Thread: Visit to the urologist

Visit to the urologist

I've been in a kind of WTF mood lately. You know, if you don't like it, deal with it.

So I had an appointment with my urologist to check on my enlarged prostate. I had to schedule the appointment 2 months in advance, and was told that if I voided early, they would have to re-schedule the test.

I needed to drink a lot of water and come in with a full bladder for my 3 PM appointment

I knew I would have to do a flow test (pee into a special bowl) to measure volume and flow rate, and then have an ultrasound to assess fluid remaining in my bladder.

I wore a pair of full cut panties in a dark purple. My cover story was that I it was my reminder not to void before getting to the doctor's office, since it was pretty hard to go standing up.

So, I did the flow test in private, and went into the exam room for the ultrasound of the bladder. I expected to be able to drop trou and panties at the same time, but noooooo. He said drop your pants and keep your underwear on. Oh oh. But WTF. I did it. He comes over with his ultrasound wand, and of course he sees my panties. WTF. But the waist on the panties is too high, so he asks me to pull the waist band down. He doesn't call them undershorts, panties, or anything. Just pull your waist band down. He does the ultrasound, and tells me to get dressed. No prob. And I didn't even offer up my cover story.

Then leaving, the receptionist engages me in some small talk about the length of my nails, which were about 1/4 inch past the pink. Her consensus. She can't grow her nails long, but most girls would kill to have nails like mine.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    We hear post after post on this subject. The fear of exposing your crossdressing to the medical profession. Truth be told, we don't give a rat's behind what you are wearing. Get over yourself. You are just not that important. We see patients all day every day, and if you want us to think you are weird or special because you have on purple panties, go ahead. But actually you aren't. You would not believe some of the really weird stuff we see.

Relax around your doctor. Honest. We care about your health, not your underwear. And we are far too busy anyway.

S

It's true, we see plenty of strange things. It is also true that we could care less unless it directly involves patient care.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    You would not believe some of the really weird stuff we see.
    Now you've got me wondering!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

[QUOTE=Stephenie S;2727447 we don't give a rat's behind what you are wearing. Get over yourself. You are just not that important.
    [/QUOTE]

You mean those wonderful pretty panties I bought to impress my doctor won't work? She isn't deeply and madly in lust with me either? Maybe if I get her name tattooed on my butt? And here I thought she made my come in yearly just to see what I had on.

Now, Steffi, I hope everything is going fine (no pun)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have to relate this story to let you know why I appreciate my urologist so much. Three years ago I was referred to him due to some bleeding. The first time I went I was concerned because I am shaved and have acrylic nails, but I got over it and went. My first impression of his was that he had the bedside manner of a bengal tiger. Since than I have to go back every three months and he has seen me completely dressed in fem and his only comment was "Have you lost weight?" He has been nothing but professional and I am very comfortable seeing him.

Will have to second Stephenie. Bras, panty hose, panties, a few thongs...seem them all. But then all the patients were GG's.

Laura

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Expecting the urologist to be pissed about your panties?
    /bad humor

I can see how that would be scary, but if they are true professionals, they won't care...
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation MY visit to a urologist:

He was recommended by a friend. At the time rite after my divorce, I thot I couldn't function sexually ever again. And, went to see why! I had just begun dressing regularly.

He started by making me wait over 2 hours to see him after our scheduled appointment time. Finally, rushing in to tell me about his family and how successful he was!
    I quickly told him about my problem with sex and my budding dressing. Hoping he could listen to me for 3 minutes!

Even before I stopped talking he told me that, "Crossdressing is wrong!" And, that even if I became excited when dressed, I shouldn't masterbate!

Needless to say, his advice was COMPLETELY WRONG!

And, crossdressing helped me REGAIN my sexual function!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I worked at a hospital and spent many long hours in the emergency room, guys in panties were probably some of the most mundain things seen.

Sherry
    Not all physicians are created equal and it is one of the professions that seem to have larger than standard egos. Ask your friends who they see. We should all be professional but people are people...except the ones from the other planets.
    Laura

So, what ARE some of the weird things medical professionals see?

Well, how do I put this delicately?...from what I've read, some people can get really carried away during their sex play with their partner(s), and some of the objects that hospital emergency room staff have had to extract from different body orifices (especially those of the lower extremity kind) would boggle most peoples' imaginations.

'Nuff said...

I hope all your test results come back good Steffi. *fingers crossed*.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I hope all your test results come back good Steffi. *fingers crossed*.
    Oh, yeah. Everything is fine. Thanks for asking.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have, at the present time, 4 doctors. One is a lady, my cardiologist, and of course the others are all men. They have all seen me in pretty panties, and most of them have seen me wearing a skirt! I am a crossdresser, and I don't hide it very much!! My daughter, who is an RN and know that I crossdress, says doctors have seen it all anyway! When I go to the doctor, I dress the way I feel like dressing. Maybe drab, maybe feminine!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I too have seen more different things than a guy in panties, as was said, we really don't care unless it involves something we are treating you for. In one case I had a patient who was MTF TS, hormones, breast augmentation, etc, but pre-SRS. She did not tell us about this, she presented as female and we treated her that way, though during the course of the surgery we discovered what she had not told us. There was no problem but I might have made a few changes in my treatment for medical reasons had I known in advance. So, don't worry about medical folk seeing your panties, just be truthful with them about your medical issues.........Stephanie

I had a visit with a urologist and panties weren't the issue. Count me as one of the girls that only wears men's underwear to a doctor appointment. After I described the reason for my visit he told me to drop my pants so he could take a look. There, in the most embarrassing place possible, were a couple of flakes of glitter. He couldn't help making a comment about that with a very broad smile while I was left stammering. Turns out my DW washed my underwear with one of her glittery tops.