Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tall-ness

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody1985 View Post
    I used TG with the understanding that transgender covers the entire spectrum of trans lifestyles including crossdressing all the way to transsexuals. If I'm wrong, and TG does not cover it all, then someone please inform me. Because I have always thought that.
    I believe on this site it tends to hit the whole spectrum. I'm just still kinda used to having more specific definitions...

Heels are not going to make a differnece

I got some advice once from a GG that said you are 6'4 anyway. Heels or flats are not going to change that. Wear what you love to wear! Most GG's would love to have legs like mine anyway so I love showing them off.
    Now if I just could spell Difference, LOL
    Last edited by CindySTJ; 11-27-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

At 5'-6" I'll keep my height thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    At 5'-6" I'll keep my height thank-you
    I"ll trade you Vanessa.

In my opinion, girls wear high heels because of the sound that it makes when you walk, to catch people attention, it is not because of the merely 3-4 extra inches that they get from it. And, high heel just give a magical expression that you can't describe, it's like woman with S body curve looks better than a woman with straight body outline, similarly the slope of a pair of high heel, the pointy toe, the stiletto heel gives woman a better look.

I don't see any reason why a 6 feet tall woman would need to wear high heel, but they still do, it's the matter of showing off.

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Depends what you refer to as tall - its very subjective. It also depends on what you as a CD are trying to acheive. Are you wanting to blend in and have the feeling of being a "normal" lady or do you want to be noticed and stand out from the crowd??

On average, men are generally taller than women. A tall good looking woman tends to stand out and is noticed and "oooood!".
    A tall man gets similar notice especially if he is good looking - same as the woman.
    But once you start getting above that normal "tall" height, then you start being looked at as odd. For woman I would guess this is about 6'2" and men 6'6". But this does depend on what country you in.
    I am 6'6" and there would me many occasions when I would see people staring or when I walk past turn and look. I would on numerous occasions be asked how tall I am. I am so used to this that I simply just enjoy the attention and have a laugh!
    OK - so now when dressed fem. I can look pretty good and dress to impress, but would wear flats, never high heals.
    I have been out at night to a few CD night clubs and as they are so liberal, nobody really cares, but then again the men there would definately not be interrested and I assume I look freekish as I am just too tall!
    So, when leaving the "security" of the club and going out into the public, ther would not be a single person who I pass who does not turn their head! So, I am definately not fitting in and going unnoticed!
    I would like to but there is no chance -- this is the dilemma of the TALL crossdresser!!

Sammy

Platinum Member
    I certainly don't think that being tall helps a CDr pass normakes them inherently more attractive. I've always been a bit jealous of those among us who are under 6'. But, I don't let my height (6'2") discourage me. I know that my height is above average for women, but from time to time do see women who are at least my height. And I don't let it keep me fromwearing heels if I'm in the mood (seldom >3" heels). And, as Gabi pointed out, there are other attributes besides height that can be far more telling...particularly shoulders, arms and hands. I try to compensate by chosing garments that minimize these features to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I"ll trade you Vanessa.
    nope... cause I like hugs from big girls

I don't know, but I am the tallest of anyone I know. I'm 6'06". I'm 190 though, so I am a slim build. Wearing three inch heels...ok...that puts me at 6'09". Ouch. I haven't thought about it that way, but who cares. Lets just wear what we want. If people want to stare, let them! In my eyes, it's like this site. If someone says "I saw you on there," then why not just turn the table and say "Really? Why were you looking at a site called "crossdressers.com"? Explain that one." I'd say they might be able to read you easier due to more attention for being that tall in heels, but hey, a harder question to answer would be "Why are you paying that much attention if you aren't interested in what you see?"
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Gosh, reading all of this is making me question my previous opinion! I hope I'll have that much confidence someday.

You have to work with what you have. Some have an easier time than others. Some remove all obstacles in their way.