Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing the Color Pink while in male mode

Aspiring Member
    I used to stay away from pink until about 10 years ago. Back then I switched to working in an office environment and noticed that pink was an acceptable color (used to always stay in the blues/tans/white). Now I own alot of colors that I never did before (pink, lavender, pastels), and I started wearing these before I came out to the wife. The only time I see guys sticking to plain white is when I'm working in one of the government buildings, then it's all black or dark blue suits, white shirt and then maybe a wild tie or two (most ties are just the power colors).

Kind of reminds me of the old days of IBM that i've heard of----black suit, white shirt, black tie. Or if you're a movie buff----Men In Black.

I even think to myself when I see those guys in their suits at work that they're nothing but of posers, sucking up. Personally, I'll just stick to some nice slacks, dress shirt of my color choosing (including my pink one), and keep a sport jacket on hand in case I have a meeting with a govie that day.

PInk has been somewhat acceptable for at least men's shirts and ties since the late seventies/early eighties. YOu'll even see some guys wearing pink shorts with plaid shirts during the summer.
    It's no big deal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi,

Pink was a boys colour in my day , then changed to blue & now comeing back very few days am i with out pink tops or headwear like my avatar i like pink my fav colour tho you know why & i dont mind what shade it is .

Lets face it men can wear any colour & why not just because some fashon who ever says oh no you cant wear that because ......time that attitude was changed.

wear what you like to wear. our island people do lovely bright colours & they look lovely in them.

...noeleena...

I have and wear pink shirts, both polos & dress shirts. But then again I also am partial to bright colors and pattern shirts also. Some of my shirts also button backwards lol

love to wear my pink bra and matching panty under my male clothes

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have pink panties, and have worn pink button oxford shirts. Wore a lot of pink male undershirts when I tried to do the laundry and didnt separate properly.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I wear whatever color I like. Pinks are one color I look good in from Fuscia to light baby pink. I don't feel any stronger or weaker in those. http://www.breastcancert-shirts.com/...tcancertshirts. The PRCA cowboys wear pink shirts a lot. It is a color, it isn't anything more than that.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    How many hear wear the color pink while in male mode? Personally I am afraid to, but been wondering if anyone else here does at all?
    I wear lots of pink. I have worn pink dress shirts to work quite often. I've got pink ties, and I have pink Sketchers.

One of the things about doing subtle little things like wearing pink in male mode, is that it helps those who are supportive to see this aspect of you and perhaps gravitate toward you. Conversely, those who are so homophobic or transphobic or both, that they avoid you, are probably people you don't want to be associating with anyway. If there are adverse consequences for wearing a pink dress shirt at work, do I really want to work for a company that might make my life miserable for me if they discover I'm Transgendered?

A common mistake we make is to so completely split our masculine and feminine sides, that those who know our masculine sides can't accept our feminine sides, because we've tried so hard to hide it.

Personally, I have never really been able to "Pass" as a boy or a man. When I tried, I usually got hurt. It seems like a total lie today for me to attempt to pretend to be a macho, sexist, homophobic pig - when I am absolutely the opposite of all that. It would be a denial of who I really am.

Would you hack off your left hand just so people wouldn't know you weren't married?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't wear pink to work, but I have a couple of pink t-shirts that I sometimes wear on the weekends. Don't let other's stereotypical expectations (pink is only for girls) stop you from doing what you want to. I think the only reason I personally don't wear pink in boy mode more is because I only have tees in pink and when I wear them my bra shows though and so I'd rather wear a bra than a pink tee. Maybe I need to get a pink hoodie?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I love pink too! In male or female mode. Everytime I wear it in male mode I get shit from my (usually) camo wearing buddies. But I don't let it bother me one bit. Hugs,your friend IN PINK,Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

i just raked the leaves with a frilly pink cami on under the brown sweatshirt. both genders fully active!

When I used to work in an office I would wear pink usually 1/week, sometimes 2x. I had several pink shirts. I also recall as a student I had a pair of pink (subtle pink) pants. Now I work in the outdoors (construction-like) and everything has to be orange or lime green.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Everytime I wear a pink dress shirt or a pink tie, we have a secretary that says "you have to be pretty secure in your manhood to wear that." I just laugh and say "you're absolutely right!"
    To sidetrack the thread a bit, I think that most of us are more secure in our manhood than the average male! We've walked both sides of the street so we know more about ourselves than most!

I don't wear pink at work, but I do have a pink phone cover. One day I was given the "must be secure" line by a male friend. The funny thing was that at the time everything I was wearing (jeans, shirt, jacket, shoes, underwear, etc.) was from the women's slde of the store. Nothing blatant, but it sure shows that most men are pretty oblivious!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    Count me as another who wears pink, proudly - never had any problems.
    Me too. I have a pink button down and a pink and black stripped polo. I also wear pink panties frequently and love them.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

It is a strange fact that the colour of choice for country gentlemens cord trousers is light pink to wear with their tweed jackets and not many would accuse this Hunting, Shooting, Fishing fraternity of being effeminate.....
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have pink shirts, purple shirts, a violet shirt, my favorite, every colour under the sun, except Orange, too much. Ties to match each one. Wear them all to work. No one looks twice.

Recently while i was wearing a pink T shirt a friend started kidding me about wearig such a girlie color. He got a good laugh when I said I. Wanted my shirt to match my panties. He thought I was joking, which I was. Actually i was wearing blue satin panties.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    1 pair of black socks with pink heel and toe reinforcement areas.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only

I have several pink dress shirts that I wear to work. I also wear pink golf shirts very often. Never hear anyone talk about me wearing them.

I don't know if you remember when this photo hit the news back in May 2009. Note the boxer shorts on the left.

052209_soldier_pink_boxers_800.jpg

Ya know, I thought about it and I wear more pink in guy mode that en femme, if you don't count lipstick!

Kiss Kiss,
    Debby

Pink (and lavender, too) dress shirts and polo shirts have always been acceptable in most business situations. Although there are still situations where gray/black/blue suit plus white shirt are preferable, the kind of man who makes a comment about the color shirt another man is wearing is almost always the guy who bought his 100% polyester "dress suit" off the rack at Walmart. When I was in the Marines, back when 782 gear consisted of a sword, shield and axe, the standard PT short was issued in bright red. When they had been laundered 20-30 times the shorts would fade to a dusty pink shade, which was considered to be very "salty" (i.e. Old Corps) and therefore very desirable.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the old days of IBM that i've heard of----black suit, white shirt, black tie. Or if you're a movie buff----Men In Black.
    Yes, back then the definition of [SIZE=1]risqué was a gray suit and a blue dress shirt...[/SIZE]

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I own and wear a number of pink shirts and ties. Also recently purchased a fabulous fuchsia coloured cashmere sweater. I haven't encountered any odd looks or problems when wearing them.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I wear pink all the time. Right now, I am wearing a women's pink knit jacket to work every day. I also carry a plain black "man" purse wherever I go. And semi-long nails with clear polish. And a wedding ring with 5 diamonds. So pink is not a big deal.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".