Thread: coming out to my sis

coming out to my sis

i am thinking about coming out to my sister and not sure how to what kind of ideas would you have

I came out to my cousin a few weeks ago. I just had to lay it out there and tell her I was a CD and how it made me feel.
    She was very understanding and supportive but not all experiences turn out the same.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Does Hallmark have a card for that? LOL! Just be honest with her and let her know you love her.

Hugs
    Trisha

I came out to my sister over a year ago. As you can imagine it was a Leap of Faith, but it was also a matter of trust and love for each other.

My sister is lesbian and I started telling her (as I tried to not shake from the nerviousness) by saying that when I was younger I too felt as though I was "different" This seemed to be a good approach because we did have a common thread to relate. Anyway. all said and done she learned much more about her brother. and we I think are closer then we have ever been.

Trust, honesty, and confidence.

Good luck,

Jenny

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have come out to most of the women I have dated in the last few years and all have been cool with it.
    The last being an old friends younger sister I have known for 30 years.She was a bit shocked at first but when I showed her a pic she said whatever floats your boat you make a very pretty woman.LOL
    Just lay ground work first and slip the subject in and act like its normal for you and how you feel.

I was walking with my niece when we saw a trans lady outside the grocery. My niece smiled and said "hello" and we kept walking to the park. I asked how much she knew about trans people [ alot !] Seems she talked to that lady when she sees her. [ p.s my niece is 40 ]
    So I told her her uncle [my husband ] was TG. She said she thought that " very cool".

The world is changeing [ albet slowly ] . Your sister loves you, Just make sure you have made time enough to answer her questions... [ sinse it is a wide rangeing community ]

You know your sis, what do you think she'll say ?

Presh GG

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Does Hallmark have a card for that? LOL! Just be honest with her and let her know you love her.

Hugs
    I think there oughtta be a Hallmark category for all those thoughtful, supportive sisters (wives, SO's, GF's, GG's)!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club