Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were born female...

If you were born female...

I was thinking the other day, what if I had been born female? Would I be happier? Less happy? The same? I came to the conclusion that I'd probably be the same for the most part. I feel perfectly fine in my male body, but my gender identity I see as both boy and girl. If I was born a girl, I'd love the freedom to express my feminine side without consequence, and I'd probably be equally comfortable in a female body, but I'd still want to have guy time too, and present myself as male sometimes. I can't be 100% sure about this of course, but I imagine it would be that way.

What about others, though? I'm just curious to hear what you all think your lives would be like.

Platinum Member
    Again, this is kinda like entering the Twilight Zone (it has nothing to do with tween vampires, for you younger reader ) I suppose I could imagine being born a woman, but then would that be "me" or some other person. My frame of reference would be entirely different. Might as well ask what if you had different parents or were born in India instead of Minnesota.

Since we are all conceived as female, that's why males have mamary glands, my answer would be a definate yes. Why I ended up this way, I have no idea. Maybe it's God's way of giving us the best/worst of both worlds.

I have a female brain and she wants out soooo bad. But I've made a life with this other part of me that doesn't want to give it up either... Someday, I'll wake up and this will all have been a bad dream, I'll put on my little summer dress throw on a pair of heels fluf up my hair and head out the door to the girls school.....

Renne....

I remember around puberty wishing I would wake up as a girl, but it never happened... so I kind of got on with it as you do... I am just conflicted and conflated in how I synthesise all this stuff. Am I a girl? NO I am a father and grandfather... and proud of it! Am I a regular guy... NO they piss me off, boring, boring... move away... and so the paradox emerges... I am am me... this sad conflicted crazy guy... would I prefer to have been born female? Something says yes please... but I have lived a life that has been amazing in so many ways... I look at my grandaughter (5 last Saturday)... and I think about 'stuff'... She is amazing... would I wish her away for the want of living a different life?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

If I could try being a female for a week I kinda think I might want to switch. Thing is I'm happy being a CDer right now. I'm sure it's not easy being a GG. Tough to imagine this one.

The grass is always greener goes the saying. My mind (now) would be better suited in a female body but that is the paradox because if I had been born in a female body I would not have the same mind, be the same person and have had the same experiences that shaped me into the person I am today and I am very thankful to be me because of the happiness I have from the inner peace I have been fortunate to aquire through much effort, luck and heartache.

To be human is a wonderful terrible experience because the gifts we are given that separate us from other animals come with a very high price and we still have many of the instinctual behaviors of our animal cousins that to some degree enslave us all at different times in our lives.

But RenneB's reply rings strongly with my own truth, She wants out of this body in a bad way and I feel at times I'm walking through a very dangerous minefield where any misstep could result in a lost limb or piece of my soul but we do not fully live until we learn to take risks. It is always a question of finding balance.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was born a male, and love being a male. Yes, I do crossdress, but only because I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes. I have never had any desire to actually be a female and still don't have! But if God had made me a female, than so be it!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I think if I had been born female, I would have turned out to be a tomboy. So I would have probably missed out on dresses and skirts anyway!
    I love crossdressing.
    You just can't please some people! LOL!

If I had borm a girl I dont think I would be happy at all. I would have to crossdress in guy clothes. And we all know how bad they feel
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I've wondered from time to time, what life would be like if I had been born female. How much different would things have been? Would I have had the same interests as a guy? would have I persued the same coures of study, same line of work? Would have I gotten married, raised a family, been a grandma? One can only wonder, one can only speculate.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar

Since i am learning, that being dressed up at home every possible minute seems to be my destiny (beside possible girl friends denying it) and I am going further and further (well I have defined limits, probably I would not define them that strong anymore, if I would be younger). Yes being born a girl/woman would be great, lets say at least being born under more or less the same cultural and society circumstances...

I also wished so so often to wake up feminin or at least tried hard to think of such stuff before sleeping to manipulate my dreams (happened to work rarely).

I would have had at least half a dozen kids and would be a Grandmother now, many times over. I love children and my priority would be family like many other women.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've wondered a lot about this question, but I don't think there can be an answer, because if I'd been born a female I wouldn't be the same person psychologically and emotionally as I am now. My thoughts and desires and tendencies wouldn't be what they now are. I'd have been raised differently and I'd have experienced different things in life. But, all that being said, I really do wish I could magically wake up as a female some morning and remain female for a few days just to truly know what it feels like to have the female anatomy and the feminine outlook on life, and then switch back to being male. Who knows, I might never cross dress again. LOL... Yeah, right.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

My life would have been so much better I believe. Free to be who I am, dress pretty much how I wanted to. Live. How I wanted. I wouldn't have married my first wife.
    I think I would have been a lot happier.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

I would definately be healthier if I'd been born female and I know I would have enjoyed sex more.

It's hard to say, really. Had I actually been born female, I probably wouldn't enjoy dressing in women's clothing as much as I do now. Instead, I'd probably take it for granted, gripe about hosiery, complain about high heels hurting my feet, wear pants most of the time, moan about monthly periods (and then the tribulations of menopause), and claim that men simply don't understand women. However, as a guy who loves to emulate a woman, it's easy for me to say that yes, I'd rather have been born female. At least then, I probably wouldn't have gender dysphoia.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I would not be here to post this.

I have been a non-conformist since I was very young. I assume I brought that attitude / personality into this life. This "approach" on life works pretty well in a male oriented society. Drop the same personality into a female body and it would have been more difficult for me to succeed in this society.

I believe one of my life's lessons is to balance my M and F energy to make better me. Not sure that would have worked as well from a female body platform.

Hence, I think I am just where I need to be... this time around.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

If we had our choice I would have been a female what a great feeling that would be. Seeing I cant have that I guess I'll have to make do with what I got

Impossible to say, had I been born female, maybe I wouldn't have been born a Transgendered person, I wouldn't have carried a life time of guilt and shame with me, because of my choice of clothes. Maybe I would have felt like a total disappointment to my father, and maybe I would have been a daddy's girl. Mom would have made all of those pretty dresses for me, as well as my sister, and I would have felt I fit in. Would life be any better, who knows, I could have married a wife beater, or worse, if there is anything worse. But hopefully at least I could stay on one side of the gender divide or the other.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

By now... I'd be a crack wh*re hit'n ya'll up for treats. <dark humor>

I have no idea - I would just be me with way better cloths I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Andy777 View Post
    I was thinking the other day, what if I had been born female? Would I be happier? Less happy? The same?

What about others, though? I'm just curious to hear what you all think your lives would be like.
    With my luck if I had been born a female Id be one of those that wore fake moustaches and put a large rolled up sock in my briefs...

Since very little on I have always considered myself to be female. I think I would of been a very feminine girl/woman. I am sure I would have advanced far more greatly in life had I been a true gg because CDing takes an enormous amount of time and energy. I was an still am constantly thinking about CDing/TSism.

i wouldnt be posting this, or crying every night id be far happier..

I wasn't one of those who were born wrong or anything, as far as the self gender identification is concerned. I'm a 'created' crossdresser. If I were born female, I suppose I may have had a more normal life. But there weren't any girls in my class in my neighborhood, either. So I really don't know how it would have worked out. But I doubt I would have been molested (at least by the same person) as the situation that existed would have been quite different.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.