Thread: Tell me about fem vogue dancing

Tell me about fem vogue dancing

I guess Ive led a sheltered life (although I never really thought so). I accidently stumbed on this type of dancing on you_tube. I never knew this sub-culture of Gay/CD/drag existed.

You should look up Vogue Evolution, I met them in person at America's Best Dance Crew. I'm really glad that they brought vogue dancing to mainstream.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

There's a really good documentary called Paris is Burning, about that whole scene in NY in the 80s.

This was an 80s thing, circled around the 'ball' scene, which madonna made popular, after it became basically dead. See Paris is Burning, as Tina said. It's interesting.

If you're into anything actually from this century, I believe the 'ball' scene still sort of exists, just google it or look it up in youtube. It just does somewhat different things, as it's evolved in the 30 years since 'vogueing' was at its peak.