Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: If you had the choice would you rather NOT be a CD'er?

Quote Originally Posted by sinead View Post
    I am what I am and proud of it BUT it would be better if the whole world accepted us
    I would have to say i feel the same here on this statement, maybe some day.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I don't think so.I just wish I started fully dressing when I was much younger when I was smoother,tighter and more femininely shaped.But then I would have missed so much of my masculine training and fun guy things.I'm so confused now AAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Wouldn't change a thing other than coming out to my wife sooner. I enjoy every second of every minute being en femme and wish like crazy I could go full time. Alas the job and family matters prevent that from becoming my reality any time soon.

While I must admit, as others have, it has come with a lot of stress and a divorce but I would not change a thing. I feel it is an integral part of me and my personality and makes me who I am. It would be the same as some asking me if I wanted to "remove" an important part of my personality.

If this were a "choice", it is one that I would have never chosen.
    Personally, my belief is that I was born this way, or I would have NEVER been inclined to take this path in life.
    Now that I know that it isn't a choice and that it is something that I cannot change, I accept it.
    I am one very blessed crossdresser. My wife, Jean, has known from the night that I proposed.
    Her acceptance has never wavered. And it was Jean that helped me come to terms with being a CD.
    But, if it were a choice, no way!

While it has taught me to be more understanding of people's differences, if I could turn off the "melissa switch", I would

Melissa

If I had of had a choice I would have been a............ How would I know that? Would I know what I was already ahead of time? Would I at the time of choosing, know the life of a TG person? Would I know Ross Stores has unbelievable sales all the time? Would I ......????

I had the choice I would prefer to have never started dressing it's caused nothing but problems with my family but I just can't seem to stop

Banned Read only
    Anyone who says they'd choose being a CD is either a liar or a mental patient. I cringe when I see some of the people here use the term, "gender gifted". This is a curse, not a gift. No way in hell would I choose this.

Not at this point, I rather enjoy my girl time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm fine with who I am.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Right now I'm in between, which is to say I'm feeling as though I am slipping beyond simple crossdressing to transgender. And if I continue on this path I believe I will progress to the point where I completely transition. My life is really turning upside down.

So I guess I would say it's not possible to "turn off" my crossdressing as for me it's become a matter of sexual identity.

If it were an either or, yes or no, then no. I do not want to be a cross dresser...this after 70 years of struggling with it. I can live with it better now (you folks help), but how much energy has been spent on this? Too much.
    Laura

First choice would to have been born female, second choice would be that i could dress whenever I felt like it and in public with out issue. Third choice would be to not to want to dress.

At times I wish I could stop, not be cause I think its bad or wrong, but since I have to do it mostly in the closet, I tend to waste a lot of time on it. I only call it wasted because I usually can't get anything but some minor house work done.

It makes me happy to be both LeAnn and a man. If I as was sorry to dress as a woman it has long since past.

Add mine to the votes against. Being transgendered sucks. I don't think anyone would willingly subject themselves to such a confusing and difficult life, if actually given a choice.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

Yeah, I wouldn't choose this either.
    Even if it's just something simple like crossdressing there is just too much hostility in the world and too much pain for being different.

It's my current reality. It stems from an inner condition that isn't so ingrained as to be etched in stone, which I realize and respect is the case for many others. My gender identification while true to heart, is at the moment. At This particular cross-roads. Real for now but fluid and changeable, largely determined or altered by GG women. Since there is no one in my life right now, it is as if I've drifted to where I am to compensate for the void. I consider myself truly & legitimately M2F transgendered. The act of so called 'crossdressing' is a feature of such a mindset though by no means a prime motivator. I simply do not place much emphasis or focus much attention on the simple act of CD'ing. Yes I am fastidious, fashion conscious and I hope, attractive and sexy by my choices of makeup and clothing. But beyond that I am otherwise too scattered or preoccupied in the ways I assume many women are with respect to other things & interests to thus 'fixate' on such a basic everyday activity as dressing.

I would not change a thing. How boring it would be to be stuck in drab male clothes. It's more then clothes however. I like the duality of who and what I am. I like being a man. I like being a woman when the mood, time and need strikes my softer side. I honestly believe that having this feminine side helped me appreciate, respect and adore women more then I might have otherwise. Many of my emotions, feelings, and core values have been altered from what I think most males might be like.
    Being a part time woman has definitely helped me be a better man. I'm happy the way I am.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    When I first joined this forum I was embracing my CDing and have an accepting SO.

The fact is we are what we are and it won't go away.

I only see a very small amount of members who have SO's that really are okay with it. I see lots of horror stories. Then there is the intolerance from society as a whole.

So if you really had a choice would you take it or leave it?
    The wit in me reminds me of something I said to my therapist: "At this point I wouldn't identify myself as a crossdresser in a million years!" SO, I don't have to choose not being THAT! What a relief!

On the other hand, would I choose not being what I am? No. I see the challenge as accepting what I am - really accepting it. Were I given the magical choice, I would remain as-is and continue down the path of learning to deal with it.

Lea

My first choice would be for the social stigmas against crossdressing to be erased -- then we could all do it, or not, to the degree that it made us comfortable. I'm not unhappy to have experienced the feeling of women's clothes, the pampering at the salons, or the support of the other special people I've met; it's only the fear about how it might affect my relationships, family and career that bothers me. All in all I'd rather put my energy toward changing society than changing myself all that much.

- Diane

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    For the most part, I like who I am. I sometimes have conflicting feelings between my girl and guy sides though. As a guy, I mess around with cars sometimes, but as a girl I'm girly. I don't like the grease and dirt, so sometimes it is hard for me to get excited about working on a car.
    Dana Ryan

I have to agree with the stuck between posts. I would rather be settled on one gender. not that i could probably ever tell what said gender would be.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    My first choice would be for the social stigmas against crossdressing to be erased -- then we could all do it, or not, to the degree that it made us comfortable. I'm not unhappy to have experienced the feeling of women's clothes, the pampering at the salons, or the support of the other special people I've met; it's only the fear about how it might affect my relationships, family and career that bothers me. All in all I'd rather put my energy toward changing society than changing myself all that much.

- Diane
    The constant social stigma is sadly noyt helped by what feels like a recent multitude of men crossdressing.

Social stigma is what keeps all of us in the closet.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Silver Member
    If I was sure that by stopping my dressing I would meet someone and finally have a wife, yes I would, no doubt.