with anyone. How I dress and my style of dress has to do solely with making myself comfortable and my desire to look my best. She has since been losing weight and now I kid her that soon she'll look better in my skirts than I do....the tables are turned.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Marleena,

I like you! Thank you for pointing this out!

The other one (other than the rather tired tropes already pointed out here) that really kind of annoys me is the crossdressers who claim they only wear feminine clothing because their wife/coworkers/acquaintances/every woman in general don't wear it enough. It's not like there's a magic quota of skirts or pantyhose which MUST be worn every single day or else the world would explode!

Gold Member
    I wouldn't even try to compete with a gg....I'd lose that race in a heartbeat!!!

I think I need to clarify that this thread is not about kissing up to GG's as one poster had said. It's about respect. It is to appreciate them for taking the time join, and find out what the majority of us are all about. Many have SO's and need/want acceptance.

That said, some comments about GG's may simply be jokes that get lost in the interpretation, after all this is a forum.
    Last edited by Marleena; 11-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I wouldn't even try to compete with a gg....I'd lose that race in a heartbeat!!!

Me too.............

I wear what I like to wear and make purchases accordingly. What I buy for myself I would never buy for my wife. Sure I wish she would dress nicer but I am sure she feels the same about me. My two worlds are completely separate. I do admire a nicely dressed woman but make no comments about it. I love my wife for who she is not what she wears. Each persons opinion of what is feminine is just that, their opinion. Standards of what is proper attire are long gone as you can now were pajamas and slippers everywhere especially Wal-Mart.

There are very, very few crossdressers that could compete with GG's. And I'm talking about < 1%. The rest of us only wish we could.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I wear what I like to wear and make purchases accordingly. What I buy for myself I would never buy for my wife. Sure I wish she would dress nicer but I am sure she feels the same about me. My two worlds are completely separate. I do admire a nicely dressed woman but make no comments about it. I love my wife for who she is not what she wears. Each persons opinion of what is feminine is just that, their opinion. Standards of what is proper attire are long gone as you can now were pajamas and slippers everywhere especially Wal-Mart.

I don't want to compete, I want to be a female, but that will never happen.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only
    Well, reading through this thread there were a couple of things that caught my attention. Shananigans in a school uniform and I am staying away from the sales rack when I see Karren, Sicmik, and Suzy Satin approaching.

Really? A man in a dress in competition with GGs? LOLOLOLOL Do we even have to consider the outcome?

Now to those GG's that love to bake, be warned, I make a mean German Chocolate Cake.

One of those "profound revelations" I've had is that my tastes and those of my wife are considerably different. In retrospect this is kind of a no-brainer as I am much taller and of course less curvaceous than she but it took actually going out dressed so I could try on different looks before I made the connection. This realization has cost us a fair amount of money!

No sense competing, though. She's across the finish line and on the winner's podium before I'm out of the starting blocks!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Shananigans in a school uniform
    Hmmm..... from what Shananigans posted in another thread about her school uniform, it's apparently not very flattering. Not girly at all. LoL!

Really? A man in a dress in competition with GGs? LOLOLOLOL Do we even have to consider the outcome?
    I don't know.....if we're talking strictly looks alone, I would argue that point. I've seen some mind-blowing pictures of quite a few of our members on here.

But I really think the spirit of this thread is about what GGs feel is feminine - or what makes them feel feminine....and the looks part is not so much. Right there, is where the concept of "competing" is rather moot. I believe it was Shananigans who mentioned that holding a relative's newborn baby made her feel more feminine than any amount of clothing or makeup ever could. We, as crossdressers, might feel a similar warmth doing the same thing - but I doubt it would make us feel feminine. Women generally have far different perceptions about it, that we, as genetic males could never emulate or even know what it feels like, to be a woman.

So, while it could be argued that our handwriting, our mannerisms, our emotions and that sort of thing might be like a GG's, there's really no "competition" even possible.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"