Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cost of Dressing

My guess is $1700 so far this year. I wear woman's jeans and shoes in boy mode, so I'm not sure they should count. My guess is I will spend a bunch more over the next few months.

I spend more on other hobbies. My worst is computers, I spend $5000-10,000 a year on computers/internet/software. I spent more on learning to fly, and photography.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!!

Less than £200 a year.
    Could even be less than £100.
    I dont spend too much time dressed, so when I get something, I tend to get what I think will look good for a few or even many years.
    My fiance picked me out an outfit in primark last week that's really on trend, so only time will tell how long I wear it for... looking forward to finding out
    Samantha -x-

I would not even try to guess, what I have spent on fem clothes and accessories over the years. My wife actually would have me spending more than I already have.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    With regards to the thread and all our lifestyles .....I suppose if you think of it "hobbies" of other sorts cost a fortune to keep up too . I don't generally consider crossdressing a hobby - its become a part of me totally . But it gives enjoyment , perhaps in a similar manner sometimes .
    Think about it . I bet theres been a few times we've all felt a wee pang of guilt for our spending no matter what the purchase . We all seem to chase something to keep us entertained ....
    I adore cycling . Mountain biking ( cept theres no mountains round here ) isn't cheap . The upkeep for worn out bits sometimes just doesn't make sense in regards to the cost a brand new bike . I love restoring them , but have given up due to the expense. Before as a youngster it was rock concerts ...... oh my , how many bands have I seen .... well seen bits of the concert cos I like many of the audience participated in " headbanging " lol. The things we do .....as a youngster . Bit pointless now .
    In pursuit of enjoyment , theres many things that cost - theres golf for one . Oh my life - now that sport is way over priced . The clothes ( ridiculous as they may seem to some ) the green fee's , the bats and balls even cost a mortgage . I won't mention fishing ( angling) as I regard it as equally over priced . What about football too ( soccer to some) a season ticket to go watch a game , the travel fee's , food , beer .
    Its all money .......
    Considering this , I've realised although women are thrifty , careful with money and buy only on occasion , the day to day cost of vital personel things must really weigh up . Think of the beauty routine - cleansing , make up ect . I try to buy as cheap as possible ( took sometime to find out just what product works for me personally and that REALLY cost thru time and error ) via ebay . But , pop into a shop - my god the prices of that foundation , fave lippy - its enough to make one take up a sport ...... !
    All in all , the whole package of being a transvestite , t girl , whatever the title is , it's certainly a costly " hobbie " .
    But , since when was a hobby so addictive , so relaxing , enthralling and enlightening ........ but more than anything..... so misunderstood ?

And yet - so very very popular .

Four !!!!!
    Last edited by Shelly67; 12-06-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I don't think I spend a lot but it does seem to add up. And I recently gave a lot of stuff to a goodwill type agency so now I can start buying more.

Vieja

For me,buying clothes for Ellen is about quality and current fashion rather than cost . I want to be able to blend in and the only way I can feel confident enough to do this is by wearing the current trend in camoflage . I have always had a passion for Pinafores and duffel coats but thankfully these are things that never really go out . I would buy cheap Man clothes in order to spend a little more on Ellens wardrobe .

Well, a few weeks ago I washed a pen in with my laundry, and it ink stained a lot of my girl clothes. So I spent a few hundred on amazon replacing them. Does that count? Otherwise, no, usually I have all the clothes I want.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Are you kidding ?? I've spent a fortune & it's worth every cent !!

I'm an absolute sucker for a pretty dress.....

I'm Resourceful

I'm a real bargain hunter. I can find blouses, shoes, skirts, and jewelry at yard sales for as little as .50 each. That makes my budget go a long way. I recently went to a yard sale and for five bucks walked away with a box full of beautiful lingerie that was probably worth several hundred new and fit both me and my SO. I love thrift stores too. You know fashion is seasonal and one gal's trash is another gal's treasure. I have found the cutest skirts and blouses there. And dresses galore.

About three years ago when I started my relationship with my SO I cleaned out the closets and purged all my dresses, skirts and blouses. I only kept my underthings because the SO was ok with panties and the bras and stuff didn't occupy much space. About twenty garbage bags of clothes went to donations. I shudder to think of it. But since then, I have largely replaced it all with stuff I've found at the thrift stores and yard sales. Estate sales are great, you can find some very elegant items there for cheap. And some of my stuff is not-too-shabby!

I also buy from ebay and find lots of great buys there. This year's Halloween outfit came from ebay, and I dressed it up with stuff from yard sales and thrift store purchases. You can see it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...wn!&highlight=

All told, the majority of my expense comes from undergarments, forms and the occasional hairpiece, which has become fairly rare. I probably spent less than $500 replacing my wardrobe.

A girl doesn't have to spend a lot to look good. She just has to be resourceful.
    Last edited by Dana7; 12-06-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Like Dana, I find a lot of great stuff.at thrift stores. I haven't had that much luck at garage sales, I'm jealous! There are a couple of good thrift stores by me, and I have bought stuff to the point that I have become really picky. I love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Aw Com'on. You have "the dress" and a camera, so let us see it "on".

I've been doing some online shopping (mostly window shopping) for dresses, bras, panties, stockings, shapewear, makeup, accessories, a wig, and of course some fantastic heels... etc. Its going to cost me $500 or more to get everything I want but its totally worth it. I will finally be living on my own soon and I cant wait to get fully dressed for the first time. I'm so excited