Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wearing female clothes in public with no makup, etc.

Platinum Member
    I used to tread what I considered a borderline, wearing slides with 2" heels, a woman's top and jeans...even a bit of make up. I know that some folks looked at me as being an effeminate or metrosexual, but maybe that' was an appropriate characterization, and frankly, it certainly didn't hurt anyone. Now, I'm more comfortable going full femme, but I can't bring myself to go without makeup. I just feel like I have to do something to soften my more masculine features when I go out.

I can understand the frustration with makeup, particularly when your vision is a problem.

Silver Member
    I say go for it. Consider the alternative: wearing makeup with no clothes! Perhaps either approach gives away the farm, but only one will get you arrested!

More seriously, you might just go for partial makeup, i.e., foundation, concealer, etc., but skip the eye makeup in favor of lightly-tinted glasses (femme, of course). It gets around the worst of the sight issues - applying eye makeup.

Lea

....the more I read that post, the more it appeals to me. Boy mode with light makeup...! I think I will have to try that!

I think what you're describing is a good option, Barbara. Please let us know how it went.

If I were doing it, I would wear a wide-brimmed hat (esp in summertime) or a smaller brimmed in winter, plus shades. There are moisturizers out there with a little tint that would help to hide your beard. I use Aveeno tinted moisturizer. Try that, plus powder, plus lipstick. No elaborate makeup needed.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I did it!
    I got dressed early and got to the mall about noon time I decided to lightly apply some pan stick with a little blush and that was it. I also decided to wear my white female pointed toe canvas flats. They are shoes of like deck shoes. Anyway, they're definately more feminie than the shoes I was going to wear.

Also, the blouse I wore is a bit sheer with an embriodered, floral design on it and the end result was, you could more or less see my bra underneath it.
    Adding my light pink baseball cap (NY of course), the overall look was casual but, still quite feminine. I felt quite feminine dressed like that in public .

I actually felt fairly comfortable on the road partially due to the fact that I had no heavey makeup on. In an emergency on the road, I just had to slip on my jeans and jacket over the female clothers. A paper towel would have quickly erased the light makeup.

I really got no bad reactions, and mostly no one payed any attetion to me. However, I did get a few smiles and knowing looks from a few older women and even from one younger girl. I advoided group of males of ciourse.

An enjoyable experience overall.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 11-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow ... wearing a blouse that shows (more or less) your bra is going for it Having said that, I've done similar but my top wasn't "a bit sheer" it was the fitted-ness that showed of the outline of my bra. Anyway, congratulations on being able to do it and having a good time whilest doing it!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Sorry Rachel, maybe in a prefect world, but in this one, people judge you, no matter who you are, no matter what you do, people judge you, it's just what humans do!
    Tina B.
    That's very true.
    You can do whatever you want (as long as its legal) but people will judge you. Now it's up to you if you care what they think or not. Most of us do, even if we won't admit it.

As for me (and you can judge me if you wish), I will go out as a male or female, but not part one and part another. If I'm wearing boobs, I'll be wearing female clothing, hip padding, a wig, at least minimal makeup, and will have shaved as close as possible. I'm not a "shove it in your face" type of person.

I don't get to go out as a female very often though.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Asche View Post
    Maybe this will be considered beside the point, but ...

I know quite a few women (GF) who seldom or never wear makeup. I also know a few women (GFs) who have hair that would be considered short on a man. As far as I can tell, nobody gives them a second glance, or at least no more than they would any woman.

So why would anyone consider it a faux pas to go out en femme without makeup or a wig? Or is this against some rule of CDing that I wasn't aware of? (Of course, "that I wasn't aware of" isn't saying much -- I'm probably one of the least hep-to-CDing-rules of anyone here.)

Granted, I know women who would sooner go to the mall naked from the neck down than be seen in public without makeup, but can't you just pretend you're not from that subculture?
    Lots of the women I know (including my wife) only wear makeup for special events. The difference though, is that they are genuine females and look like females without makeup. Most of us need the makeup to hide beards and to create the illusion that we are females. So far, I've only used lipstick and foundation and worn sunglasses. Next time, I plan to do the eyes but also wear glasses. I need them anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Wow ... wearing a blouse that shows (more or less) your bra is going for it Having said that, I've done similar but my top wasn't "a bit sheer" it was the fitted-ness that showed of the outline of my bra. Anyway, congratulations on being able to do it and having a good time whilest doing it!
    Yeah, I figured that if I was going to do it, I might as well go for broke.
    It left nothing to the imaginatiion that I was wearing a bra and therefore panties and I wanted people to know it, even if they realized that I was not a female.
    To be honest, that was part of the thrill for me.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 11-29-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Congratulations on the outing.

One thing that is to your advantage at least this time of the year, I think at least, most everyone that is out is so focused on shopping becasue of Christmas and it will get worse or better the closer Christmas gets, then to worry about what is going on around them.

I'm going to test the water soon, I look totaly male. I am going to go to get my hair done and I am going to wear male jeans and coat with a real fluffy, ruffly, flowerly looking top with some sort of necklace. I will see what they say when I get to the salon! I'm going to try it in the morning and during the week. Can't wait.

I've posted this before in similar threads, but I mix women's clothes with my male presentation all the time, including nylons, shorts and mary-janes or ballet flats. I also wear Keds quite often. No one seems to care and my wife goes along with it as well. I have not tried to "pass" in over 10 years.

Congratulations, BJ. We all share your joy.

I don't wear makeup myself, a lot of times I don't even have a wig on. I actually hate putting on makeup, and I actually used to have to do it when I was acting in a local community theater.

I nowadays wear my femme clothes, I haven't bought any male clothes in some time, 24/7. Been doing that for the last 6 months. I do tend to wear a jacket though to hide the fact I have my forms in. But no one seems to notice as I walk past. And even if they do notice they don't say anything, especially if they happen to catch a peek beneath my jacket.

Most folks don't generally care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats on the positive outing. I used to live in Upstate NY and know that the people there aren't always the most progressive.