Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else happy in the closet?

I'm Happy to be in the closet. It's my secret and I want to keep it. That's part of the appeal. Unlike a lot members here, I couldn't pass. I have huge hands and arms with broad shoders. I'm a happy dude in a dress. Besides once that bell is rung, it's done.
    Cary

Yes, very happy in the closet. I don't understand why I have these desires, so why would I want to add that burden to my wife or anyone else? Why take the risk?

I guess you could say that my CD closet is plenty big enough for me. No need to come out of it.

Of course, I could definitely use some more clothes in it! :-)

I feel sort of like KaliBrooke. I am fine dressing on my own, and enjoy it well, but there's just that idea of having crossdressing be something I can share with another person that really get me. I don't want family or work involved and I don't care about close friends knowing or not for the most part, but just having another person would make something that's already very special and sensual for me even moreso. But how to you find that person without making yourself so vulnerable :\?

I am semi-closeted. Only out to my wife, which is more than enough. At this point I do not have the need to be out of my house or chare this part with anybody else.

Rachel
    Rachelf

If I were closeted I believe that I would loose my mind. Being out and active as " Arlene " has been heavenly.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by JoyceJ View Post
    I am fine dressing on my own, and enjoy it well, but there's just that idea of having crossdressing be something I can share with another person that really get me. I don't want family or work involved and I don't care about close friends knowing or not for the most part, but just having another person would make something that's already very special and sensual for me even moreso. But how to you find that person without making yourself so vulnerable :\?
    I was reading the thread, making the answer in my mind... then apparently sending it back in time to JoyceJ's hands while she typed that. that's exactly how I feel. thanks ;x

the closet is a cutie, he has been taking care of me over the last 12 years. but there was that one day (when was it?) where I looked at myself in the mirror and thought — hey, this is true. I wanna share this with someone.

but yeah, this is how's happening to me... and just one in many of the ways crossdressing develops on one's persona. I don't think any way is better than the way we're feeling about it. so keep gorgeous Amy! ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I'm Happy to be in the closet. It's my secret and I want to keep it. That's part of the appeal. Unlike a lot members here, I couldn't pass. I have huge hands and arms with broad shoders. I'm a happy dude in a dress. Besides once that bell is rung, it's done.
    Same boat here. My wife knows, but doesnt want to know details or see me dressed. Thats fine with me because I do this for me not her or others. Funny thing is I think she checks up on what I have bought occassionally or checks I havent bought anything new (things move in drawers etc). She can work things through on her own terms and time frame. Its a hell of a thing to let someone know a secret that could potentially destroy your life should it be bandied around by an angry spouse/friend, because as you say "once the bell is rung..."

Some days I wish It was still my secret, but I know I couldnt keep it from my wife.

Heather

I am happy being in the closet right now but I hope to meet some other CDs in the future and possibly enjoy an evening out with the girls

I love being secret. it makes it more exiting

Dani Leigh

I am Happy being the way I am.

I have stepped out dressed and have been with some men who like me dressed up.
    I am still in the closet but my wife has noticed my shaved legs. Maybe in a few years when the kids are gone from the house I may get more bold. My significant other has noteced my thinking on the subject and is kinda suspicious.

I love my closet..... that's were I practice my voice using the clothing as baffles so I don't disturb the neighbour. It's just manners, he came in oneday when I was decked out and asked me if Mick was home ..... LOL. Comes over beer sometimes, love non-judgmental people.

Banned Read only
    I'm perfectly content to be in the closet. At six foot even I do not pass and never will. I have gone out in public- at night. I did not interact with others and had no desire to do so. When I dress at home I really do forget I am dressed en femme. I find it very relaxing. When my wife was out of state for a week I did go out in the evening for a stroll. Except for the immediate 'rush' of having the cool wind swept breeze going up my dress, I really started to get bored. Basically, I did not find I was doing anything I would not have done en homme. I suspect if I went into a neighborhood store en femme I would have been stared at or worse. There is no sense in upsetting the tranquility and peace being en femme brings me by attracting attention. That being said, if I was five foot six and weight/height proportional, then I would probably enjoy being en femme in the world. But, I suspect I would not be doing anything different than as a male.

I have been a closeted crossdresser for more than 60 years. Although my spouse has known about my desire to dress for over 40 years, she has never accepted it and only tolerates it because I promised to never dress in her presence. This has never caused me to stop loving wearing the clothes, makeup and wigs in private.

I'm not in the closet, nor am I out of it as much as some of you. I am happy with the way things are. That is, I am open about my being a CD with a handful of close friends (all female) and of course to my SO, who is completely supportive and accepting. Frankly, she would not even want to see this side of me ever go away. She enjoys it to much. I don't have that driving need to go public. I am smart enough to know I would not pass. And knowing that keeps me from being laughed at, being humiliated or worse. Yes, I do care what others think. So when I go out dressed, I only go to places or events where we are completely accepted.

Wow what a great thread girls. In the wayback days of being 4, I actually started in the closet. Putting my neighbor's dress on, she was 5 and at school. Within 5 minutes, I was called to the top of the stairs by her mom. I'll be just a minute, she said no so out of the closet I came. No reaction, just get your clothes back on and come on down okay, we need to go out.

Skip ahead to college and I'm dressing in my spare time off campus, but not amongst other humans. Just dress up sit in the house all alone and do my homework. Felt great.

Skip ahead to work and I'm dressing on the weekends and sneaking off to work, no one there, and catch up on some easy OT.

Now, some 4 decades after I need I was supposed to be a girl, I'm somewhat out and about. This closet is more like me being a butterfly junkie. With each new adventure out, the butterflies go away. So I try something else that brings them back....

I'm not sure this is making any scence but I'm out of the closet to the shopping world, but not to the SO or biological replacements....

So this closet has many doors and each one leads to a new adventure.. Some don't care to open the doors and that's fine with me... leave the butterflies to me..

Renne.....

Wish I had stayed in the closet. As of today my marriage is over because I came out.

Aspiring Member
    I consider myself a crossdresser, but I limit my feminine dressing (skirts, shoes) to the closet though. I keep my legs, underarms shaved year-round, trim arm hair over winter months, and wear clear nail polish 24/7. At my height (6'7") I have resolved myself that passing in public is very, very unlikely. However, I am also frequently out and about underdressed in women's jeans and tops; and have ventured out with makeup and lipstick on. The latter look is androgynous and I feel comfortable presenting in this manner (so far); and I am continually looking for ways to expand (e.g. pierced ears, cologne, accessories) on this look. However, I have no desire to reveal my cding to family, so I am careful how I dress around the them.

This board has helped me feel more comfortable with cding and has helped me gain the confidence to walk into Ulta for nail polish; to purchase stockings, panties, bras, makeup and my first pair of flats (online). And I am checking outs wigs and heels, which I will probably buy after the holidays.

Am I happy - YES, but there is room for increased happiness and contentment. Thanks girls for your sharing cause it has helped me better understand who I am.
    Michele

Hello Amy,I think that staying private and expressing one's feminine side is perfectly fine.I myself tried to go somewhat public by joining a group for transgendered people but found it to be to heavy,although it did clear up some questions I still feel more comfortable at home with some girlfriends of both genders.I to am very happy as my male self (my job and life are very macho).I"ve also found that sometimes my extent of going out" dressed" is merely a pair of panties,pantyhose, under my pants of course, a more feminine pair of earrings other than small studs and letting my hair(freak-flag)fly.I still wonder about what I am going to say (or not say) if I get in a situation where my under things would be exposed.I 've also found that staying clean shaven, legs,underarms and body help to keep that en-femm feeling with me all the time.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.