Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife finally knows.....not the reaction i expected

I wish I could tell my wife about my dressing up. I agree with karren. At least with my wife, she will be happy one hour and angry the next. I can't find a good time to drop the crossdressing bomb without fear.

Not to put too much of a damper on how your feeling right now, but by your account I would say she has mentally accepted it but emotionally I wouldn't be so sure. Seems she had a great big shock, went off for a little bit, reasoned it out to herself that it wasn't such a big deal and is taking it in stride for right now and doing her best to seem supportive of you.
    I would suggest taking things slow with her and let her get some emotional comfort with it. If you don't overwealm her and let her get accomstomed to the fact slowly she will be ok. She will likely bring up some things on her own and you can talk to her about those things with her and let her explore this side of you at her comfort level. Go shopping with her when she shops for clothes for herself and you might point out some clothes that appeal to you for yourself here and there. Show interest in clothes and makeup and stuff without tying it all to yourself and it will open up a dialogue.

I'm am happy for you that you got a good first impression. My wife's first impression wasn't bad either. A couple of weeks ago my wife flipped about it all. Now she appears to be leveling off.
    All I am saying is, proceed with the utmost caution. Baby steps to gauge her reactions. You may not be out of the woods just yet.

Banned Read only
    ReineD, chill out, I'm just throwing a little humor in my posts, SO why haven't you got upset at Karen?

My first wife got all sweet and agreeable and I thought, "Wow! Maybe there's hope for us after all." What I didn't know was that she was clearing out the bank accounts, maxing out the credit cards, renting an apartment and moving her boyfriend in, hiring a moving company and retaining a lawyer. Pretty funny if you weren't me. Don't get too comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurly View Post
    Well, the cat is out of the bag, as they say. Basically my days off from work are during the week, which allows me time to dress or peruse the computer. Well, I was on the internet via our television and had some crossdressing content on the screen. I had gotten up to go to the kitchen when the wife unexpectedly came home from work. How do you deny something like that when it's staring you in the face?

So, at what point do I let her see me dressed or should I even let her see me at all? Maybe a picture first?
    I'm confused. It sounded like you were already dressed when she came home a caught you!?

If not, then ask her if she'd like to see you enfemme, or would she rather see a picture first, if at all.
    DonnaT

As a caution, don't even think your wife has accepted your cd'ing at this point.

She may seem like it at the moment, but you are going to have to earn her trust back after not being honest with her all this time. There will be a lot to talk about and go through with the up's and down's.

Time and time and time again, the cd'er thinks her wife has accepted long before there is any real evidence to support that in the long run. So listen to everyone and go slow and expect the up and down's and for heaven's sake don't get into the pink fog right now. Keep assuring her and listen to her.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Slow and easy, just remember wive's get jealous if their husbands panties are prettier and sexier than theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    ReineD, chill out, I'm just throwing a little humor in my posts, SO why haven't you got upset at Karen?
    So where in the first post above is any indication you weren't serious? Karren's comment was obviously a joke. Yours isn't.

My kids used to do that all the time ... say something boorish, and when taken to task, they would hide behind the "But it was only a joke" excuse.

If you're going to joke around, make sure it's funny. But frankly, quite a few of us here, including newbie GGs who are trying to learn to be accepting of their husbands CDing and CDs who are struggling with non-accepting wives, fail to see the humor in allegations that women are jealous of their husbands or their panties.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-22-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Reine

I think it is important to remember that men and women can approach the world in very different ways. Men tend (not always) to take an emotional position and then stay with it. So, whatever Bob thought yesterday he will for the most part think today. But, women tend to reconsider emotional positions and that can cause distortion in the communication within a couple. You may think she has fully accepted you because that's what she said yesterday, but what you don't know is that she may suddenly be afraid about what this all means and today she is just now sure.

So what's the point? Go slow, keep communicating and don't assume you know what she thinks. You are still building this relationship and you will need to give her time to get to know the you all over again.
    Raychel