Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your SO allow you to dress in front of them, or prefer it hidden?

Does your SO allow you to dress in front of them, or prefer it hidden?

In my case she accepts and has not said I don't want to see it but I do not dress in front of her. She has never said go get dressed up for me.

So I only dress up in front of her on Halloween, she is comfortable with that day. When she is around I will undress, she knows I have shaved legs, painted toes, and have panties on.

I guess it's about not making her feel uncomfortable. I do tell her in advance when I'm going to play with makeup, that's kinda tough to hide, but still having facial hair might help there. I think getting the green light from our SO's is awesome and I don't want to push my luck.

hi marlenna my so actually helps me pick the right clothes when i am in a femme kind of mood which is quite often .so i am one of the luckycds davinaxx
    davina

You are right about not wanting to push it Marleena. Maybe in time her acceptance level will increase. But I think it has to be at the pace a wife or SO comes to terms with herself without any pushing. So hang in there and hope. But at the same time always show her how much you love and appreciate her.
    I'm lucky in the sense that my SO likes to see me dressed and enjoys my maid service to her. She has no issues at all about seeing me dressed or my dressing in general. In fact she once said I would not be me to her if I did not dress.

Platinum Member
    I dress pretty much full time, including in the presence of my SO. The only exception is that she's unwilling to go out with me, locally. I'm hoping we can overcome that barrier soon.

I dress in front of her every day. We go out together shopping, dining, movies, etc all the times. In fact about 4 weeks ago we took a girls only vacation throughout New England. It was the first time for me and I loved it. She said she enjoyed it also and we may do it again soon.

At first I was very nervous to dress in front of her...then I was just nervous "dressing" in front of her. Now it's just as natural as anything else we do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Think mine would prefer all my fem clothing would catch on fire... With me in them! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Cheryl, your relationship with your wife is where I hope we'll be in time. My wife is very accustomed to me being dressed at home. Its its simply who I am and I'm long past being self conscious about it. But I would love to do the things you and your wife have enjoyed together.

I may dress in front of my wife whenever I choose to dress and she will occasionally ask me to dress.

She is very supportive in sharing jewelry, buying me items and even suggesting things like leggings.

I keep track of the hours every year I spend dressed. I told her I am close to reaching last year’s figures and she told to go for it.

Not complaining but the only differences is I am treated like her girlfriend. I know nothing romantic will occur, that instead of sitting next to me on the couch she will sit in a chair near the couch and she will go out and do her errands while I am dressed.

At times she still has trouble seeing her man all dressed up, completely shaved, and in a different gender but overall she is great with it.

I will thank her for the things she does for me.

I dress full time,so am dressed in womans clothing in front of my SO and anyone ouse 100% of the time,i only have one mans shirt and one per of mens pants.

Hey Marleena - Gotta say I think (and I believe that you are saying) it is best if we are very comfortable with ourselves first then to spring it on our S/O in hope of getting any fortitude from them.. Kinda like 'crossdressing approval by osmosis'.

face whiskers

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    In my case she accepts and has not said I don't want to see it but I do not dress in front of her. She has never said go get dressed up for me.

So I only dress up in front of her on Halloween, she is comfortable with that day. When she is around I will undress, she knows I have shaved legs, painted toes, and have panties on.

I guess it's about not making her feel uncomfortable. I do tell her in advance when I'm going to play with makeup, that's kinda tough to hide, but still having facial hair might help there. I think getting the green light from our SO's is awesome and I don't want to push my luck.
    I'm in a similar boat. She is supportive but usually does not like to see it. However, if there's a good excuse, then she's fine with it. She's gone out with me dressed one Halloween, and has performed along side me in two charity drag shows. Like you, I try not to push my luck, and let her set the level of her involvement.

Marleena

Have you thought of one day asking her if she would help you? It doesn't have to be a serious time, make it fun and have a laugh. If she says that she's not ready yet then accept that and tell her to let you know when she is ready.....just remember not to push or rush things.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Marleena

Have you thought of one day asking her if she would help you? It doesn't have to be a serious time, make it fun and have a laugh. If she says that she's not ready yet then accept that and tell her to let you know when she is ready.....just remember not to push or rush things.
    Thanks Sandra. She accepts my dressing, and will help me purchase the things I need. I'm very lucky for that. I'm on my own as far as makeup goes. She wears very little, and said she can't help much. She is getting me an Avon book. She is also getting me girlie stuff for Christmas, she said.

After reading so many other members posts about their SO's turning on them afterwards I'm kinda nervous about pushing this too far.

Oh..and thanks to everybody that has or will reply.

Gold Member
    I under dress a Lot, about 80% with a bra on and fem Jeans. Panties are 24-7.
    I only dress up in a dress or skirt at home. I always wear a dress to do the laundry, floors,
    or any other house work. I call it my uniform for house work. LOL
    My wife is totally cool with my dressing, and when some thing need doing, she has been
    known to say; "When are you going to put on your uniform"
    Rader

My wife has been very helpful over the years. That being said, she doesn't want to see me dressed or see pictures. I think that I have it really good and I won''t do anything to upset our status quo.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I am in a similar situation. I keep my toes painted, wear panties 24/7, sleep in nighties, and wear sports bras when I work out. She knows I have several skirts and dresses, and lots of tights, but I do not wear them in front of her. I do wear yoga pants and exercise capris while lounging around the house, she is fine with them. I am hoping for further acceptance in the future, but I do not want to push it too far.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

My wife allows it and I am dressed most of the time. I am expanding my wardrobe so I may remain dressed all the time. Unfortunately the breasts are too obvious in public so they remain at home, otherwise it's ususally leggings or slacks, knee highs or pantyhose, women's shoes and ladies t shirt, and of course, panties. At home I enjoy jewelry and perfume also. I've also switched to bubble baths, powder, and feminine deodorent.

My wife's pretty cool about it, and still when i dress i try not to be in her face to much and do my usual stuff and don't push it.

Banned Read only
    Why would she ask you to get dressed? I think you are taking that as some sign of tolerance but think from her side, why? My guess is that she never thinks about it the way we do. In my case, my wife is incredibly accepting, but she would never ask me to get dressed. She knows it's part of me but can't understand it (hell, I can't). She has told me that she never thinks about it unless some reference comes on TV or I make a joke about it. The point here is that crossdressing is not on her mind. How about you ask her if she is ok with you getting dressed one night. She can then give you a fair response.

@ Jennifer, some of the wives here tell their SO's to go get dressed. Some wives encourage it. That is all I meant.
    Last edited by Marleena; 11-21-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Insert mood smiley..

My SO met me in my garb, and prefers my fem/androgynous appearance. I think I have been discovered by the holy grail of crossdressers.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

My gf prefers me dressed. Actually... that's how we met so I never had anything to hide.

My SO is fine with me dressing in front of her and actually says she likes it and enjoys it a lot. On the other hand, I don't do it that often (lack of time these days); I don't know what it would be like if I did it all the time. I think it's good that you're not pushing; if you're being honest and compromising with her, I don't think she'll "turn" on you.

My wife is very accepting with no problems being dressed around her. We have been out to restraunts,movies,disney world,universal studios and bush gardens. WE have also been to vegas for a week no boy cloths and flew pretty,i guess i just hit the lottery with her i am so lucky.