Thread: I wasn't jealous of the men in dresses

Smile I wasn't jealous of the men in dresses

Last night was the final night of my kids' dance group's stage show. I got dressed up in a tailcoat and tophat as the narrator, while four of the other dads were dancing some sort of Estampe dressed as gypsy queens, with brightly coloured dresses, wigs, scruffy trainers and deliberately unshaven chins.

I have been wondering to myself why I didn't feel jealous of the opportunity they had to dress up as "women" in public. I certainly preferred the role I had - lots of stage time! - and I suppose they weren't dressed as Women, not the way some of you ladies dress in the US when you get your Halloween Special thing going! They were dressed as Blokes in Dresses and that was the whole point. At no time was anyone expected to mistake them for ladies.

On the other hand, Mrs Flowers did my stage makeup before I went on then spent every chance the whole evening telling me how gorgeous my eyes looked with the eyeliner and how she was going to ravish me when we got home. Ah the best laid plans, by the time we were home and had fed the kids we were both knackered but I'm sure we'll find some time for her to reapply that eyeliner and get on some stockings and shoes. I've not felt any particular need to go to shoes or makeup, but her reaction to both gives me a strong incentive to play with them in our own closed environment.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

If your wife is cool and turned on by it your one lucky girl.The first nite dress up and have fun for yourselves.Do it again the next nite for all the rest of us who have wives who hate to see their husbands all dolled up.hugs.Michelle
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

She is very cool with it, very encouraging and positively turned on by the whole thing. I'm struck by the range of responses we get, some of us have wives who want to join in, others who swing from acceptance to fearful criticism, others who want to live in denial and others who would utterly forbid all activity.

What I'm trying to say is I struggle to balance between giving hope to some by showing that not all wives will have a problem with it, and not annoying sisters who are genuinely struggling with wives who hate it and not giving dangerous false hope to those who haven't come out yet.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Such a nice story Rachel. You are lucky to have an SO like that! Sounds wonderful!

I was happier in a tailcoat and a wing-collared shirt and bow tie than I would have been in a wig and a dress and a pair of apples stuffed into a bra!
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x