Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you THINK about dressing?

Banned Read only
    Think about dressing: About once a week or so.

My own innate feminity: Daily... Almost hourly, depending on what I'm doing at any given moment.

TG/CD issues: Same, virtually daily, with variances coming from what I'm doing, talking about, etc.

allll the time, my inner girl never leaves!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Way too often...Sometimes I can't stop thinking about what to get next or when I will be brave enough to go out again.

About every 8 seconds. I'm serious.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Every day. There are large periods of the day where I don't think about it at all, but at some point I will think about it regardless. Occasionally there are frantic work or social periods where I wont think about it for a few days or even a week. That's rare though, and I always recognise the fact that I must have had an extremely busy period, for me not to have thought about it at all, because that's not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    How often do you think about dressing, your own innate femininity, or TG/CD issues? Every day? Every week? Every couple of weeks? A couple of times a month? Please do not confuse the question with how often you actually dress. Rather, I am curious as to how often members think about such things.
    I think about dressing daily. I think about it every time I get on this site. Billie Jean

Depends on what I'm doing. Every day at least 3 or 4 times, at the very least! Sometimes even when I'm surfing.....

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar
    I think I think about dressing at least once if not more every day. Unfortunately do to the nature of my job and home life I really don't get the chance to dress as frequently as I would like. But when I do dress up it is really nice ; )

I think about dressing daily, because I'm on this site each morning. Seeing an article of clothing on a woman or in a print ad, spins my mind on how that will look on me.

Platinum Member
    Hmmmm, at the risk of sounding like an obsessive compulsive, I'd have to say at least hourly. I'm dressed everyday, with few exceptions, and although I do try to focus on my work, its always on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Hmmmm, at the risk of sounding like an obsessive compulsive, I'd have to say at least hourly. I'm dressed everyday, with few exceptions, and although I do try to focus on my work, its always on my mind.
    Kim, if you don't mind, can you please explain this?

I've always assumed that having crossdressing on the mind occurs when someone is not dressed, as a wish to go ahead and dress. And so when someone is dressed, then what else is there to wish for?
    Reine

I think about crossdressing everyday. When I'm watch TV seeing the woman wearing beautiful clothes or make-up commercials. I think about it at work because we get lots of magazines, catalogs and advertisements. There's so much that keeps me thinking of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    allll the time, my inner girl never leaves!
    Hey, there's and echo in here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This is so hard to answer. Tina is a part of life so as life threads its way so do the issues that are a part of her. How often? I'm not sure. I'd say at least once an hour when presenting as a male, but I'm just not sure. I'll have to pay attention and then edit this entry

tina

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Kim, if you don't mind, can you please explain this?

I've always assumed that having crossdressing on the mind occurs when someone is not dressed, as a wish to go ahead and dress. And so when someone is dressed, then what else is there to wish for?
    Reine, I interpreted "how often do you think about dressing" very literally. I'm sitting here, dressed en femme as I normally am, and I'm certainly aware of the fact...even though I'm working on other things. I'm not so much wishing for anything else as I am simply conscious of myself. Since I'm dressed most of the time, I suppose I do sometimes take it for granted, but most of the time I feel very grateful that this has become a large part of my day to day existence.

If I were in drabs, I'd certainly be wishing for a change of clothes

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm not so much wishing for anything else as I am simply conscious of myself. Since I'm dressed most of the time, I suppose I do sometimes take it for granted, but most of the time I feel very grateful that this has become a large part of my day to day existence.
    OK. It's gratitude. I think I understand this. Do you think you'll ever reach the point where you'll take who you are for granted and not think of it much, like I do?
    Reine

I've been transsexual for as long as I could remember, even at 2 years old, I was making dresses out of dry cleaner bags and showing them off for my mom.

Needless to say, most of the time, I am aware that I'm in the wrong body. Every time I look at a pretty woman or a woman wearing a pretty outfit, I'm thinking about what it would be like to look good in her outfit, how she does her hair, how she does her make-up, her shoes, whether she's wearing hosiery or bare-legged, how does she get her legs so smooth? How could I get mine that smooth?
    In that moment of wondering, it's a wonderful fantasy of me looking that good.

Then comes the reality and the dispair. Knowing that I'm too tall, to big, and too old to look that good for any period of times. I can't wear the 4 inch heels, because my knees wouldn't take it....

Then comes the regret - why didn't I tell my parents over and over until they did something about it? Why didn't I tell all those psychologists and therapists I was seeing so they could help me do what really mattered? Why didn't I INSIST that we talk about it, instead of letting them blow me off. Why didn't I tell the girls at Loretto Heights College - my college where I was one of 25 men in a school with 900 women - they would have been HAPPY to make me one of the girls.

Then comes the other regrets - Why did I marry my first wife, who lied about accepting my dressing? Why didn't I tell her how much I wanted to be a girl? Why didn't I divorce her before we had children? Why did I let her threats to revoke visitation stop me from transition, since I barely ever saw the kids anyway? Why did I go into a training program that forced me to stop dressing, knowing that I couldn't quit dressing forever. Why did I stop dressing and gain so much weight?

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, dreaming about being a girl, and get so upset that I'm still in my male body, that I flash images of ways to die, so that I can get into a body I want. I can't overdose (I tried when I was younger, but my drug addict metabolism would overcome any overdose with the right countermeasures). I tried ground class when I was 21, 1/4 lb worth over 4 hours, while walking - and lived anyway.

I even think back to the time when I DID die, of Chigella, for about 3 minutes, and agreed to come back, rather than requesting a girl's body.

So yes, I think about it nearly all of the time. There are many times when the thoughts are happy, beautiful, and wonderful. There are also times when my thinking is dark and sad and ugly.

The good news is that after 5 years of therapy, 34 years of AA and NA, 20 years of Landmark Education, and some great parents, I have been able to pull myself out of the ugly funk quickly, and accept that having all these thoughts doesn't mean that I have to act on them.

Ironically, the one time that I don't go into the ugly cycle, is when I'm all dressed up and doing things I like, and not getting read, or at least not getting obvious reactions indicating that I have been read.

The funny thing is that when I'm dressed, I look 10-20 years younger, healthier, and happier.

Just thinking about the whole cycle right now is enough to make me very sleepy.

Ya a bit hard to answer for a couple of reasons for sure:

firstly - when I had the ability to dress as I please, my only thought was get out of bed and put cloths on. They happened to be female.

secondly - currently I don't have that luxury so I think about wearing 'my cloths, the ones that fit and look right on me and just happen to be female' constantly.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    OK. It's gratitude. I think I understand this. Do you think you'll ever reach the point where you'll take who you are for granted and not think of it much, like I do?
    Hmmm, I'm not very good at predicting the future...but I suppose it will eventually become more routine. I've changed a lot over the past couple of years, so its still all relatively new for me.

This has never been a consistent thing for me. Of course, I've spent way too much time with the "binge & purge" approach to dressing. The desire to dress would well up so strongly that it would be all I could think about - and so I would buy some clothes & basic makeup, and feminize at every possible moment - and think about it the rest. That always had the dynamic of a dam bursting for me: after a little while, things would even out, and maybe I'd even forget about it for a while. Eventually and without fail, the purge cycle would intervene, for whatever reason - new roommates, new girlfriend, or just plain guilt - and the clothes would get tossed, the thoughts put away to build up again. Sad. During those times, I could go long stretches without thinking about it much. I spent much of the last 3 years living at a remote location in the wilderness where it wasn't even feasible to think of dressing, not living at a camp with 12 lumberjacks in close proximity, and doors with no locks. It would have been torture to even consider. So the survival mechanism kicked in somewhat there, too.

Since I've been back amongst society, the thoughts have been building up again. It had been so long without! It would start with the occasional heart-stopping pair of shoes on display as I walked past, or that butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling that I get when I see a beautiful woman and simultaneously think how wonderful it would be to date her, and how wonderful it would be to be her.

This time, I made the decision to rid myself of the peaks and valleys of my masc/fem balance, and not stop or withdraw for fear of shame. Since I only started dressing again very recently, it's been on my mind pretty much 24/7 lately. I know that'll even out with time, as the dam-flow subsides again, and I'll settle into that right balance of thinking about it most days (or when I see hot pumps, ha!), without it consuming my every waking moment.

Everyday all day long. But I do wear women's jeans or dress pants so its not hard to think about it .
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Every few hours! I get bored, or work will just cause time to go by slow, and I just think of how bad I want to be home. Then, the skirts, shoes, eye shadows, and shiny pink or purple satin comes into my head and I melt. It's a revolving door until I do it again.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Almost every day. It occurs to me by seeing a nice skirt or a woman nicely dressed. Unforunately i do not have the chance to dress up often.

How many minutes in a day ?
    Brenda.

I have to say every day at least two or three times a day. It sometimes is just an overwhelming rush of thoughts followed by an overwhelming urge to go and dress up. The other day I had this urge to put on panty hose and a little black skirt because the thought of wearing hose and a silky feeling skirt would be so sexy feeling. I couldn't do it because we had company and it was not an appropriate time. I also want to go shopping when this happens and I usually have no money when this occurs. Sad isn't it?
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.